Nine

"Shit!" I groaned, throwing my phone down on the couch. We had just been lounging around all day and then in the evening, posted all of the Instagram posts to announce the Luke was married.

"What?" Luke asked looking at me from the other end of the couch.

I ran my fingers through my hair, "I kinda forgot to tell my family that I got married, and my sister found out through my Instagram post," I explained.

"That's a big shit right there. You should probably at least call your parents and tell them." 

I sighed, about to respond to him when my phone started ringing. My sister's name glowed on the screen and she wanted to Facetime. I grabbed my phone quickly and checked my hair before answering the call.

"Hey Jas!" I smiled nervously.

"Cut the bullshit Adalyn. When did you get married?" Jasmine asked, sending me a dirty glare through the screen.

"Last Sunday— look I know it was sudden and all, but Luke and I met years ago. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned him before," I shrugged.

"I don't remember him ever being mentioned," Jasmine stated.

"I'm pretty sure I've told you about him," I repeated.

"Also, you and Jack just broke up like a month ago. This all seems to be moving way too fast."

"Trust me Jasmine, this was the right move for us. I love him and know he's the right guy for me," I lied.

"You said the same thing about Jack," she reminded me.

"Jas, I love him," I repeated.

"Let me see him."

I glanced up at Luke and he gave me a petrified look.

"Don't even try to tell me he's not there because I know you are looking at him right now," Jasmine warned me. I sighed and stood up I placed my thumb over my camera and got comfortable on the couch, so I was resting my head on Luke's shoulder. I looked up at him and he gave me a subtle nod. I pulled my thumb off of the camera and Jasmine gasped.

"Sure I went and stalked his pictures, but I didn't think he would actually be that good looking!" She stated.

"Be careful, you're talking about my husband," I reminded her.

"It's okay Ads," Luke chuckled.

"You're Australian too?" Jasmine gawked.

"I thought you went and stalked his photos?" I questioned my sister.

"His photos don't talk!" She snapped back. Luke took the phone out of my shaking hand as I rolled my eyes at my little sister.

"You also know I'm in a famous band right?" He asked my sister.

"Yeah, your band is the one that sang about American Apparel underwear," She answered.

Luke gasped, "That's the only song you know? You really need to listen to our newer songs."

"I have no interest in boy bands," she informed him.

"Excuse me, we are not a boy band, we play our own instruments. We classify ourselves as a pop rock band." Luke defended his band.

"And if I remember correctly, you were in love with One Direction and still are," I chimed in.

"Am not!" Jas yelled back.

"Well, unless you want to get teased more, I suggest that we get off this call and you take a chill pill. Also, please don't tell Mom and Dad yet, I haven't called them and I want them to hear it from me," I pleaded.

"Fine, I won't tell Mom and Dad, but please tell them soon," Jasmine promised.

"I will."

"Love you Addy."

"Love you too Jas," I smiled before hitting the end call button.

"Well that was fun." I groaned, grabbing my phone out of Luke's hand.

"Trust me, I would've gotten a very similar call like that from my mother if I hadn't told her about all of this," Luke informed me.

"How did we get ourselves stuck in a movie situation?" I asked.

"Because you wore a sexy dress," Luke snickered.

"Oh shut up!" I groaned, pushing at his chest lightly.

"You know you can get off of me now," He reminded me. I was still laying on him with my head buried into his shoulder.

I shrugged, "Nah, I'm comfy."

We stayed like that for a few moments before Luke broke the silence.

"So your ex's name is Jack."

"Jackson actually." I corrected him.

"From what your sister said, it sounds like you wanted to marry him," Luke noted.

I sighed, "Wanted is the key word in that statement. Yes, at the time I pictured us getting married, but then his most likely cheating ass decided to dump me."

"Did he stop being affectionate with you?" Luke asked.

"About a month before he ended things, why?"

"That's one of the first signs somebody is cheating. Happened to me." Luke answered.

"That asshole," I muttered.

"Are you referring to my ex or yours?" Luke inquired

"Mine, but from what I've heard it could also apply to yours as well."

"It most definitely could," Luke sighed, running his hand over his face.

"What's her name?" I asked.

He hummed, "Nikki."

"Nikki, already makes her sound kinda bad, not gonna lie."

"Things were really good for a long time, but then everything started going downhill very fast. I tried to save our relationship as much as possible, but it was like trying to push a boulder up very steep hill," Luke confessed.

"Well, let's try to make whatever this is not do that. What even are we? Like friends?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'd say we're friends," Luke nodded.

"You already seem to be a very good friend," I told him.

"You do as well, Adalyn," Luke responded.

I yawned, "It's getting kinda late, I think I'm going to head to bed."

I pushed myself off of the couch and stood up.

"Goodnight Luke."

"Goodnight Adalyn."

I glanced back at Luke one last time and saw him in a different light than before. We had just agreed we were friends, but I couldn't quite tell if my heart wanted something more.

-----

I hope all of you are still enjoying this story! I'm having so much fun writing it! Also, I have nothing against the name Nikki, it just happened to be the name that I chose for Luke's ex. Thank you for reading it, and if you are enjoying it don't forget to vote!

xx - Sidney