Chapter 5

For a while Amy and Knuckles just looked in each room where the five teens just sat there, wondering what was going to happen. But the duo knew they couldn't give up on them yet. So they decided to try something different.

Guards moved all five into one room where they sat there waiting for something to happen. Finally, Amy and Knuckles came back into the room. "Wow. You just don't know when to give up do you?" Midnight sighed, smiling at them in disbelief. "Think they can still get answers. Too bad their sorry asses don't know any better." Smoke chuckled. Amy took a deep breath and looked at them. "You're right, we can't get answers. But this time, we're not looking for answers."

All five looked at each other confused. "We're going to give you an ultimatum," Knuckles went on. "Either, you can just tell us what you were doing here. Who you are, if you stole those Chaos Emeralds, and we'll send you on your way. Or, you don't, and you stay here." Knuckles said, giving them their options. After exchanging glances, they burst out laughing. "Y-You really think we'd take your offer?" Midnight asked, wiping away a tear.

"I think we'd rather stay here in prison." Fade replied as she leaned back in his chair. Amy and Knuckles shared a smug smiled before looking back. "Oh, you're not staying here. You're going to move into dorms and go to a school nearby!" Amy explained swiftly. Suddenly, they stopped and looked at them confused. "S-School? What's that?" Diamond asked. Amy and Knuckles were shocked but decided to keep talking. "Yes, it's a place where you go learn the stuff that'll help you down the line!" Knuckles added.

All of them still looked very confused. "You'll understand more when it's the time! But there are some things we gotta do before you go!" Amy explained. The five just stared in disbelief as they thought about what they could've gotten themselves into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After one more night of sleeping in the slammers, the gang was taken to a whole new place where they were surprised about how nice it was. It was a huge building where everything was nice, shiny, new, and huge. Everywhere they looked, there was someone walking down the path or sitting out on the lawn. "What... is this dump?" Diamond asked stunned.

"This is Mobius High. Our own children go to this school! You'll love it here once you get used to it. You have special classes and different routines than the others. But don't worry, you'll still get some of the opportunities." Knuckles reassured. "Wait, wait, you sent us to prison!?" Smoke gasped. "I wouldn't call it prison, think of it more... of a... a better place?" Amy replied. "Oh hell Nah! Take us back!" Fade cried, smacking the palm of her hand on the window.

"I thought you said you would rather hang back than give us information?" Amy replied. "You guys said nothing about a place like this!" Mystic snapped. "Well, just tell us what's going on and we'll let you go!" Knuckles replied.

For a while they exchanged glances and the four mainly looked at Midnight for an answer. Realizing she didn't have any other options, she swallowed her pride and sighed. "Give us our schedules..." she groaned. Knuckles somewhat disappointed, handed over their items, helped them out of the vehicle and walked them to the building. In every direction, someone was staring at them. "I don't like this..." Diamond whispered. "Trust me. I don't either." Midnight reassured.

Each one had just stared in shock, never seeing anyone like them. Compared to the five teens, everyone wore bright summer clothes, dresses, nice clothing, or even uniforms for some. One girl walked a little too close to Mystic and gave him a look of disgust. "What are you looking at?" he growled getting up in her face. She yelped and ran the other way. Knuckles watched it and looked away embarrassed.

When they made it inside, there was someone already waiting to greet them. "Blaze! Thank you so much for helping." Knuckles said exasperated. "Of course! Don't worry, they'll be fine with me!" Blaze reassured. She peeked behind Knuckles to see all five of them trying their best to deal with what they were putting up with.