Chapter 44

Silver managed to make it to the Council's place out of breath. His friends noticed immediately and rushed over to check on him. "Hey, Silv, you good?" Blaze asked concerned. Silver shook his head in response and could only point outside to the closest window. Confused and worried, everyone looked out to see the green shield outside. Gadget pulled out the telescope he kept at his side and viewed the area ahead.

There he saw the shield and he almost dropped his tool. Tails noticed and pulled out different devices of his own. "I'm pretty sure it's a Chaos Emerald. Can you confirm Knucks?" Tails told them as he looked at the red echidna. Knuckles closed his eyes and then looked at them gravely. He nodded his head solemnly. "Do you think we're in danger?" Charmy asked. "I doubt it. If they have a Chaos Emerald, they're too young to figure out how it works." Espio told them. Angrily, Sonic pushed things off his desk and ran his fingers through his quills.

Amy walked over and put her hands on his arms. "Calm down. Right now, we need to keep our heads straight. We've already made plans to check on their parents. We should do that right now." she told him softly. Sonic sighed and looked over at his friends. "Okay... we should go find out if our guests have any answers for us. Split up. I want to know if I have to fear for the safety of my son." Sonic instructed his friends.

Seeing the desperation in his eyes, they nodded and gathered stuff to head out. Sonic sighed as Tails approached him. "We'll figure it out. I'm sure we can." his two-tailed friend promised. Sonic smiled warmly at his best friend. "As long as I've got you on my side, I think I'll be fine." Both of them finally were ready and everyone headed out.

...

In a cell, Scourge traced his fingers across the scars that were on his lower body. A nervous habit of his. Being in Mobius brought him back so many painful memories that he once hid in the back of his mind. The images of Fade and Hypno appeared as he fell back into his small bed in the cell. When Hypno was first born and how he was in the hospital with Fleetaway for the first few days of his existence with Fade by their side. Tears barely formed in his eyes and allowed for one tear to fall down his left cheek as he remember the way their fur smelled on the happiest day of his life. He turned over on his side to stare at the wall trying to forget it all.

So when the buzz to his cell went off, he was in no mood to see anyone. "Prisoner. You have guests. Get up." Scourge hissed and refused to move. "Why you little-" the guard began. "It's okay. We'll be fine in here." a voice reassured. Scourge recognized the voice and his ears barely swiveled. The guard left the cell to stand outside. Blaze and Amy exchanged a look wondering what Scourge would do. Approaching him, Scourge peeked over to see what was going on.

Neither one spoke. Blaze got bored and cleared her throat. "Listen. I know we're the last ones you'd ever want to see. But we have questions. And... we think you could help us understand."

They still didn't get a response. Amy was somewhat annoyed and approached him. "We don't have time for this! C'mon, just get up!" Amy snapped. Scourge was now pushed to his limit and jumped up out of bed. "Shut up. Shut the fuck up you pink shit. I don't have to do anything for you! Maybe if you guys weren't so self-centered and assuming things from us, you'd actually have a case for yourself! Get out! I don't have it in me to talk to either of you!" he snapped and then turned around, his back facing the two of them.

Amy was surprised but Blaze was fuming. She stormed over to Scourge and pushed him up against the wall. "Don't talk to her like that! What's your problem?!" she hissed, getting in his face. Scourge laughed while watching the girls getting angry. "Now you know I feel when you took everything away from me." he said calmly, staring at them with his cold icy blue eyes. Blaze and Amy stopped. Blaze let him go, letting him fall back on a chair behind him.

"You both might as well leave right now. I'm not saying anything. I don't care what it is. If you're in danger, well now you know the feeling." he sneered. The girls exchanged a look before heading out of the cell. Once out, the guard locked up the cell and went back to his post. Amy and Blaze were left feeling discouraged from the whole ordeal. "I guess we'll just have to wait to see what everyone else has to say..." Blaze sighed. Amy held onto her wife's arm and they headed out.

...

Infinite growled and grunted angrily trying to pull on the chains that wrapped around his hands and wrists. His powers were being neutralized by the cuffs attached to the chains and the cell prevented any of his other powers from working too. He strained so hard on his wrists to try to break free. The only places he could walk to were to his bed, a table in front of him that had a chair, and he could barely make it to where he could peak out the door.

If anything he didn't want to be trapped in one little corner. His powers, despite being so strong, his powers had weakened over the years. Still, it didn't stop him from trying to break free. They didn't loosen obviously. Infinite attempted to get them to budge just a little. But all it did was hurt his wrists more than the last time. He looked down and saw that the chains were now locking in place, causing him to stand or sit near his bed.

Growling once more,  he sat down on the ground, only able to see the outline of his paws and claws. His cell door buzzed which made him look to the side wondering who was there. Enter Gadget, Whisper, and Sally. They walked inside calmly and coolly looking at the black and white Jackal who sat there angrily with a death glare.

"What do you want?" he snarled angrily. They walked towards him to get closer. Gadget took a deep breath and approached his enemy. He got down with some caution and showed him a picture that they took of Dark Side from a distance. Infinite looked at it carefully wondering why he was being shown this. "This is what we saw this morning when we met up. Clearly, we missed a Chaos Emerald when we gathered you up. So what are we looking at exactly?" he asked.

Looking at the picture again, Infinite shrugged. "I wouldn't know. I've been trapped in here this entire time. I mean, you of all my enemies should know that." Infinite huffed as he then looked away. "I know you've been here the whole time. Just cut the attitude and tell us if you know anything!" Gadget snapped. Infinite got up in his face with a snarl. "No. I don't. Are we done now?" Seeing that they were getting nowhere, Whisper pushed Gadget out of the way. "If you're hiding something that puts their kids in danger I swear to God Infinite!" she threatened.

Not fazed by her threats and demeanor, he sneered. "But you're not worried about your own daughter?" he asked with the same tone. Suddenly, her expression changed. "Oh hell, you're own granddaughter. What a fool." he huffed. He then looked at all three of his enemies in the cell. "At least my kids don't hate me." he added before motioning them away. "I've had it with bending backward for others who've been trying to destroy me my whole life. Scram. I've got nothing else to say to any of you."

Sally put her hands on both her friend's shoulders getting them to follow her out. They left feeling discouraged. At this rate, they weren't having any success.