Chapter 56

Reaper arrived in the center of Mobius, his little wings buzzing as he flew in every direction. He went down alleyways, into stores, and around parks. Nobody noticed such a little creature that went all across back and forth town. After some exploring, he managed to find the place where they kept Scourge, Infinite, and Mephiles in containment along with the others aside from Shadow. He knew he had to find a way inside seeing the guards going inside using a key card. For a few minutes, he observed what they did, seeing their movements.

When another group came by, he took the chance to hitch a ride on one of their backs as they entered the facility. The three guards that walked inside went straight up to security to get checked in. Reaper flew away to a corner watching them get scanned by other security guards on the inside. "Coming in late today Manic?" one of them asked. "Yeah, sadly, I'm here on the half of Sonic. He was supposed to come in on Scourge's behalf but he didn't make it in time."

Reaper heard Scourge's name and recognized it. He knew what he had to do. "Welp, you're all clear to go! Good luck though honestly. From what I've heard so far about him, he's still a real pain in the ass." the guard replied. "And you think I can't handle it? Pft! You've really underestimated me." he chuckled. The two shared another quick laugh before heading inside for good. Reaper hung onto his leg while hiding underneath the hem of his pant legs. Manic and his two other companions walked down the hall closer and closer to get to Scourge's cell. He heard a buzz before the door opened happily. "Alright, Scourge, wake up." Manic huffed as they entered. Now that they were in the new space, Reaper scurried under the bed in the cell before anyone could sense he was there.

"Oh fuck off!" Scourge snapped as he pushed one of them away, knocking over a cup that was nearby. "Leave me alone you bastards! I don't want shit to do with any of you! Go before  I fuck up your face!" he shouted angrily. "Scourge, calm down, please. I don't want to have to use force against you. The worst we'll have to do is sedate you so please just cooperate with us!" Manic pleaded fearfully. "You ruined my life! Why the hell should I calm  down!??" Scourge replied. Reaper peaked out from underneath the bed. He watched as two of the guards held Scourge roughly while Manic inserted a needle into his arm. Manic pushed it just enough to get a tiny dose of the drug into his arm. It didn't knock him out but it did make him begin to feel drowsy. Scourge struggled to stand on his feet as he tried fighting against the others.

"Put him back. We'll come back when he's in a better mood. We can't have him in a rage every two minutes. I'll be back Scourge... I'm sorry this is how we're meeting up again." Manic told him and left the cell, making it buzz.

Eventually, Reaper found the courage to get out from under the bed. He peaked around before approaching Scourge who now laid on his bed with tears coming down his cheeks. When he hopped onto the bed, Reaper gently nudged the hedgehog. Scourge barely jumped and turned over to see what had touched him. He saw the small Chao flap his little wings. He sniffed while wiping away the stains on his face to see the small creature inside his cell. "What?" he whispered as he cupped little Reaper inside his hands. It took him a minute to recognize the Chao that settled in his hands. "Well I'll be..." he gasped. Reaper squeaked while jumping up and down, motioning to his necklace. Scourge lifted it up a bit to get a better glance. It was an emerald green gem attached to a white tie that hung around his neck loosely. "Oh my gosh... Oh my gosh! It's them isn't it?!" he gasped. Reaper nodded his head rapidly.

Despite the drugs making him numb, Scourge managed to get up before catching himself using the chair. He chucked and smiled, a tear forming in his eye. "Wow! To think I almost lost hope..." Reaper gave him a look to stay on track. "Oh right, you're probably looking for Shadow aren't you?" Reaper nodded his head slowly. "Don't worry I'm not offended. I'd want to find Shadow too if I were in this miserable town," Scourge then sat up on his bed and headed to the door of his cell. "You won't be able to get till morning tomorrow. But I can tell you this. Rouge is out there somewhere and she isn't locked up! I can promise you that much. Don't ask how I know that. When you're in here for so long you get used to hearing about new information on a regular basis. But I think she must be somewhere closer to wherever the hospitals in this area. She got a concussion before coming here and there has been no word around here ever since."

The young Chao stared at him confused but shrugged. "I'll never understand how she's not here. But the only reason I know she's not here is that I would've heard complaints from everyone in the place. Except I haven't so I know she's out there somewhere! Do you think you can find her?" Scourge questioned one more time. Reaper reassured him he understood by nodding his head quickly. "Alright, well, we better get some rest. You've got a whole mission to do tomorrow if we want a chance of getting out of here. If you don't mind me asking, is everyone still alive over there?"

Once again he nodded his head while nuzzling his hurt leader who sat alone in Mobius with little support. Scourge relaxed after receiving the slight warmth from the tiny being. He fell asleep while Reaper tried to stay awake. Only then did he realize just how lonely it was in this town without the ones he cared about.