Chapter 18

Everyone stopped and looked back. "I'm sorry your Majesty! But these scoundrels- they are nothing like us! They were raised in havoc! Am I wrong to believe if they did it once they will do it again?!"

It was Gadget's father. Astro's grandpa.

"Oh god..." Astro cried as he ducked his head. Immediately, Gadget stood up and ran over to stop his father. "Dad! Cut it out!" he cried.

"NO! Someone has to say something about these rats! I mean how could the Council be okay with this! First off, this one!" he started, pointing to Fade. "Her father caused destruction in multiple universes! Plus he wanted to destroy everyone in this universe! It's a surprise we're all alive! He's more trouble than my hip surgery!" he snapped, Fade hung her head, then he turned to Diamond. "Second, her mother, a thief! Almost caused multiple catastrophes! She might as well be a curse! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone's wallets were missing after tonight!" he snapped. Diamond looked away, holding back tears. "Then him, his father tried destroying everyone on the Council! He even tried to destroy you, your Majesty! He has capabilities we don't even understand! He might as well be his father's assistant on trying to destroy us once more." he snapped again, referring to Smoke who stood there, his lips barely parted.

"Don't get me started on this one! His father! I mean let's be real! He didn't do much damage, but the damage he did cause! My son was almost killed! Our entire community, half of us were obliterated! This boy basically has the same powers, without a single stone!" he snapped again. Mystic tried his best to hold back his anger and allowed his powers to fade away.

Everyone was struck in awe as he said these things. Unfortunately, many were starting to see through his eyes and what he meant. It wasn't like he was wrong. Their parents really did all that stuff. Finally, his attention turned to Midnight.

"And you! YOU are the worse of the five of you! Why? Because... you have the same genes as your father! And we all know what he's done. I doubt we could ever be a community with someone like him! But I don't think you know what he's done." he growled. Midnight stared at him, eyes widened, scared. "Did you know, because of his creation, he got his best friend killed? And because of that, he tried to destroy the rest of our beings on Earth!? He helped a certain Dr. Eggman try to destroy this planet! Not only that, your father might as well created Mephiles! He almost killed our Queen! He destroyed a timeline of events! He got Counselor Sonic killed! He even forced Counselor Blaze to sacrifice herself! You're lucky they both managed to save themselves! He and Rouge have caused countless catastrophes things together! Not only that, your father helped with the creation of Infinite! He triggered his emotions to go overboard! If not for him, I would've never lost any of my family! But he had to go cause it all! He ruined all our lives! Along with him, he never stops to try and destroy us all! Especially Counselor Sonic! It's amazing how he's still on the team!" he yelled angrily.

Sonic and Blaze looked away in shame. Cream was in tears as Tails tried to comfort her. The rest of them shook their heads in disbelief. But the teens' significant others came over to try to give them support. "Hell... you're the spitting image of your father! You might as well be him! A good for nothing crook! Someone who doesn't make any change in life! HE JUST MAKES IT WORSE! He's a monster! Do you hear me? A MONSTER! Which... makes you one too." he growled. "Mr. Wolfe, that is enough! " Queen Elise snapped. "What?! You want me to lie to her?! You're nothing in this town! YOU HEAR ME!? You're just a long-life criminal who sold out in her own town! So why don't you go back to your town and stay there! You Monster!" he spat, pointing to the door.

On the verge of tears, Midnight clenched her teeth and tried to hold back whimpers. "Midnight, don't listen to them! It's not true!" Blizzard cried, trying to soothe her. "Just leave me alone!" she snapped, pushing him off her. She began to race towards the doors, her friends and boyfriend shouting her name. But she didn't listen. She pushed past crowds and people just to burst through the doors into the pouring rain. The limo driver happened to look up right then. "Madam Midnight! Are you alright!?" he cried panicked. "Just wait for my friends! Leave me alone!" she cried, continuing to run away.