Twenty-Six

"Are you sure you feel good enough to perform tonight?" I asked Luke as we were sitting in the dressing room of the venue. We both felt significantly better compared to the day before, but I knew that I still wasn't back to one-hundred percent and I had a feeling he wasn't either.

"I'll be fine, I promise," he said as he popped his earpiece into his ear to make sure he could hear the music that was running through it.

"Okay, just please don't overwork yourself," I whispered as I ran my hands down his arms before  wrapping them around his waist.

He kissed the top of my head, "I won't." I sighed before releasing him and letting him leave the dressing room to head to the stage.

I then grabbed a Gatorade from my bag and headed out the door in the direction Luke had run off to as well. I met up with Crystal about halfway to the stage and we walked the whole way together.

"I can't believe he is actually going to do a whole show," I sighed in disbelief, taking a sip of my drink

"Well, that's Luke Hemmings for you, getting himself way in over his head sometimes," Crystal told me and she wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

"I just want him to be safe."

"He'll be fine, Addy, now let's sit down and enjoy the show," She said and she plopped down in one of the seats that was tucked backstage out of view of the audience, but still having full view of the band on stage.

"WHAT'S UP EVERYONE!" Luke yelled into his mic, indicating the show was starting. I knew the set list by heart, so I knew they started off with Teeth because it always got the crowd excited and pumped up for the rest of the concert.

The concert ran smoothly for the first half and the boys stopped to take a water break and talk to the audience about the next song they were going to play. I watched as Luke picked up his water bottle and shook it, indicating it was empty.

I looked at him and mouthed, "You good?"

He mouthed back, "Can you get me a Gatorade?" Pointing at the Gatorade bottle in my hand. I nodded and found the drink cooler before running to the side of the stage, where Luke met me to grab it.

"Thank you love," He smiled, resting his hands on my hips before giving me a kiss.

"You're welcome. You feeling alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'll make it through. How about you, are you feeling better?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, it's nice to be able to just sit down. I don't know if I'd be able to do it if I was trying to perform right now." I gave him one last kiss before releasing him to go back to center stage.

"Do you want to stay here and watch, or head back to the dressing rooms?" Crystal asked me.

"Let's head back," I answered, grabbing my drink off the ground.

"Hey now that we're getting out of all this lockdown stuff, are you and Luke going to have a wedding celebration?" Crystal asked me as she shut the door to the room.

"We haven't talked about it that much, but I'm thinking it will probably be better if we do it for our one year anniversary at this point," I told her.

"Then you could do like a cute vow renewal thing since you two don't really know what you said at your wedding," she suggested, sitting down on one of the couches.

I laughed, "I would definitely like that, we definitely know each other a lot better now and I have so many things I wish I could have said in our vows that I have truly come to love about him."

"Well if you need any help planning this celebration, let me know. I know some wedding planners that would do an amazing job,"

"That would be a huge help, I'm good at decorating, but not necessarily good at party planning," I informed her.

"Decorating is the fun part, we can leave the boring stuff to everyone else," she winked.

"That is very true," I agreed, pulling out my phone to check the time, when I noticed a significant increase in the number of tweets I was being tagged in.

I opened the Twitter app, and noticed not only was I being tagged in stuff, but Luke was too and Luke and Adalyn Hemmings was trending.

"Shit, what did we do this time?" I mumbled to my phone screen.

"What do you you mean?" Crystal asked me.

"Luke and Adalyn Hemmings is trending on Twitter right now," I informed her before opening up the trending tab. My feed was immediately flooded with pictures of Luke and I and a video that had been taken by somebody at the concert who was right against the stage, so they caught our conversation we had a little while ago on video.

"Ugh, somebody recorded us talking on stage earlier," I started, "But I don't understand how that got us trending," I finished puzzled over why a simple video got us trending.

However, my question was answered when I started reading the text that went along with the video. Most of the Tweets were questioning whether or not I was pregnant because of what Luke and I said and Luke's body language when we were talking.

I groaned loudly. "Do I even want to know?" Crystal asked.

"The entire fandom thinks I'm pregnant," I groaned.

"What the actual hell? How did they get that idea?" She asked, jumping out of her seat to come look at my phone.

"Apparently the quote in quote detectives in the fan base took our words combined with Luke's actions in the video and decided that equaled me being pregnant," I sighed.

"That doesn't even make sense," Crys pointed out as she sat back down next to me.

And as if on queue, the boys all entered the room, still pumped up on adrenaline from their performance.

"Mates, that was like almost the best concert we've had this tour," Luke laughed, his eyes scanning over to me before his mood shifted entirely.  "What happened?" He asked as he made his way over to me.

"Your whole fan base thinks I'm pregnant," I sighed, handing him my phone, so he could look through the Tweets.

"Didn't we just go over this like yesterday?" Calum asked.

"Yes, but apparently Luke asking me how I'm feeling and holding me in his arms signifies to the whole fan base that I'm pregnant," I informed him.

"And just when I thought we could have a normal night for once and not have to deal with any fan shit," Luke grumbled, handing my phone back to me before grabbing his out to I assume call Andrew.

"Hey Andrew, I know it's late and I'm sorry to bother you, but we have an issue," Luke said over the phone before he headed out of the room.

I groaned ran my fingers through my hair, "I don't you know about you all, but I am just ready to go to sleep at this point."

-----

Thank you all for being so patient with me! I haven't had the motivation to write lately and really wish I could get if back because I do truly miss writing and want to have chapters to share with all of you. Hopefully, I'll be out of my writing hole soon and will be posting more frequently, but I know I can't make any promises. Anyways, thank you all so much for putting up with my terribly inconsistent updates and I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter! Love ya!!

xx - Sidney