Seventeen

"I have news," Luke told me as he muted the TV. We were cuddling on the couch watching a random show on TV, when he apparently decided it was a good time to tell me news completely out of the blue.

"What kind of news?" I asked, glancing up at him.

"So you know how we had to postpone our Europe tour?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Well, we talked and we decided not to postpone the US tour. Everything looks safe enough, so we are going to plan on having it in the summer," He told me.

"So you're going to be leaving me for like three months?" I asked him. I honestly had no idea what I would do without Luke around, it would definitely be very quiet and very boring. Of course I had the dogs and I had just lived alone prior to moving in with Luke, but I had gotten very used to having someone else around.

"Yes," He started, but paused, "but it doesn't have to be that way."

"How so?" I asked, wrapping my arms tighter around his waist, not wanting to let him go.

"Well, Mike always brings Crystal and KayKay always stops by at least for a few weeks," Luke stated.

"And?" I questioned, not wanting to get my hopes up.

"I was wondering if maybe you'd want to like come with us on tour this summer?" He asked.

A smile immediately broke out on my face, but disappeared as fast as it arrived.

"What is it?" Luke asked, using his fingers to tip my head up.

"All I want is to say yes and go, but what about my job? I've been trying to get promoted for a year and if I leave now it will never happen," I sighed, brushing my hand across his cheek.

"You could become a freelance interior designer?" He suggested.

"Yeah, but they don't have an amazing company name to back then up."

"Adalyn, I've seen what you did to your apartment and then what you did to both your office and bedroom in this house. You do not need a big company name to back you up," He informed me.

"You really think so?" I asked.

He smiled, "Yes, I do and I think you're talent has gone to waste for a year while you waited to be promoted from a receptionist."

"I'll consider it," I promised.

"And you could even help our creative team design the set for tour. They are always looking for new ideas, and that way you will also be doing something when you come and tour with us," He suggested.

"I think I've made my decision," I whispered.

"Oh yeah," Luke asked, turning up the corners of his mouth.

"I'll go," I told him.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, screw my stupid desk job, I have a rockstar boyfriend, well husband I guess, and I want to spend time with him," I giggled.

"And I want to spend time with my beautiful wife," Luke whispered before placing a kiss on my lips.

"I'll have to look at your tour spots, I have friends that live too far away for me to go visit regularly, but if we're going to be close to them, I definitely want to see them," I smiled, getting more excited about traveling the country.

"We're going to almost every state, you'll probably be able to see most of them," Luke promised me.

"It's been so long since I've seen all of them. Oh and they'll love you, I just already know it," I informed him.

"You know when else still hasn't met me?" Luke asked.

"Who?"

"Your parents and sister," Luke replied.

"Shit, I still have to plan a time to see them," I groaned.

"We should probably go see them before we head off on tour," Luke suggested.

"Yeah we should, just remind me to call my mom tomorrow," I sighed.

"You know I'll forget, so I'll put it in your calendar instead," Luke said as he grabbed my phone off the end table and typed my password in. I watched him as he fiddled around with my phone for a minute before setting it back down in the same spot he had grabbed it from.

"Thank you," I smiled before kissing his stubbly cheek.

"Our fans will also be super excited to meet you," Luke said, going back to the topic of tour.

"Do you think they'll like me?" I asked, fidgeting with the ring on my finger.

"I don't see any reason why they wouldn't like you."

"I'm the girl who Luke Hemmings married under wraps, that's all they need to say they don't like me," I sighed.

"Trust me, if I like you, they'll like you, it's as simple as that," He promised me.

"I hope you're right," I sighed, burying my head into his chest.

Luke pushed the hair that had fallen in front of my eyes out of the way, so he could see my eye, "I know I'm right, Addy."

I reached up and stroked his cheek, "Thank you for being so optimistic."

"Anytime love," He smiled.

In that moment, I realized that I never wanted to be without Luke Hemmings again. He was like my rock and my light all at the same time. He kept me grounded, but also lifted me up when I fell too far. Luke Hemmings had become my whole world.

-----

Hey Everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in two months! School definitely got the best of me, but I'm figuring it out! Thank you so much for your continued support on this story and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote if you did enjoy this chapter!

xx - Sidney