Chapter 9

Eventually, they arrived at the shop that smelled of vanilla and sugar. Each one was served with the treat, Smoke immediately shoved his whole face in. "Um... we have spoons for that if it helps!" Misty told him. He growled at her though and continued to eat it like a rabid dog. "Just let him. He doesn't care about manners." Fade sighed as she put a spoonful on the froyo in her mouth. Once done, he threw away the cup and used a napkin to wipe it away.

"Damn that was good!" he sighed, patting his stomach. "What, you've never had it before?" Sunny questioned. "Well no. None of us have. We don't get nice things in Dark Side." Diamond replied. "Dark Side?" Ruby asked. "It's the name of our home. The best place we could ever call home!" she added before twirling around the room. "Ohhhhh so that's the name of the town? We've always called it gloomy!" Typhoon replied curiously. "Gloomy? Where's the fun in that?" Mystic asked. "Besides, it's not that miserable. You just have to know where to look." Fade chimed.

Nothing made sense. Why would they want to be this bad and live in such a place? After all, they were used to higher standards. "What's so special about "Dark Side" anyway?"

"Well, there's the skating rink, the skateboard park, boutiques with a great taste in fashion, a bunch of bakeries, no one telling you what to do, a lot of places to vandalize, graffiti-" Smoke said, using his fingers to count all the different things. "No "schools", weapons, the smell of cigarettes in every direction," Fade went on. "Jewelry, my skates, our broken down spa that somehow is still functional and productive," Diamond added. "The fact we don't have to worry about others coming for us, it's always dark, and tons of friends," Mystic explained. "And then... our parents. I can't disagree that I have the best dad in the world. We all have great parents! Despite... everything about that town!" Midnight finished, all her friends coming in getting a group hug.

Now was probably the worst time to ask, but Ruby knew her parents should figure it out soon for the sake of the Chaos Emeralds. "So, if it was so great over there... why'd you leave?"

For a minute, all five were quiet, once again looking at Midnight. "Why do you care? Are you gonna snitch to your mommy?" she snapped, already suspecting Ruby's intentions.

Realized she was caught, Ruby bit her tongue and looked away. None of them said anything more as all five become somewhat more hostile. That's when Midnight motioned for her friends to come to her side. They were confused but knew better than question her like that. "I've got a feeling they don't know anything about us. You know... we should just show them who we are!" she sneered. All five of them smiled knowing what she was talking about. "Sometimes we're glad you're the daughter of such a badass!" Diamond chuckled, putting her hands on Midnight's shoulders. They turned around to their guides and motioned them to follow them outside into the streets in the city.

"So, you wanna know all about us huh?" Midnight asked cunningly. She snapped her fingers to Mystic who handed her some spray paint. "Honestly, you should've known this by now!"

She used her powers and the spray paint and left a huge DSF on the side of the wall. The good group tried to get her to stop but she frightened them and they stepped back.

Before I get into this... I just wanna leave a small disclaimer. This is in NO WAY to shadow, over project, or anything negative for the original version with Cameron Boyce. I LOVED the Descendants films when I was a kid and Rotten To The Core was always one of my favorite songs. But ever since I started making this fanfic, I started to realize how I was starting to base more things from the actual Descendants itself. And when I realized that I wanted to use one of the songs for this fanfic, I realized how some of the readers from this platform might take it. The loss of Cameron Boyce left a major impact on the world. I NEVER want anyone to feel like I didn't care about this loss or that I was using the song/music video clip for my own personal gain. Therefore I left this disclaimer to tell everyone that I respect the loss and that only the original will ever be the best. Rest In Peace Cameron. You're in our hearts forever. 

Midnight

They say I'm trouble
They say I'm bad
They say I'm evil *jumps away from them*
And that makes me glad

Mystic
A dirty no-good
Down to the bone
"Your worst nightmare"
Can't take me home! *laughs and runs off*

Diamond
So I've got some mischief
In my blood *smirks and leans on Fade's back*
Fade
Can you blame me
I never got no love!

Smoke
They think I'm callous
A low-life hood
I feel so useless
Misunderstood!!

All five begin to run off resulting in the others having to chase after them.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the baddest of them all?
Welcome to my wicked world, wicked world!

All five continue to run off to a park where there's a bunch of people just sitting there. This made them smile evilly as they realized what they could do.

I'm rotten to the core, core
Rotten to the core
I'm rotten to the core, core
Who could ask for more
*They begin to trash the park where everyone was trying to play or relax*
I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door
I'm rotten to the, I'm rotten to the
I'm rotten to the core
*Everyone glares at the kids who were supposed to be keeping an eye on them which causes them to smile nervously. The five end up on another side of town*

Midnight
Call me a schemer?
Call me a freak!?
*spraypaints a car with DSF*
How can you say that,
I'm just- unique!

Mystic
What, me a traitor?
*grabs a citizens wallet*
Ain't got your back?
Are we not friends?
What's up with that?!*flicks his tail in the citizen's face*

Diamond
So I'm a misfit!
So I'm a flirt! *blinks eyes at a random group of boys*
Fade
I broke ya heart!
I made ya hurt!
*steals the boys' wallets and runs off with Diamond at her side*

Smoke
The past is past!
Forgive, forget!
*uses his powers to break a fire hydrant and allows water to fall on the nearby citizens*
The truth is...
You ain't seen nothing yet!
*hops onto a moving bus and hangs onto the rail as others yell at him*

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the baddest of them all?
Welcome to my wicked world, wicked world!!

Together they met up at one location where there were only a few others waiting around. Once they were seen, everyone began to run off and hide.

Just then they were flashed with memories of their old home. It gave them a sense of warmth and they began to dance on the pavement. The color in their fur beginning to glow more and more. Their eyes were brightly shining.

I'm rotten to the core, core
Rotten to the core
I'm rotten to the core, core
Who could ask for more?
I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door
I'm rotten to the, I'm rotten to the

I'm rotten to the core!

Once they were done, every citizen nearby kept ranting and coming at the five teens who had truly caused so much destruction. Midnight and the others laughed, coming to each others' side and putting their hands on Midnight's shoulders before teleporting away from the crowds of angry citizens. Now they were just left with the teens that were supposed to be keeping up with them. "What in the world-" Typhoon began before seeing all the destruction. One walked up to a vandalized wall covered in spray paint. "DSF?! What does that mean!" they asked panicked.

"Who are they!?" "Aren't they those creatures from that other town?!" "Why are they here?" "Are they a danger!!!"

Honestly, leaving them behind was probably the worst that's happened all day.