( b/f/l/n ) ~ ( Best Friend Last Name )

***

" Thank goodness. So they're letting you go in a few days?"

" Yeah. Sorry to worry you," Shinohara said, and his face remained serious and plain as usual.

" At that time, I thought you were already gone," Amon said sadly and Shinohara's expression suddenly turned bitter.

" He was eating my Arata."

" Is he... Is the Eyepatch a kakuja?"

" Good question. They said that if a ghoul repeatedly commits cannibalism, it'll become a kakuja," the patient explained, " A kakuja..No, he was more like a half-kakuja. Amon, he's dangerous."

His hand that holds a coffee, started to shake. Kaneki then lost grip of it, causing it to break into a myriad of pieces. He fell to the floor and his kagune started to hit different parts of his room and Kaneki could only scream in pain, holding his eyes, no one to save him... at least that was what the male thought.

 at least that was what the male thought

" Thank you... ( Y/n )-san," the white-haired male said, his white bangs covered his eyes. She concluded that he was ashamed.

" You're welcome," she replied and crossed her legs, humming to a small lullaby. Complete silence filled the atmosphere, and they did not take any glances either.  As the ( h/c )-female was about to take a sip from her cup, Kaneki finally spoke.

" Why... do you hate Rize-san so much?"

( Y/n ) choked on coffee after hearing the sudden question she never thought about, and gasped softly, " What about it?"

" ( Y/n )-san, please be honest with me."

" You guys were dating, right?"

" No. We're not dating."

" Then why did you bring her up?" she raised her eyebrow and clicked her tongue, still trying her best to sound friendly.

" It's just that every time I say her name or someone does, your eyes started to rage with anger and it seems that you... wanted her dead. I had a feeling that she did something that infuriated you."

" You got it all right. She did something and the fact that I really want her dead is indeed true and it actually happened-"

" Why.. do you want her dead then-"

" She killed my best friend," she interrupted with an angry yet sad manner as Kaneki gasped and directly looked up to her, " She.. killed my best friend- No, she ate my best friend."

Kaneki couldn't speak. No words escaped from his mouth. He could only stare at her, shocked with the unexpected answer, and ( Y/n ) laughed when deep inside she wanted to flip the table in front of her with rage.