八/九

Suzuya folded a paper that states his will into a paper plane, before he threw it to the air, making it fly across the skies of Tokyo. In the huge crowd, Kaneki, who looked rather depressed, was walking in the middle of the crowd.

" But I hope you didn't get the wrong idea. There is a difference between the word 'like' and 'love'. You're a friend, and nothing more. I don't think we'll  be anything more than that either."

That sentence shuffled in his mind millions of times and it just couldn't get out of his head no matter how much he tried. Even though the statement hurts in a way, it motivated him to become a better person, a better person that would make the female he cares for, change her mind. Kaneki, who was daydreaming, finally snapped out of his thoughts once he saw a white paper plane flying in the sky in front of him.

He watched it fly in the sky until it passed a huge screen that was currently reporting the news. His eyes widened in fear once he saw what the news was reporting. It said a coffee shop in the 20th Ward and by that words, he was already quivering in fear. He froze on his spot, still staring at the screen, not moving a single inch.

" A large-scale police cordon has been raised over the 20th Ward, and movement both in and out is prohibited. CCG has announced that the civilian evacuation is complete and is considering moving in today as tension rises."

( b/n ) and Touka was staring at the TV in shock. The brown-haired male growled and stood up, closing the television, upset with what is going on.

" I'm going. Will you?" ( b/n ) asked and extended his hand to Touka, who was also furious after listening to the news.

" As if I will stand here and do nothing," Touka replied and took his hand, slamming the door shut, not caring whether the door broke.

Then there was the ( h/c )-haired female, who dropped her coffee spoon after seeing and hearing the news. At first, she thought she misheard it but once she heard the details coming in, there was no way.

She hurriedly grabbed her coat and wore it, leaving some buttons unbuttoned and she also placed her ghoul mask before she opened the door and ran, trying her best to avoid making loud noises that would make her neighbors suspicious.

The CCG officers surrounded the coffee shop, Anteiku, while they held their snipers that were ready to shoot. One officer did a hand signal, signaling them to move. And they did. They slowly walked and formed a circle surrounding the entrance while their guns were pointing at the stairs to the door.

Not long after, the officers gasped once they heard footsteps on the stairs. The light was turned on as the CCGs moved backward, still in an aiming position. In fact, there were two people. One was a lady, or also known as Irimi, who was wearing a dog-like mask and the other was Koma, who wore his devil ape mask.

" Welcome," they both said as the CCGs started to shoot them. Koma dodged him by using his flexibility and he kicked the bodies of those shooting him. Irimi was slicing the rest with her nails and with her reflexes and speed, she was able to defeat them. The people who were aiming at her fell to the floor with their own blood splattered on their clothes. By the loss of their comrades, the rest started to get furious, not until their leader spoke towards the disgruntled men.

" Don't lose your cool! There are only two of them!"

" Just two, he says," Irimi said with quite a mocking tone.

" Pretty dim-witted, huh?" Koma exclaimed.

Then, they both jumped high into the air, one landing in a building and the other in another one. Behind them were another bunch of people who wore the same attire and mask as them.