❛ 愛してる ❜

" What is there to talk about and why... why do you want to meet me, Kaneki?"

" I want us to make things clear," he explained and went closer to ( Y/n ), who continued to sit on the floor, " And I want to apologize."

With that, he collapsed on his knees and bowed at her, his forehead making contact with the floor, causing the ( h/c )-haired female to gasp. She then stood up and tucked a hair behind her ear, starting to panic and feel rather uncomfortable with what he was doing.

" I'm sorry for being a jerk. I'm sorry for making you wait for someone like me for three years. I'm sorry for not showing up within this year. I'm sorry for-"

" Stand up... please-"

" I can't, I might not be able to forgive myself if I won't do this."

" Kaneki-"

" Please-"

" Goodness, just stand up!" she finally ran out of patience and bent down, grabbing his arm to make him stop. However, once she said that Kaneki looked up and his head bumped her chin. The female stumbled back and held her chin. The white-haired male let out a soft gasp and widened his eyes before he stood up for real. When he took a step closer to her and was about to help her, she stopped him from doing so by moving back

" I-I'm sorry," he bowed down as the ( l/n ) rubbed her chin for the last time, " Please forgive me-"

" Stop saying sorry, it sounds and feels strange."

" But-"

" Go straight to the point. What do you want?" she hissed and stood up, taking a step closer to him, " I remembered that I said that we have nothing to do with each other anymore."

The female made eye contact with him, her eyes piercing his grey ones, not until he felt something was wrong with her eyes. It felt like when he looked at her ( e/c ) orbs, she lost all hope. She remembered each of her regrets and her mistakes, not to mention how it looks tired with life.

" ... but still-"

" I don't want to hear anything else, I'm sorry," she looked away and passed through him, her shoulder brushing his. She was stopped when Kaneki held her wrists and the only thing she could do was to try to escape his grip harshly, " Let me go."

" ( Y/n )-"

" Give up on me, isn't that so simple-"

" Please listen to me just for this one."

" Does it look like I can?" she raised her voice that managed to make the white-haired male startle, " Shut up, get lost. Isn't that the easiest thing everyone can do?"

" I remember, alright?" he clenched his fist,
" I remember the promise."

( Y/n ) softened her eyes after hearing what he said and no words slipped out of her mouth. Kaneki opened his mouth and continued to talk, " I said I wanted to meet you here, didn't I?"

" You did say that three years ago but you never showed up," she gave him an exasperated sigh and crossed her arms, " So who's fault is it now? Sure, I can admit that it was my fault for getting worked up for something this simple and the fact I vented out my anger on you."

" ( Y/n )... what... what did I do wrong?"

" You disappeared and broke the promise. You promised me you'll come back to me alright but you didn't," she explained and started to walk in circles, " You abandoned us and joined forces with our enemy. You tried to kill us, and it is like you cannot accept yourself which I find absolutely pathetic. You... you... made me feel like a fool for trusting people too easily."