Chapter 70

Blizzard and Ruby had no choice but to return to the Council's main office with Ivy and Reaper with them. Immediately as they pulled in, their parents came out. Lightning raced past all of them and was overjoyed to see Ivy race out to her side. "Mama!" she cheered, running up to her. Lightning couldn't even speak as she embraced her daughter in her arms tightly. "Oh my gosh..."

The others were smiling seeing them so happy. Lightning put her down on the ground and took a good look at her. "Where have you been? Where's Mystic?" she asked worriedly. "Back home... Uncle Mysty is back home... I'm scared!" she cried. Lightning's ears flattened and glanced over at the others wondering what to do. "W... Why? What's going on? Is Mystic hurt?" Ivy shook her head. "No..."

Shadow turned to Reaper who flew over to his side. He held out one hand to hold the Chao in his hand. "What's going on?" Reaper showed them his necklace, projecting the events that unfolded back in their home. Shadow almost gasped seeing his daughter's eyes bright green from the curse put on by Eggman. "That bastard. He's using our damn kids!" he snapped, turning to Rouge, Scourge, Infinite, and Mephiles. "That Chaos Emerald I gave them, he's using its power against them!" he snapped. All of them snarled. "That son of a bitch is going to pay." Rouge huffed. "What the hell does he want from them!? We've got nothing worth fighting for anymore!" Scourge snapped.

"Yeah, well, they don't know that. As far as we know, this could've been anyone's idea and now Eggman's decided to take over. Either way, I'm killing the man whenever I get the chance." Mephiles growled. "How?! There's a barrier blocking our way into that town! There's no way we'll be able to get there without being completely melted! I mean you saw that! Even Shadow can't break it!" Infinite ranted. Shadow turned to Sonic who couldn't believe what they had learned. "We've gotta do something." they said at the same time. They smirked briefly and thought about what they could do. "I'm not sure what we can do. There's very little we can do at this point. Neither of us is as strong as we used to be. And both of us together can't break that thing." Shadow replied.

"Yeah, I don't know. I definitely don't think I could do that on my own. Could the two of us do it together?" Sonic questioned. "Hardly. At least not alone. We'd need the Chaos Emeralds. Not to mention it might be too hard on the two of us. Doing anything with those things alone nowadays is a huge risk to us. We'd need..." Shadow then trailed off, trying to come up with something. Sonic's ears then raised slightly. He turned to Blizzard who still stood alongside Ivy and Ruby. "Blizzard!" he shouted. Blizzard turned to see him. "How's your dad doing?" he asked.

Blizzard sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Better... But he's not a hundred percent." he sighed. Sonic and Shadow shrugged. "Can we see him?" Not having any other options, Blizzard nodded.

...

Silver sat up in his bed while making smaller items fly around the room. He wasn't even there long and he was already bored. Just as he changed the channel on the tv again, he heard footsteps coming down the hall. Great, another round of lights in my eyes... He stretched out only to be surprised by Sonic, Shadow, and Mephiles walking inside with Blizzard leading them into his room. "Woah... I must be hallucinating. Sonic and Shadow are in the same place and their not fighting... That's a first."

"I'm just as surprised. Usually, I would've had to hold someone back by now." Mephiles noted. "Anyways- how are you feeling dad?" Blizzard questioned. "Sore if anything. I feel a lot better! So much better. I could really just get up and walk out. I hate it here. Please! Get me out!" Silver whined. "Dad, relax. I'm sure they'll let you out soon. But, if anything they need you out of here already... Apparently Dark Side's in danger..." he replied. Silver gave a worried look before turning to the others. "Trust me, we don't like it either," Shadow replied.