Chapter 34

It was now in the afternoon and Midnight was sitting in front of the mirror as Diamond and Reaper helped to do her hair. This time they put her quills in a beautiful bun wrapped together tightly. Now they were trying to find put the barrette back in her quills. "Oh, Midnight! You're beautiful!" Diamond squealed. Reaper chuckled gently placing it in the bun. "Hush Diamond. I just want to look good enough for tonight!" Midnight sighed. "I know but I just my best friend to look her best! Besides, I have to practice if I'm going to do your quills on your big day!"

Midnight's cheeks turned red thinking about getting married. "Uh-huh! Just because I love Blizzard doesn't mean I'm ready for that!" she cried. "Alright well, I think I'm done!" she smiled.

The three of them admired themselves in the mirror. "I'm so proud of us!" Midnight squealed. "Are we allowed to come inside to see her?!" Fade shouted back. "OH! Yeah, come in!" Diamond shouted back. The others walked inside the room and walked in and gasped seeing Midnight in her dress and hair. "Midnight you look stunning girl!" Smoke cheered. "You're gonna make them drop dead." Mystic chuckled.

"Honestly after the last time, you wore a dress I didn't think I'd get to see another! I think this one suits Dark Side vibes better!" Fade said. "Where's everyone else? I want Misty and Blizzard to see!" Midnight asked. Reaper snickered and went off to find them.

The others were sitting outside and waiting to be told what to do. He yanked on Misty and Blizzard who followed him back. "Wait! Reaper, make sure only Misty comes in first!" Midnight told him. Misty held up a finger to Blizzard telling him to wait. Reaper guarded the entrance waiting to hear back. "Oh wow! This is so beautiful! I didn't know you guys had anything that topped Mobius fashion! Dude this is amazing!" Misty said happily. "Thank you! I'm still... getting used to the idea!" Midnight chuckled.

She then whispered a few things and everyone suddenly rushed outside. They gathered in front of Blizzard who was confused by what was happening. "Good day Sir. Hedgehog! We present to you, your future Queen!" Smoke announced and motioned to the door. They all bowed and told Blizzard to walk through the door. His eyes widened seeing her in her long ball gown dress. "Oh my gosh... Midnight..." he gasped.

"Heh... Do you like it? It's not too much is it?" she asked him worriedly. "Night... I love it!" he said coming close. "Blizzard, I want you to be honest... Do you really want to stay here?" she asked him worriedly. "Night I promise! It's nothing like home. In fact, I'm starting to warm up to it! I don't lie Midnight. Especially not to you." he said. Midnight smiled and got down to give him a kiss on his cheek. "I love you so much! Now I hope you and the others are getting ready because I'll feel more ready if you guys are!" she told him. "Don't worry! We will be! I'm going to give you space to prepare yourself! You're going to do great!" Blizzard said.

Midnight smiled and smoothed out her dress. "I'm not one hundred percent sure about what will happen next for your ceremony, but don't freak out. I have all my faith in you!" Midnight giggled and ushered him out. "Alright, now go get ready with the others! I need Reaper back, but I need some time to reflect before the ceremony..." she told him. Blizzard nodded and left the room. Soon Reaper came back and snickered as he sat on her shoulder.

"Alright alright! Don't worry. You get to be with me every step of the way. I didn't think the day would come today. I thought I'd have to wait a few years for the actual ceremony. Do you think I could make a good Queen Reaper?" she asked her Chao companion. Reaper chewed and nuzzled her gently. "Aw, thank you! To think I thought you were all evil." Midnight snickered. Reaper barely scowled before showing off his point teeth in a grin.

"Maybe I should reconsider you being my future assistant." Midnight teased. Reaper then gave her his version of the puppy eyes making Midnight laugh. "Relax! I'm just kidding!" she reassured. Looking over at the clock not far from where she was standing, she knew she had to head to the carriage in order to be transported to the main location. Thankfully, the carriage wouldn't make any stops that would distract her from being nervous for some time.

One more deep breath. "Okay, let's go." With that, they headed out.

....

Together the two rode throughout the town in a carriage with only three guards looking after her. The others were already there waiting for her arrival. As they traveled, everyone else around them began cheering and clapping. Still nervous, Midnight reached back and unclipped her little barrette and fiddled with it. This is it. It's going to be official after tonight. Either way, I'll be happy. Everything I need is here.

Reaper nuzzled her gently and rested on her shoulder as she gently rubbed his head with her finger. "I've got you. If not for the others, I wouldn't have you. But to be honest, you're one of the only ones whose eager enough to hear what's on my mind. Besides Blizzard of course." she sighed. Eventually, her little companion fell asleep and she was left to be in her own thoughts as they rode off in the carriage together.

"I'll make you proud mom. I want to lead Dark Side like you would want me to."