Kaneki was shouting in agony, and veins started to appear in several parts of his face. As he held his head and his legs that were shaking, his kagune sprouted out of his back, and his eye turned ghoul-like. Flashbacks of when he was fighting with Shinohara and Sachi appeared within his eyes. He broke from his nightmare to only be transported to a room filled with a pool of blood on the floor and what he saw in front of him made him quiver in fear. 

There was two people-no, three and those two people were devouring someone. Not long after, they stopped eating the person, revealing ( Y/n )'s corpse, her hair disheveled and her black trench coat she always wore in battles, ripped.

" ( Y/N )!"

Since he was so focused on the dead body that was sinking in the blood, he was not able to realize that two people popped out of the pool of blood. Those people are Rize and Yamori, and they were climbing him. He screamed in terror again, not until he felt a hand pat his head and a hand shaking his shoulders.

" Kaneki.. Kaneki? Kaneki!" ( Y/n ) shouted worriedly as Kaneki finally woke up from his nightmare. He panted heavily and the ( h/c ) female just stared at him with concerned and anxious eyes, continuing to pat his hair, hoping that it would calm him down.

" ( Y/n )-san.." Kaneki whispered to only receive silence, "I was wrong. It wasn't me who was eating ghouls... I'm the one.. who was being eaten."

" Due to the frequent attacks made by well-organized group of ghouls, the Commission of Counter Ghoul has made the destruction of hidden ghoul bases a primary adjective

" Due to the frequent attacks made by well-organized group of ghouls, the Commission of Counter Ghoul has made the destruction of hidden ghoul bases a primary adjective. They are currently seeking more information," the news reporter reported as ( b/n ) turned off the TV and entered Touka's room that had several books on the table that were placed next to the sleeping female. He tiptoed quietly before he placed a jacket on top of the indigo-haired female and smiled, realizing the amount of effort she had put into studying.

Once the male was about to leave the room, he stopped once he saw a textbook right next to her that says 'Kamii University'. ( b/n ) flashed a small smile to no one before he left the room, remembering Kaneki, who would always stutter whenever he talked. Little did he know a certain brown-haired female was watching the whole scene.

The sky wasn't as bright as usual for it was winter. The orange, yellow leaves that were usually in front of the coffee shop disappeared and the atmosphere felt rather gloomy, but that didn't stop Hinami's mood. She was spinning around joyfully around the narrow streets and placed the usual chalkboard beside the stairs.

She flipped the board from 'closed' to 'open' and stretched, glad that her first commission was done, not until she was distracted when she saw Nishiki holding his girlfriend's hand. The brown-haired female was staring at the couple with curious eyes, as a green balloon got stuck in a naked tree that was standing right next to her.

***

" Are you sure you're asking the right person about this?" Nishiki asked as he stopped wiping the tables and looked at Hinami, who nodded at him.