" WHO ARE YOU? Where are you taking me?"

(Y/N) had her arms stretched out wide to support his frail figure. She was hoping that a simple eye-rolling would do the enchantment to keep his mouth sealed, but his occurring interrogation seemed to go on endlessly.

" Does it really matter?"

" It does!" Kaneki exclaimed, and the female ghoul could only groan, " I don't know you at all. All you did was drag me away from him without saying anything!"

" Isn't getting you out of trouble already enough?"

The question caught the dizzy male unprepared. But it only lasted for a single moment before he decided to go on with his rambling.

" But I don't even know you! How am I supposed to know if you're an ally or an enemy? You can be one of his subordinates!"

Soon, the volume of his agitated voice seemed to escalate the more she had left his questions hanging in a bush furcated with spikes of disregard. And soon, (Y/N) felt shamefaced. Her expression was sheepish, it was so unusual seeing her ears glowing red.

She genuinely wondered how he was not noticing his own buffoonery. It was known thoroughly and understandably amongst her subordinates within Aogiri that it was close to essential to confine the whines and complaints especially when with the executives, especially with those who bear the insurmountable prowess to have your limbs undone effortlessly.

To her dismay, Kaneki was to be seen as worthless, and at the same time, he was a diamond in the rough. She was obviously, utterly vexed from holding back her fist at him, but he absolutely couldn't tell.

" Answer me!"

" Holy shit, actually. Holy shit," she took him by the shoulders and pushed him against a coarse wall, her palm securing his prattling mouth, " Don't you ever stop talking? It's the dead of night. Are you really risking both our lives by talking as loud as that? Shut it, damn."

She, too, had to raise her voice slightly. It was perplexing to speak through a veil she had never worn before.

His lips gaped against the surface of her skin. He was ready to argue, and she was not ready to either listen or answer, but it was ruined when he abruptly squinted his eyes and squirmed. Unknowingly, she swiftly pulled her hand away to give him a better time to breathe. The (h/c)-haired female was dazed, but she didn't react much.

" Ow," he flinched, seizing the surface of the stone wall with his bare, pale fingers.

She squatted in front of him, eyeing his ankle with a calculating look. She had been beside him all this time after all, but this time she was in full sight. She didn't ask for any explanation of what had happened; she understood the situation completely.

" You regenerate quite slowly."

She gave him her usual steely gaze, her eyes piercing as if she could see through everything he hid. Her tone seemed cold, but her voice hid no malice.

" It's because of that dead fatass, isn't it?" she sighed and asked him to confirm, her words spoken carefully, but she gave a look that spoke of doubt.

" I... kinda, y-yeah. I slipped on blood and I lost the chance to land properly," his words were shaky from his current attempt to slip away from the pain. Even so, her ears caught them firmly.

Her eyes narrowed into two slits as her fingers crept up to the back of her head to unfetter the little bind of her veil. The male looked down, sinking his teeth into his lower lip.