Twenty-Nine

The front door of my childhood home flew open just as I was about to knock. Next thing I knew, my younger sister had pulled me into the world's tightest hug.

"I'm so glad you're here! You can't leave for that long again! Mom and Dad are driving me crazy!" She yelled before finally pulling away.

I laughed softly and shook my head, "What happens when I have my own family, Jas?"

"You're not allowed to," She started, "In fact, I don't think I would have allowed you to get married if you had told me ahead of time." She finished pulling me into the house.

"Really? Even if you knew he was in a super famous band?" I asked her, stopping inside once the door was closed to let the dogs off of their leashes.

She stopped walking, contemplating her answer, "Maybe."

She lead me into the kitchen where my mom was cleaning up, "Hi hon." She smiled, pulling my into a hug.

"Hey Mom," I smiled, taking a seat at one of the barstools by the island.

Mom pulled open the back door to the house and yelled to my father that I was home, not long after he walked inside and pulled my into yet another hug.

"You all are acting like you haven't seen me in years, " I told all of them.

"Well, it feels like it's been that long," Dad exclaimed.

"Where that husband of yours, Luke?" Mom asked.

"He's still on tour, I came home a few weeks early because I was feeling a little homesick." I really didn't feel like diving into the details of why I actually chose to come home especially to my parents. My parents already worried about me as is, I didn't need them to worry even more.

My mom gave me a warm smile, "Well I am very glad you decided to come spend some time with your old folks, we really missed you."

"You're not old, Mom," I promised her, giving her a kiss on the side of the head.

"Ah I know, I'm just teasing because your dad hate the word old," she chuckled. My dad rolled his eyes in response as Mom elbowed him gently in the side.

"Haha very funny Mom, now I need to steal Addy and never give her back," Jasmine yelled before she dragged me off to her room.

When we were safely shut in her room, she turned to speak to me, "Do you want to take about it?"

"Talk about what?" I asked, sitting down in her bed.

"The fact that millions of fans started speculating you were pregnant," she says, crossing her arms.

"Shit—" I mumbled, "Sometimes I really wish you didn't have social media. You didn't tell Mom and Dad right?"

She shook her head, "Anything regarding your life is your business to tell Mom and Dad, not mine, I'm just hear to listen if you need to vent."

I have her a small smile and ruffled her hair, "Sometimes you act way more mature than your age."

She rolled her eyes, "You act like I'm ten, Adalyn. But seriously, what happened?"

I sighed, my eyes shifting down to my hands, "So Luke and I both got pretty sick one night, we think food poisoning or something to that nature. Well, we kinda freaked out for a moment, thinking I was pregnant because I started feeling sick before he did, but we took a pregnancy test and it was negative. The next concert somebody recorded that video and blasted it everywhere and claimed we were having a baby, which was obviously not true. But, it just was like another needle in the back for me, another thing that put me in edge being in tour with the boys."

"Is that why you left the tour early?" She asked.

"Well, part of the reason. I'm just not used to the fame and attention. Like don't get me wrong, I love Luke with my whole heart and I know that this is the lifestyle that he loves and I'm never going to deny him of that, I'm just not quite used to it yet myself."

She frowned, "Didn't you know what you were signing up for when you agreed to marry him? You've known him and his lifestyle for years."

I look up to meet her eyes again, weighing the idea of whether I could trust her enough with the information that I guarded with my whole heart. "If I tell you something right now, can you promise to keep it a secret and not tell anyone? Like even Mom and Dad?"

She hesitantly nodded.

"After Jack broke up with me, I was lost and heartbroken, so I decided to drive out to Vegas for the weekend to drown my sorrows and with the goal of leaving my heartbreak in Vegas when the weekend was over. Well, when I was in Vegas, I happened to meet this really handsome stranger who asked me if I was just going to stare at my drink the whole night. Well, we got to talking and eventually we started playing some table games together, both of us pretty much blackout drunk."

I paused, but she didn't say anything, so I continued, "Well low and behold the next morning, I wake up in a strangers bed with no recollection of the previous evening, but I had a diamond ring in my finger and my signature was on a marriage certificate."

"You married Luke in Vegas? So you didn't know him at all beforehand?" She gasped.

I shook my head, "I had no idea who he was or that he was part of a famous band. I only found that out after the fact and then was told we would have to be together for at least a year before divorcing in order it maintain his reputation."

"So have you been lying about having feelings for him this whole time?" She asked me.

"No, crazy enough I fell hard for him, we complement each other perfectly and I honestly couldn't ask for a better person in my life. I truly do love him now and don't plan on leaving him ever," I promised her.

She pulled me into a tight hug, "Oh Addy I had no idea, why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I couldn't, I'm technically not supposed to. We can't let the word of us getting married in Vegas get out because it could potentially ruin Luke's career."

"I promise I won't tell anyone," She promised me, "Next time just promise you'll call me if anything happens that you need to talk about with someone other than Luke or Mom and Dad."

"I will Jas, and I love you so so much. Thank you being the best sister I could ask for."

She smiled, "Just doing my job."

I smiled before pulling her into another hug, as scared as I was to tell somebody, it felt really good to get that secret off of my chest that I had been holding onto for so long.

-----

Hi everyone! Sorry for being MIA, senior year (like my actual senior year, not my book lol) is kicking my behind for sure. I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to get another one out soon!

xx - Sidney