Twenty-Eight

As promised, I was on a flight back to Los Angeles the next day, after giving tearful goodbyes to Luke, Crystal, and the boys. It was definitely hard to say goodbye, but I knew I would be seeing them in a couple of weeks and knew that I needed to step away from the tour to let myself relax and forget about all of the stresses that came with being in the public eye.

Luke had posted the video we made to shut down the pregnancy rumors and thankfully the fans had been understanding and a few even apologized for the way they blew things out of proportion. The PR team was furious at Luke, but all of the boys and I agreed it was the right thing to do and Luke and I weren't going to let PR control our lives. And with the rumor being stopped, I already felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

When I landed, I called a cab to pick me up and take me back to mine and Luke's house. As soon as I dropped my bags off, I was back in my own car to pick up the dogs from Luke's friend, who had offered to watch them for us. Both Rosie and Petunia were so excited to see me and couldn't contain their excitement when I let them back into the home they were familiar with.

I texted Luke a video of both the dogs playing, knowing it would make him smile. I wanted to do everything I could to make him feel like I was still there with him, but knew that wasn't possible to the extent I wanted it to be, so I had to settle for texts and Facetimes as often as possible.

I then texted my mom, asking her if I could come over for a couple of days and if I could bring the dogs with me. I knew she would say yes to the dogs, but my dad on the other hand, he could go either way. Before I got a response from my mom, I received a FaceTime from Crystal.

"Hey Crys, what's up?" I asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to see if you made it home okay," She took a seat in what looked to be a backstage dressing room.

"I did and I picked up the pups on the way home, they are so excited to be back," I smiled, watching at the two dogs continued to run around the house, sniffing everything and reorienting themselves to their surroundings.

"Well, I'm glad you made it home okay. The boys have a show starting like now, but I have a feeling you'll be getting a call from Luke after. He's been pretty pouty since you left, all of us can really see how much he loves you now."

I frowned at the thought of Luke being sad because I left, "I hope he's doing alright, for me it just helps to remind myself that I'll see him again in two weeks."

"Same with your hubby here, he made one of those countdown chains that like elementary kids make for Christmas," she informed me.

A smile crept onto my face, "You'll definitely have to send me a picture of that one."

"Oh, I will," She smiled.

I glanced towards my pile of luggage still waiting for me at the front door, "Well Crys, I've gotta go, I have to unpack all of my things and get some food."

She pouted, "Okay, I'll talk to you soon, Addy."

"Definitely!" I agreed before ending the call.

I let out a sigh before getting off the couch and grabbing all of my luggage and carrying it up the stairs. It was definitely going to take me a while to unpack.

After a few hours of unpacking, reorganizing, and doing laundry, my phone started buzzing from an incoming call from Luke. I answered it and his exhaust ridden face appeared in my screen.

"Hey," I smiled, laying stomach down on the bed.

He smiled back lazily, "Hey love."

"You look tired, is everything okay?" I asked him.

He sighed, "I'm having a hard time falling asleep."

I frowned, "I'm sorry Lu, I know I'm not there, but is there anything I can do to help?"

"Just talk to me," he smiled.

I nodded, "Okay, well I picked the dogs up earlier and they were so excited to be home, but I think Petunia misses you. I'm also going to head to my parents house tomorrow and stay for a few days. I feel like I haven't seen them in so long, so I really just want to spend some time with them."

"Tell your parents I say hi."

I smiled, "I will."

We both sat in silence for a moment.

"Hey Lu?"

"Yeah?"

"I know this is a weird question to ask, especially while you're not here, but can I move until your bedroom? I know we were kinda already doing that before we left—"

A wide smile broke our on his face, "I would love that Adalyn."

My eyes lit up, "Really?"

He nodded, "We're clearly in this for the long run and I'd love to get to fall asleep next to you every night and wake up in our bed every morning."

I sighed a sigh of relief, "Thank you, Luke."

"For what?"

"For everything. You have been exactly what I needed these past six months and I can thank you enough for that. I love you."

He smiled, "I love you too."

"Do you think you'll be able to fall asleep?" I asked him.

He shrugged.

"I left my pillow in the top bunk if you want it," I informed him.

He nodded before going to grab it, he pulled it right to his chest and snuggled into it, "It isn't quite as good as having you next to me, but it'll work for the next two weeks."

"Just two weeks."

"Two weeks."

"Goodnight, Luke, I love you."

"Goodnight, Addy, I love you too."

I waited until his closed his eyes and his breaths evened to disconnect the call. I already missed him and couldn't wait for the two weeks to be up.

-----

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I think I've decided I am going to update this story every other Sunday and then on the opposing Sundays, I'll be updating my other story, Senior Year. So expect about two updates a month, maybe more if I'm in the writing spirit. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

xx - Sidney