Chapter 7

Back in Dark Side, the five powerful leaders had gathered at Shadow's house to discuss things about their kids. "It's been too long Shadow. Don't you think we should do something?" Mephiles asked curiously. "No. I trust Midnight to get the job done. We have to give them a chance to do something." Shadow snapped. "Well, it's shame you put your daughter in charge. Who knows if she can get the job done." Infinite sighed.

"Oh Infinite, please! We all know your son couldn't get it done right no matter how badly he wanted to impress you!" Rouge snickered as she filed her nails. "At least my child's not wasting away with self-image!" Infinite snapped. Rouge gasped offended and stood up face to face with the jackal. "How dare you! My daughter is wonderful the way she is! And for the record! She's not self-absorbed like green bean over here!" Rouge snapped.

Scrouge ears perked up and he walked over to the three. "Hey! Don't talk smack about me! My daughter exceeds the limits! She's the worse of the bunch!" he declared proudly. "Sure Scrouge. Keep telling yourself that." Mephiles sighed, rolling his eyes. "Why you little-" Scrouge began.

"ENOUGH! All of you!" Shadow shouted angrily. After everyone quieted down, he rubbed his face before addressing all of them. "We're not here to argue. We're the leaders of this town. We've gotta make our point across." Shadow explained. "I don't want to have to strangle every single one of you just to make a home! Look... we need to decide what we're going to fix first once we get an Emerald. Or even Emeralds. We have a point to make to that other town. That we're better than them!" Shadow declared.

The rest chuckled and smiled. They wanted this just as much as Shadow did. Everything about their old, beaten down, broken home. Despite them being brutal and nasty to one another, they wanted to improve things for their future. But they were going to have to wait for the return of their kids before they do anything. Who knew how long it would be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a sunny morning when all five were still asleep in their dorm. They were all peaceful sleeping in bed when there was a sudden knock on the door. Annoyed, they rolled over or hid under the pillows to shut out the noise.

"Hey! Wake up!" a voice shouted, the knocking only getting more aggressive.

After a few more knocks and Midnight finally got up, stomping all the way to the door. She yanked the door open, her quills still a mess. "WHAT?!" she shouted angrily. There at the door were Cream, Tails, Sonic, and their kids. "Ah good, you're awake!" Tails said casually. "Well, now we are!" Fade growled. "Well, hurry up and get dressed! We're taking you all downtown today!" Cream chimed.

All five growled and looked at them angrily. "You... woke us up... to go into town?!" Smoke growled. "Yes we did! Now c'mon! It's too nice of a day to sleep in!" Sonic replied.

Eventually everyone was ready and headed to the limo that was prepared to take them off into another direction. While Cream, Tails, and Sonic were talking, the rest of them were sitting apart from each other. "Do you see them?" Sunny whispered to Curd and Typhoon. "Of course I do, they're sitting right there." Curd replied casually. "No! She means do you see the evil sitting right there?!" Typhoon whispered. "You know we can hear you." Mystic replied.

Both Typhoon and Sunny freaked and pushed Curd in front of them. "I don't see why you're scared. They look nice to me!" Curd replied happily. "You think everyone looks nice Curd! You weren't there when stuff happened!" Typhoon cried. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Well, yesterday, the black and red one-" "Midnight." "M-Midnight dumped a whole thing of milk on Melany! MELANY! Can you believe it!" Sunny explained. "Well, Melany can be mean sometimes." Curd said, trying to see the bright side.

"B-But then at gym, the grayish-black one with the teal tints-" "It's Smoke you rat." "Yeah, he tripped me on the racecourse! Over asking him questions!" Typhoon explained. "Well... Maybe you scared him." Curd said. "Pft! He was annoying us that's what!" Smoke snickered. "Why are you guys so mean!" Sunny cried. "Because, why not?" Fade replied, looking at her like she should've known the answer.

At last the limo halted and everyone got out. "Okay, I'm going to look for those Chaos Emeralds, you guys gonna be okay?" Sonic asked Cream and Tails. "Don't worry! We'll be fine. We've got the others meeting us in a little bit. Just do your thing bro!" Tails reassured as Cream held onto his arm. "Okay! Call me if you need me!" he said, then sped off. Before they knew it, the others that were joining them arrived.

Espio and Vector had driven up in their car with Hunter, Finn, Hannah, and Misty as their passengers. Once out, Misty ran straight for Midnight. "BESTIE!" she cheered. Using her hand, Midnight stopped Misty in her tracks. "Sorry, I don't do hugs." Midnight said calmly. "Fair enough! Anyways, meet my friends!" she said pushing Midnight and the others. "The green chameleon is Hunter! The purple crocodile is Finn! And then the bee is-" Misty introduced.

"We've already met." Hannah snapped. Misty was surprised but looked at the five friends who were chuckling and laughing. "Oh. Okay! So that must mean you guys-" "They're not MY  friends! They dumped MILK all over my friend!" Hannah snapped again. "It was funny though you have to admit." Midnight chuckled. "Wait, they dumped milk on MELANY?!" Finn asked before laughing aloud.

"Finn, you better quiet down. Dad's gonna get mad at you." Hunter said to him calmly. "I-I know b-but- HAHAHAHHA!" Finn said, barely being able to laugh. "Finn please calm down." Espio replied. "S-Sorry sorry!" Once Finn had stopped laughing, Smoke walked over to Finn and gently elbowed him. "I like your sense of humor!" he whispered. "Oh really? I think so too." he chuckled.

For some reason, Smoke was taking some liking to the purple crocodile he just met. That's when another car pulled up. Blaze and Amy stepped out of their front seats while Blizzard, Ruby, and Melany hopped out of the others. "Hey, Amy! Blaze! It's good to see you guys!" Vector greeted as he walked up to them. "It's good to see you all! We're happy to be here!" Amy greeted. "Speak for yourself." Melany mumbled. Ruby bumped her in the arm and they kept walking. The adults pulled their children to the side and talked to them.

"Alright, so you guys, we need you guys to be good and keep an eye on those guys for us." Tails instructed. "Call us if you need anything and we'll be there!" Cream added. "We'll be fine! You guys go do whatever!" Ruby reassured them. After one more worrying glance at the teens, they headed back to their cars and slowly drove away.