Thirty-Three

"Hi James, thank you for agreeing to do this interview with us," Luke thanked the man who had interviewed us just months before on our relationship.

"Anytime, especially given how many views this is going to get," He replied, grinning from ear to ear. Clearly someone was very excited for a large payday, especially knowing Andrew had probably paid him some amount as well to do the interview with us.

"So this one is live, do whatever you say will be out there for the whole world immediately, no asking to cut it out," the producer told us as the tech team finished putting our mics on.

"Live—great," I sighed, rubbing my hands on my jeans. Luke and I were trying to show that our relationship was not a charade, and that began with looking more simple. Luke chose a pair of light gray pants and paired them with a white shirt, while I had chosen dark washed jeans and a pink tank with ruffled sleeves that capped my shoulders.

Luke grabbed my hand and gave it a kiss, "No matter what just remember that I love you more than anything, and that is all that matters."

"Yeah, I know, but I'd really like to not be the most hated person by millions of people," I reminded him.

He didn't say anything to me, only offered a hand squeeze, because he knew whatever he said to me wouldn't change what others believed about me.

"We're ready for you," the producer called from her spot behind the camera.

We both nodded and got into our seats, ready to hopefully extinguish the flames of the growing fire of hatred. The producer counted down on her fingers and gave us a thumbs up to signal we were live.

I clutched Luke's hand nervously as James began to speak, "Hi everyone and thank you for tuning in to this live show. As you know, news recently broke that sent the five seconds of summer fan community into a frenzy. Here today I am joined with Adalyn and Luke Hemmings, who are here to set the record straight on their relationship and what it means to them."

James turned his attention to us and gave a nod, signalling her was done talking and it was up to us now. Luke gave my hand a squeeze before turning to the camera, "I know many of you may not believe what Adalyn and I have to say after the true origins of our relationship came to light, but I promise you, everything you are about to be told is the truth."

"Adalyn and I met in Las Vegas on the night that we got married, both of us suffering from a broken heart that needed mending. The next morning we woke up with very little recollection of the previous night with a wedding certificate in hand and a ring on Adalyn's finger. Although it may seem crazy and like it's straight out of a story, it's true." Luke continued.

"We met with Luke's publicity team the next day and they comprised a plan to help us in our predicament, we would remain married for the next year or two and then go our separate ways. But in the first few months of being together we began to fall in love for real. Everything fans saw on the tour was a real relationship between Luke and myself," I spoke, trying not to let my nerves get the best of me.

"A relationship that may have started as untrue became the most real thing for both of us. We hope that you can forgive us for our lies because we are planning on being together for the rest of our lives," Luke finished out before lifting our intertwined hands and placing a kiss on my hand.

James sighed and returned his gaze to the camera, "So that is the truth folks from the couple in question themselves. Thank you all so much for tuning in, have a great rest of your day."

As soon as the cameras were cut, I stood up and pulled Luke into a hug. "I love you so much."

He placed a kiss on the top of my head, "I love you too."

"Let's get out of here, I just want to go home and snuggle the puppies," I sighed.

We were led out of the building by a security team and ignored all of the paparazzi that had arrived while we were inside the studio. We both got in the car as soon as possible and the sea of paparazzi cleared so we could pull out of the lot.

"Can they not just mind their own business?" I muttered, watching as they continued to take pictures of the car as we drove away.

Luke grabbed a hold of my hand, "They don't know how to, that's why they have the job."

I watched his muscles tense and relax as he drove and it reminded me that we weren't entirely out of the water after the interview, we still had to get the forgiveness of fans and friends.

Although I wanted to say something, the silence of the car ride was comforting. The ride allowed me to process and comprehend all of the unruly thoughts that had been floating around inside my brain.

As soon as Luke had pulled the car into the driveway, Crystal was out in the yard waving us into the house. I furrowed my brows at her urgency, but quickly collected my things and headed over to her.

"What's going on?" I questioned.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the front door, "You're never going to believe it, come on!"

She led me over to our group of friends, who were all hovering around a laptop at the kitchen counter. The boys saw we were coming and parted ways so we could see the computer.

I read the words on the screen carefully, making sure not to miss anything. My eyes widened the more I read.

Luke gasped, "Holy shit."

A smile broke out on my face as I threw my arms around him, "They believe us."

-----

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so quiet (I feel like I'm saying this every other chapter at this point...). College is hard and very time consuming, but things are slowing down now, so I've had a little time to write. This book is going to come to an end in the next chapter and I am so excited to finally have this book completed! I hope all of you have an amazing holiday season!

xx - Sidney