Chapter 10

While the group was trying to look for the five chaotic teens, the Council was looking around for the Chaos Emeralds that were still lost. "Have you found anything Knucks?" Sonic asked. "Nope, I've barely sensed anything. But they have to be here somewhere." the red echidna replied. "I just don't get it! If they actually did steal them, those Emeralds should be nearby!" Tails exclaimed. "Maybe they hid them? I mean you did see just how skilled they were." Blaze replied.

Knuckles suddenly felt a jolt of energy as his eyes turned completely white. Worried about him, Sonic put a hand on his shoulder. "Knucks? Are you okay?" he asked again. Knuckles nodded his head and acted as if there was something was in front of them. "Hey! Wait!" Knuckles shouted, running towards something that wasn't in the view of his friends.

It was almost like he was chasing a ghost. "Knuckles wait!" Amy cried. All of them chased after him as he tripped and fell to the ground.

In Knuckles' view, he saw a pitch-black hedgehog with a white splotch over her eye. She was running away from him. "Wait! Slow down!" he cried, trying to catch up to the hedgehog who seemed to take somewhat of a liking to the echidna. "Please... don't hurt them... especially her... she's all he has..." she said. "W-What? Who? What's your name? What's wrong?!" he cried. The hedgehog still didn't say anything as she kept running from him. "Wait! Stop!" Knuckles shouted one last time. But before he knew it, something slammed into him, throwing him backward. Suddenly, the vision he saw disappeared and he was face to face with his friends.

"Dude! What happened!" Charmy cried, helping his friend up. "Ugh... I'm not sure. I saw something... or perhaps... someone." he said. "Who?" Sonic asked. "It was hard to tell. Almost reminded me of one of the kids with us. What are we going to do?" he replied, concerned for those kids. No one said anything. No one knew what they could do.

But one thing was certain... they knew they couldn't let the kids go back to Dark Side. "C'mon, let's go pick them up." Blaze sighed, helping up the echidna. As they walked away, they heard some of their citizens yelling as their kids ran from garbage flying right at them. "Oh gosh..." Amy sighed. "I'll check it out! "Silver reassured as he flew over to the sight and stopped the crowd in their tracks. "Dad! Oh, thank goodness!" Blizzard gasped as he fell forward onto the ground.

After helping him up, Silver walked over to the crowd. "Uh, anyone want to explain why my child and the leaders of the councils' children are being harassed?" he asked. At first, no one said anything to him. But one approached him with a bad attitude. "Well, if they're your kids, they don't take well to you and the others!" the guy snarled. "Why do you say that?"

He approached Silver with anger and frowned. "They released those pack rats, savages, into our town! Our home is a wreck! Why would you let someone like them into this town!" he snapped.

"Look, we're sorry Mr. Wolfe, there's so much going on but we'll get it sorted out!" Silver reassured. That's when someone raced through the crowd. "Grandpa! Grandpa! Oh gosh. Sorry, Counselor Silver! I hope he didn't say too much!" the orange and tan fox cried. "Agh! Son, you don't understand half of these problems!" the elderly wolf snapped. "Anyway, where's your father?" he asked annoyed. "Uh, over there trying to deal with some teens messing around aunt Whisper's daycare." he replied.

After one more growl, the elderly wolf turned away. "Bye Mr. "Counselor!" the elder snapped as he ran off. Silver chuckled nervously and then looked to the kids. "Okay... what happened?" he asked somewhat annoyed. "Heh heh! We uh... got tied up in the middle of things. Suddenly they just... well, you can take a guess." he sighed, pointing to the destruction behind them.

Silver's eyes widened as he saw all the chaos being ensued in their town. Five teens really caused this much trouble? I can't be too surprised, they live in that town. Finally, after a minute of standing there in the street, Silver rubbed his head and looked around.