Chapter 72

The Battle in Dark Side kept escalating greater and greater. Knowing they didn't stand a chance this way, the Mobian teens gathered everything they needed to head back to save their friends. "I'm done with this shit!" Hunter snapped as he turned a corner in one of his dad's vehicles. "If we're going to end this fight, it's gotta be now! But if our parents get on our ass, this is on you Blizzard!" he added. "Yes yes, I know! You've been reminding me every ten minutes!" Blizzard retorted.

Peaking out the window, Typhoon could see the attack happening in front of them. "Turn off the locators! We don't want any enemies knowing we're here!" he alerted Sunny. Sunny nodded, typing things into a remote, making it impossible for anyone to track them. They turned harshly down another street before coming across the bigger battle. "What the! How?! We left only ten minutes after them!" Finn exclaimed. Hannah glanced around, using pair of binoculars. "There's a large fleet like how it was not too long ago!"

"Let's be real, what are we going to do? Our powers only help us go so far!" Misty asked the group. "She's got a point!" Typhoon pointed out. "Typhoon- shut up!" Swift snapped. Annoyed, Hunter turned another corner to get away from the fight and avoid danger. "Where do you think we should head? I'm not having luck here!"

"Dark Side is definitely bigger than Mobius. I'm just not sure where we could start! I don't know where Night, our parents, or anyone else is! I'll think of something, just keep driving for now!" Blizzard instructed. As they kept driving, they could feel the ground vibrate or shake due to the collisions. "You better have some plan before we all die in this van!" Melany scolded him, only being able to stare out the front window. "I know! We will! Just chill out for once!" Blizzard cried.

Yet another turn later, they were about to drive down an alleyway trying to find something. Out of the blue something came out and scared them. It was someone waving their arms and shouting at them. "Hunter- HUNTER!" Ruby shouted. Hunter gripped the wheel tightly and slammed hard on the brakes. The van lightly tapped into the stranger in front of them, sending them to the ground. "Holy shit! Hunter!" Misty screamed. "I didn't know! They came out of nowhere!" he cried.

More came out from the other corners of the alleyway and were trying to meet up with the someone they crashed into. At first glance, they didn't recognize any of them. That's when Ruby squinted her eyes and noticed someone. "Pistol?" she questioned. Everyone turned to look at her. Those on the outside of the van began shouting at the group, trying to catch their attention. "Uh, we should probably deal with that." Melany noted. They got out of the van to see the one they crashed into was Hypno. He was now sitting up, shaking his head out. "Oh my gosh! Hypno are you good?" Envy asked her.

He mumbled something before falling back down. "Agh! Hypno! Get up!" she cried shaking him out. "Don't hurt him too badly! He's fine! Just let him catch his breath!" Nick scolded. Pistol recognized the others right away and snickered. "Well well, never thought we'd come across each other again. Nice to see that you made it back home in one piece. Still, this is all kinda your fault." he noted. "Okay! We get it! We're assholes! You don't have to keep reminding us!" Melany whined. Nick shrugged. "I say we call it even by now. Anyways, what are you doing here?" he questioned.

"We came to help! Mobius was struggling and we couldn't just let you do it alone!" Curd told them worriedly. Pistol gave the small boy a look. "Okay, no offense, but none of you are built to take on Eggman or any of Midnight's friends or herself. She's strong! Even when she's not thinking about it. Unfortunately, my grandpa used that against us. He wants Midnight and the others to take over everything... He's my old-old man! I know I can't treat him as a normal person! We let him walk, he'll ruin everyone's lives!"

"Nick, he's already walking and ruining everything. What else is he gonna do?!" Pistol retorted. "Hey! Okay! Maybe so! But you're missing the point! He's dangerous!" Nick snapped back. "Stop arguing!" Envy shouted at them. Hypno sat up, trying to say something before falling backward again. "Look, we're not here to make things worse, I can promise you that. We just want to help! Midnight and the others are clearly in trouble of some sort and we need to do something other than just standing here!" Blizzard ranted as he became frustrated.