Chapter 51

Scourge looked around his cell. The breakfast he had that morning was one of the best meals he had in years. Still, he didn't eat all of it to spite those who kept him prisoner. Alongside his plate, he had a knife that would've been used to cut the waffles he had been served. Looking around the area, he knew there had to have been an exit way to leave this place. Quickly he investigated the entire room, looking where every corner of his space was. Despite the bed being in one corner, he used his strength to push the bed aside.

There wasn't anything new to see. Scourge used the knife to pry off a tile in the ground until it completely came off. Peaking his eye through the small hole, it appeared to be a ventilation system hidden underneath the one spot. Using his knife again, he began prying back all the pieces. He continued this process until he heard footsteps from above get louder with every step taken.

To make sure he wasn't caught, he pushed the bed back, placed the knife back with the rest of the meal he left, then went back to his bed to make sure no one suspected anything.

"I'm telling you, your highness, this is pointless. He's already made it clear he won't talk to us. Maybe... we should just leave him alone."

"Look you don't know! Who knows, Scourge can be easily persuaded. I'm sure there's something he wants."

Scourge frowned hearing both Queen Elise and Blaze coming closer to his cell.

"I'm just saying, he won't budge unless we can bring back his daughter. This isn't possible with Mobius being completely shut off from Dark Side. We can't even touch the shield without being fried to death."

"Have they tried using the other Chaos Emeralds to pry it open?"

"Trust me, both Silver and Sonic have tried. Neither one of them has the strength to get the shield to crack. Let alone get it to fall apart completely. No one else has any type of capabilities like they do."

"Not having the same strength as they used to huh?"

"No, age will do that to you."

Scourge scoffed to himself as he lay there by himself. There was no way he was going to make any deal with them. But he never met Queen Elise from Mobius. Nor did he want to. The cell door buzzed like it did yesterday and the Queen and Blaze entered his space. He sat up from his bed as if he didn't know that they were coming. "Hello, Scourge. How are you feeling today?" Elise asked him. Scourge groaned, flopping back onto his bed. "I already told you that I don't want to talk to any of you." he growled.

Elise sighed. She looked over at Blaze who felt agitated by this. "This is the Queen of Mobius you're talking to. The least you can do is show a little respect." Scourge stood up annoyed and walked over to the girls who stared at him confused. "I'm sorry," Scourge began and bowed, pulling at the sides of his pants, mockingly bowing to Elise. "Your highness." he hissed. "I said Queen!" Blaze shouted at him. "Please, Blaze, enough! We're not going to sort anything out if you all keep acting childish, we'll never get anything done!"

Both of them lowered their ears in surprise but they settled down and looked over at Elise. She took a deep breath trying not to lose her own temper. "Clearly we have issues that need to be addressed. Scourge... I know you must be hurt. I know to you, we're your worst enemies. But I don't want our lives to continue this way. I want to make amends. Can we at least get someone to talk to you for a little bit?" Elise asked him intently. For some reason, Scourge's eyes softened as he heard those words.

The green hedgehog sat down in his chair and sighed. "If it'll make you leave me alone for a while, then yes. Though it won't give me what I really want." he scoffed. Elise nodded her head and handed Scourge a clipboard. "We'll leave you alone for now... but in the meantime, fill this out and give it to the guard when you're finished." Blaze instructed. Scourge snatched the clipboard out of her hand and stared at her coldly. The duo walked out of his cell to return to their daily duties in the town.

Muttering under his breath, Scourge slumped into his seat while turning around to face the desk he had in his cell. The clipboard had a list of different names that he could choose from. I don't need a goddamn therapist. He told himself as he threw the clipboard to the corner. Heading to bed, he fell into it face-first. Despite having nothing to do, Scourge looked up at the ceiling thinking about everything that has happened to him so far. Mobius had always looked so different from Dark Side's view. It was much smaller even in person.

Honestly, it was different than he had ever expected. It's still the worst place I've ever been to. I mean why am I even here? I owe them nothing as far as I'm concerned. I just wanted to give Fade a better home... Was that so much to ask? Oh, who the hell cares anymore?! It's all over at this point that I'm here forever until I rot into nothing. But not for long. I've got a cheap way out. It'll take forever but I'm going to get out whether those Mobians like it or not.

Scourge looked around his cell for anything else that might've been sharp. The guards had already taken his dishes and silverware from earlier so there was nothing he could do about it. There was nothing else at the moment so he'd have to wait until his next meal came through. And that would take too long for him. There was no way he was getting out any time soon.