Fifteen

"What if he hates it?" I asked Crystal, nervously picking at the hem of the navy blue dress I had chosen to wear. The dress had lace sleeves and plunging neckline that showed just the right amount of skin. It was also very flowy, which made it more comfortable than a skintight dress. I was absolutely in love with it, so I wasn't sure why I was getting so nervous and second guessing myself.

"Calm down Adalyn, he's going to love it! We did not just spend hours doing your hair and makeup for him not to like it!" Crystal promised through the phone.

I gave her a sincere smile, "Thanks Crys."

"Anything for you babe," She smiled.

My attention turned to my door when a knock came from the other side.

"That is my cue to go, good luck Addy! Please call me later with all of the juicy details," She laughed.

"I will, thank you again Crys," I thanked her. She gave me a kissy face before ending the call. I quickly got off of my bed and smoothed out my dress before heading to the door. I pulled the door open and found Luke waiting for me on the other side.

"You look amazing Adalyn," Luke complimented me as his eyes scanned over my outfit.

"As do you," I giggled, admiring his simple white dress shirt with a few buttons unbuttoned and navy dress pants.

"It seems that we like to unintentionally match," Luke laughed, pointing between our matching colored outfits.

"I guess that makes us a power couple," I shrugged.

"Are you kidding? We scream power couple," Luke joked as he grabbed my hand.

"So, what are we doing on this date?" I asked, as we headed down the stairs.

Luke did a zipping motion over his mouth and locked it with an invisible key. "You can wait like ten seconds to find out," He laughed.

"Fine," I poured, leaning my head into his shoulder, thankfully I didn't leave any makeup on his white shirt because of my amazing setting spray.

"Right this way," He told me, before leading me out the back door of the house.

I gasped and a smile immediately broke out on my face, Luke had set up a picnic on the lawn. There were candles lit all around and a bottle of wine and two glasses eagerly awaited us.

"This is amazing, thank you," I told him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Why don't we sit?" He suggested, guiding me over to the blanket. I took a seat and smoothed out my dress as Luke poured the wine. We clinked our glasses and I took a sip of the perfectly crafted dry wine.

"This wine is incredible," I sighed before taking another sip.

"I'm glad you like it, it is one of my favorite beverages other than tequila and white claws," he informed me.

I placed my hand on his chest, "Tequila will always have your heart."

"And my liver," He chuckled. Once you got to know Luke, he actually had an amazing sense of humor that everyone could laugh at, that was one of the many things I admired about him.

"You mentioned something about taking pictures?" I asked him.

"Yes, we need to document our first date on Instagram, so I figured we could take some photos together," He informed me.

"We should do that before we eat, I'll be way too bloated afterwards."

"That's probably not even true, you probably can't even tell," He assured me.