" The reason why I wear this...is so that I never forget the days I spent in that orphanage," Amon said towards the ghoul, Priest, as he held his cross necklace that was placed around his neck.

" Oh?" Priest smirked after hearing what he had said.

" I feel nothing but loathing for you," Amon frowned, an expression of disgust and hatred spread across his face. Not long after, a loud siren was heard out of nowhere, causing the ravenette to widen his eyes in surprise.

" Investigator Amon!" Akira shouted as she ran towards him, unlocking the door to the cell that both Amon and Priest were in.

" Akira!"

" Aogiri is making a move," she said and they both ran away from the room, leaving the imprisoned ghoul all by himself.

" She looks tasty, unlike her father," Priest muttered.

The ceiling of Cochlea slowly opened, and the Aogiri members decided to jump in; the CCG officers below them were trying to shoot them from afar. Naki opened his cloak and started to attack the CCGs, including Eto, who was giggling while stabbing them.  As two other humans were about to run away from Eto, they were suddenly skewered from the back by the one and only, Noro, one of the most suspicious and strangest ghouls.

On the other hand, a place that was controlling the whole system in Cochlea started to malfunction. Blood splattered in the window as a ( h/c ) female's kagune pierced down the body of an officer. After doing so, she broke the window and jumped down, landing on the staircase, using her kagune as support. On-time, Ayato and other Aogiri members came down the stairs with Kaneki following them from behind.

" The eyepatch.." Amon muttered and all the Aogiri members were shot by the CCGs below. When the ceiling between them was about to close, Kaneki made a move and that was to activate his kagune to stop the ceiling from closing, and to his surprise, he successfully managed to do so.

" Keep it open!" Ayato shouted from afar as
( Y/n ) went it first, followed by Ayato. Purposely, she crashed into the floor with huge force, making the bridge break into pieces. While those pieces were in the air, she kicked them, causing the gigantic pieces to strike those officers in front of her.  Another batch of officers was still holding their guns and was about to run, not until Kaneki appeared, but he didn't do anything. He could only stare at the bodies that were under the fallen, broken parts of the building, giving the chance for the terrified officers to run away.

" We don't have time to eat," Ayato said and ( Y/n ) nodded before they both left Kaneki to do their assigned duties.

***

The snowy-haired male walked through an empty floor with rectangular rooms and the corpse of those dead officers. The horrible smell of blood lingered around the place he was but the ghoul remained calm. Kaneki stopped once he saw a room that has not been opened.

' This is it,' Kaneki thought and opened the door that leads to the small cellar. He eyed the place carefully before he spoke politely, " Shachi-san? I'm here to free you."

" Boy.. " with that, Kaneki looked up towards the ceiling. Not long after, that man, who was stuck in the ceiling went down, using his mermaid-like kagune, " Why do I smell Rize on you?"

Shachi's face became bitter and solemn before he punched Kaneki, and that sent him flying in another direction, landing face first. Kaneki took out the jacket he was wearing and threw it into the air.  The black-haired ghoul dashed towards Kaneki with a great amount of speed, and Ken widened his eyes in surprise.

' He's fast!' Kaneki thought before he got punched. It was a good thing that Kaneki managed to land safely, regenerating his arm before he used his kagune.

" What? Rize?" Shachi muttered before they continued to fight.

『••タイムスキップ••』

He used his hand to grab Kaneki's forehead, and slowly let his kagune touch him.

" Get away and stay down!" Shachi bellowed as he used his kagune to hit him hard. Kaneki crashed into a wall, causing it to break into pieces. Kaneki lied on the cold floor, unconscious and Eto, who still was in bandages and her usual magenta colored dress, came in between them, her signature, sneaky smile plastered on her face.

" Would you like to see Rize-san again, Kamishiro-san?" She asked innocently and the only thing Shachi could only do was to stare at her.

' Every burden in this world.. exists solely because someone was incompetent. That's why... Ryouko-san's death was my fault... If I'm weak, everyone will die,' Kaneki thought to himself, a lengthy kagune slowly sprouted out from his back, ' Everyone in Anteiku... Even Touka-chan.. and Hide... I have no choice.'