WITH THE ABSENCE OF (B/N), who had decided to desert Anteiku for the rest of the afternoon without a sole reason, the two vying ghouls had chosen to feel rather displeased for the rest of the day.

" The shop feels a bit empty nowadays, doesn't it," Kaneki had tried his best to strike up a conversation, but the indigo-haired female still seemed to feel dulled.

" There have been more Doves around recently. Everyone's wary of going outside during a time like this."

It was true that the entire ward was completely ghosted, and it felt oddly palpable. The counter that used to host an array of coffee, sandwiches, and crackers now stood empty. The rays of sunset slipped in through the windows, casting gentle beams that waltzed across the polished surfaces of the wooden desk.

The small bell attached to the inert door abruptly caused a delicate chime like a sudden piano note in a vacant aula. Immediately, their keen senses converged, causing them both to shift their gazes simultaneously in the exact direction from which the sound had came from.

" Welcome!" Kaneki greeted, the corner of his lips emerging upwards, but he was hushed when the man had chosen to eye the place cautiously.

" Is your manager here?"

Kaneki found himself speechless with his manners, and his once innocent countenance now twisted into an uncomfortable expression. Before he could try to lift his lips to speak, a hand shot out and seized him by the collar.

" I asked you if your manager was here!" the hostile visitor raised his voice.

" T-the manager has stepped out for a bit-"

" Then where did he go!?" he growled, tugging his collar more firmly. Kaneki could feel the pressure around his neck swell.

" Hey, you," Touka exclaimed. She seemed fearless with the situation somehow, " What do you think you're doing? If you've got business here, the least you could do is order a cup of coffee."

" What was that!?"

Fortunately, it didn't take long for the complicated man to adopt a more mannerly demeanor within five minutes of their time. He soon occupied a seat positioned close to the window across from Kaneki and Touka. Sitting behind them were his subordinates conversing effortlessly at a separate table.

" If you have something to tell the manager, I can relay it for you," Kaneki offered.

" I...have something I want to ask you guys as well," the male looked down and crossed his arms, " Do you know Kamishiro Rize? My name is Banjou Kazuichi. I'm here from the 11th Ward. I was acquainted with Rize-san back when she was still there. "

" And what makes you think she's here?" Touka could feel her stomach clutch in a way she didn't like at all upon hearing his words.

" When Rize-san left the 11th Ward, she said something about a coffee shop. That's..."

Just as Banjou was about to proceed, a strangely familiar scent reached his senses. Once he identified its source, he let out a belligerent roar and seized Kaneki's collar once more, " Why do you have Rize-san's scent on you?!"

" Hey! No roughhousing in here!" Touka retorted.

" Banjou-san!" Kaneki exclaimed.

" Are you him?" he blurted out, releasing his hold on the ravenette's shirt, " Are you Rize-san's man?"

" N-no, we're nothing like th-"

" 'WE'RE?!"

Having said that, he initiated a barrage of punches aimed at the raven-haired individual, who was yelping as he tried to duck his swift movements.