Chapter 63

"CODE RED! WE HAVE A CODE RED!" Sonic heard the shouts from his watch sitting on his house's counter and picked it up. "Talk to me, Manic!" Sonic shouted frantically while heading towards the balcony. That's when he didn't need Manic to tell him anything. He saw the robots destroying everything in their town. "Agh... I knew they would try something..." he sighed. He pressed a button on his watch that alerted everyone in the Council. "Everyone! Get to the center of town! NOW!"

In response to the message, all the Mobian forces gathered to beat up the giant robots. Amy and Blaze were the first on the scene. There were so many that they couldn't count. "I got this half, you start over there!" Blaze instructed her. "You got it!" Amy shouted before running towards the robots. She lifted her giant hammer and jumped up to land a strike. But the minute her hammer made contact with it, the force of it stopped it from doing anything. Instead, it sent Amy crying out while flying backward and onto the ground. Amy recovered and stood up. "What the-" She didn't have time to react before another robot tried stabbing her with one of its sharp metal pieces.

Blaze meanwhile tried using her fire to burn them to smaller bits. She used a lot of her core energy to take down a whole fleet. When the flames and smoke disappeared from her view, the robots still stood there. "What?! How?!" she exclaimed.

Another set of robots smashed other property. A building that had crumbled began to fall down. Blaze didn't have time to react seeing the pieces fall. She covered her head in defense. Thankfully, Sonic got there in time and got her away from the rubble. He stopped and together they stood on a street corner. "You okay?" he asked. "Thanks to you!" Amy then managed to meet up with them. "What are we dealing with so far?" Sonic asked. "We're not even sure what it is! I can't destroy them with my hammer! It's like they've gotten stronger than the last time we faced them!" Amy cried.

As the fleet approached them, Sonic jumped up to start a series of spin dashes. After hitting another robot, he felt one of them counter-attacked by sending him off into the distance. He slammed into a brick wall. Knuckles and Tails came to his aid, helping him off the ground. "Are you okay?" Tails asked him, helping Sonic keep himself up. "I'm fine... But those robots aren't normal..." The rest of their team showed up and saw the fleet approaching them. "Agh! You gotta be kidding! Eggman hasn't launched an attack since he left town! What the hell has changed?!" Knuckles snapped. Sonic looked over the robots and saw the shield still shimmering in their view. "He must be under new orders. It doesn't matter though! We must find a way to stop them before they destroy everything and everyone! Tails, I need more information other than what I can see!" Sonic ordered. "You got it! I'm going up!" he replied, flying upwards with one of his devices.

"Knuckles, you and I have to attack from the front with anyone who's willing to fight! Tails needs us to buy him time!" Knuckles nodded his head, bashing his fists against each other. "Whisper, Gadget, Sally, Tangle, I need you to get everyone out of harm's way! Who knows what these new machines are capable of? I need the citizens of Mobius to be safe!" Sally saluted him before they ran off. "Everyone else, we fight our way through this fleet! We've got something to fight for so let's get to it!"

Everyone saluted him as they headed into the fight where they tried taking down several robots. Yet just as Amy and Blaze had proved, these did not go down easily. Espio threw one of his shurikens at a robot and it bounced off like a rubber ball. One of them took him to the ground, pinning him down roughly. Vector did everything he could to get the robot off of him but it proved that even these ones were stronger than expected.

Any weapons or powers they used didn't work against the machines. Whisper, Gadget, Sally, and Tangle couldn't do much to stop them either. The only that mattered to them at the moment was getting the citizens to safety. Meanwhile, anyone that was there from Dark Side only scanned the area. Jet rubbed the back of his neck and looked at them. "Should we do something?" he asked.