THERE WAS A CLEAR difference between dying underneath the shoulders of the omnipotent and dying by their side. Simply put, one was reprehensible, and the other was imminent. Suicide really did mean nothing to Aogiri, and it really was true. If one can't keep up, then all they can do is try to extend their arm to at least get dragged on the coarse ground. But they'll get left behind with just a little time, and their deaths would only leave one out of a hundred truly bereft.

" We really are getting laid-back about finding Rize now, don't you guys think so too?"

" Maybe it's time to just give up. Why do we even have to be so... indulged in this matter?" (Y/N) crossed her arms, and the white-haired male, who stood like a depraved sentry beside the bandaged ghoul, gave a look of disapproval at her claim.

" Oh, (Y/N)," a ghoul dressed in the flashiest shades of pink to blue gave out a giggle, wetting his cherry-glossed lips then, " You know how much I love your ideas and lifestyle, but it's getting quite obvious that you're the only one who holds a grudge against Rize."

" What's the matter with that?" the (h/c)-haired female raised her legs and placed them above the crooked, mahogany table.

" Because that just proves how much of an egotistical doofus you are."

The sentence did not impact her, but upon hearing the recognizable voice of a massive, bulky, blonde man from behind her, she couldn't help but snarl.  Eto's lips curved into a small smile at the vision of a possible commotion between the two, so she sat still and waved her legs.

" As if you do helpful shit here," the female hissed, hinting at visible frustration and discouragement.

" Think big. Your existence knows well you're the only one on the other side, yet you seem pretty confident still," his large hand gripped the top rail of her chair, crudely trying to draw the entire chair closer to him, " All these years in here and you never learn."

" Then what do you want me to do?" gravity pulled her entire leg on the table down harshly, and it pulled on endlessly, holding on to the table for its dear life, " Maybe if you can fill me up with decent answers, I'll consider going down on both knees to apologize for staying in the wrong side."

" Yamori. (L/N)," the white-haired male meddled in the argument, but it was enough for them to keep them quiet.

Eto raised her arms to the air, stretching to the left and the other direction, playfully giving out short gasps, " Thank you, Tatara."

The altercation quickly died down with a flick of three effortless words, but the entire atmosphere was occupied with immense rage and an underlying superiority complex. Every time their eyes briefly met, the intensity would surge, and they would quickly look away, unwilling to show accountability.

" (Y/N). You're quite the only one who's against the idea, and I'm just hoping you know that without you, we'll just continue as we like and make no progress."

" So what exactly do you want me to do?" (Y/N)'s voice turns ice cold, like a blade sharp enough to cut through steel. But underneath the glare she had set upon everyone in the room, there was a hint of a pleading tone.

" Be mature and help us out, obviously."

But the way she said it made her fume silently. She could sense a despicable smile creeping up her shadow, laughing at the gibe he found amusing but not for her.

" Don't get it wrong. We know you're capable," Eto added, smiling through the bandage.

A dour guise washed over the (h/c)-haired female's face. She rocked the chair back and forth, looking down at her foot with darkened eyes.