Twenty-One

"So what exactly do we do all day?" I asked Crystal as the boys were on stage doing their mic check.

"Well, usually I just hang out and watch the boys, occasionally I would go out and meet up with a friend when I knew friends in the city, oh and play with my puppies," She told me as we sat in the concert venue the boys were performing at for their first show.

"Do they have a meet and greet before the show today?" I asked, knowing Luke had probably told me, but I couldn't remember what the answer was.

"I think they do, I usually hide backstage during those since fans usually just want to see the boys, not their girlfriend's," Crystal said as she pulled out her phone and took a picture of Michael being a goofball on the stage.

"I've never like been in a stadium when it's so empty, it's kinda nice," I recalled, looking around at the large  space that would later be filled with thousands of people.

"It's kinda eerie in a way," Crystal added in.

"A little bit, if you think about it, I guess," I agreed.

Crystal looked like she was about to say something else when Luke yelled, "Adalyn!" Through his mic. The sound of my name bounced off all the walls and I started laughing at the goofy way he had said my name.

Luke waved me over to the stage, so I got up from my seat and walked over to it. The stage was pretty tall, it stood to about my chest, so there was no way I was going to get up there.

"Yes Mr. Hemmings?" I asked, leaning against the stage.

He held his hands out for me to grab, "I want to show you something."

I grabbed his hands and he pulled me up onto the stage with ease, "Thank you, muscle man," I smiled after both my feet were planted on the stage.

"You are very welcome," He winked.

"So, what did you want to show me?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"This," He smiled before pulling me over to his microphone. He then turned me around, so I was facing all of the empty seats in the stadium.

"It's such a different view from up here," I noted, in awe of how large the space actually was.

"You know what my favorite part is?" Luke asked. He rested his head on top of mine and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"What?" I asked, placing my hands on top of his.

"I love it when this arena is full of people and all of them know the words to the song," He started, "It's just such a surreal feeling when I start singing and all of them join in. That's also why I love making music because I get to share it with so many other people."

"That sounds like a dream," I told Luke.

"It doesn't have to be. If you put your mind to something, you could do it too," Luke said before kissing the top of my head.

"I'm not as good of a singer as you," I informed Luke.

"Your opinion sometimes isn't right because we all criticize ourselves harder than anyone else. I've never heard you sing, so maybe you're a hidden talent," Luke reminded me.

"Maybe, but highly unlikely," I told him.

"I'll have to hear you voice first," Luke told me.

"Maybe later?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, later—" he smiled.

"Hey Luke! We've got to go get ready for the meet up!" Calum called across the stage.

"Time to go get all fancy," Luke said before he kissed me and ran off the follow the boys to their dressing room.

"You wanna go get all cute too," Crystal asked as she headed up the stage steps.

"Hell yeah," I cried out. I grabbed her hand and we both raced to the room next to the boys dressing room that we had claimed as our own.

"Should I go bold for tonight?" I asked.

"You def should," Crystal answered.

"Like dress bold or leather pants and a cute shirt bold?" I questioned.

She thought for a moment, "The leather pants will definitely be a power move, which is perfect," She paused, "Plus, you'll probably match Luke because he wears leather pants for at least half of the shows on tour, if not all of them."

I laughed as I grabbed my black leather pants as well as a sparkly white crop top that had a bralette look too it, but was much more supportive. After wiggling my way into the pants, I put the crop top on and topped it off with a leather jacket in case I was cold. In reality, I knew I would end up throwing a sweatshirt on, but if I needed to be in public, the leather jacket would be necessary.

"Damn girl, you're sexy," Crystal called out as I turned around to face her.

"Crys, you look just as hot," I told her as I admired the white mini dress she was wearing.

"We look all cute only to be seen by a few fans when we go to leave with the boys and the end of the night," Crystal commented before taking a mirror selfie.

"Get in with me!" She called to me. I headed over to her and we posed for a couple picture before a knock came at our door.

"Come in!" We both called out.

Before I knew who we there I heard a wolf whistle. I turned around to find Luke and Michael and I realized the whistle had come from Michael and was directed towards Crystal while Luke and I were just staring at each other.

"How did we end up wearing like the same thing?" Luke asked as he pointed between out outfits. He was in black leather jeans, a button up white shirt, and a black leather jacket with some red and rhinestone detail on it.

"Because somehow we think exactly the same," I laughed.

"Wait, we need to get a picture of you two!" Crystal laughed as she got her phone out. Luke and I posed for a couple serious, badass couple pictures and also a couple goofy ones.

"Hey! We have to head the the meet up," Calum started, as he stood in the door way, before he caught sight of Luke and I, "Did you two plan this?" He asked, through confused.

"Nope," We both laughed at the exact same time.

For being two strangers who met in Vegas, Luke and I had a lot more in common than I would have ever thought.

-----

Hey everybody! I hope all of you are having a wonderful day and are off to a great start in the new year! Thank you all for sticking with this story. I've decided that I am going to try and update every Saturday, so I have a consistent upload schedule for this story. There may be an extra upload thrown in every now and then, but then I'll at least have one new chapter every week :)

xx - Sidney