Thirty-One

When I finally got back home it was well past dark. I held in a yawn as I hopped out of the car and grabbed my bag and let the dogs out. They ran straight to the front door and waited patiently for me to unlock it. I quickly got the door open and when I did both of them ran straight inside and Petunia started barking like crazy.

"What's going on Petunia, baby?" I asked her as I followed her to the living room, where she had started barking. I dropped my bag and my hands flew to my mouth as I saw Luke sitting on the couch.

"Oh my, wait, you're here? Why are you here?" I asked, not moving from my spot.

"I may have lied about the tour finish date, so I could surprise you at home," He smiled, standing up to engulf me in a huge hug.

My arms flew around his neck before I pulled him in for a kiss.

"I missed you so much," I mumbled, tears beginning to fall down my face.

"I missed you too, Addy," he sighed, gently running his fingers up and down my back.

"And I love you," I cried, giving him another kiss.

"I love you too," He agreed.

"And I never want to be without you ever again," I confessed.

"Me too," He agreed again.

"Can we delete that whole divorce in a year or two thing from our plan?" I asked, knowing it had been a question I had wanted to ask for a very long time.

"It's already gone, I had that taken care of as soon as I was certain you were my one and only and I was yours," He replied back.

"God I love you so much, Luke Hemmings, and I want the whole world to know."

He laughed as he led me over to the couch, "Maybe for now you can just tell it to me over and over again."

He sat down on the couch and I sat down next to him, cuddling into his warmth. He began telling me about the remainder of tour, and while I tried to listen, I had to keep fighting my eyes to keep them open. Luke seemed to notice because he stopped talking and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Let's go to bed, I can tell you all about the last few weeks in the morning," he suggested. I sleepily nodded and stood up, stretching as I did. He laughed at me, but followed me up the stairs nonetheless.

"I love you," I mumbled sleepily as I crawled into bed.

The bed sank as he laid down next to me. "I love you too," He said, kissing my neck and pulling my body into his.

As the warmth of my own bed with my husband surrounded me, I found myself drifting into a deep sleep.

I found myself waking up to a large crash in our house and found Luke half on the ground, "Shit," he grumbled as he pushed himself up with his hands.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "I don't know, Andrew asked me to call him and it must be important since I have like ten missed calls from him."

I looked over at the clock, it was only nine o'clock in the morning, "Shit that really can't be good." I tossed the covers off of me and followed Luke down to his office.

Luke dialed Andrew's number and put him on speaker phone, but before Andrew picked up somebody started banging on our front door.

"What in the hell is going on?" Luke cried out, stopping the call to go answer the door. Before Luke could even say hello, Andrew was inside our house.

"What's wrong, Andrew?" Luke asked.

"They know! The whole world knows and your career is over! Andrew let out, clearly very upset.

Luke and I both looked at each other, surprised. "What do you mean the whole world knows?" Luke asked.

"Somebody was able to hack into our computer software last night and found the document that had your agreement and planned answers you two wrote up. All of it got posted this morning with a audio clip of Adalyn saying you got married in Vegas and didn't know each other before that," Andrew informed us, sending daggers in my direction with his eyes.

"Whoa, nobody ever recorded me saying that," I said, putting my hands up in defense.

"Well somebody did," Andrew said, playing the clip from his phone.

My eyes went wide.

"What Addy?" Luke asked me.

"It was the night before the paparazzi showed up at my parents' house, I told my sister what really happened between us because I needed somebody else to know so I didn't have to keep lying to everyone. Somebody must've already been there the night before, it was a nice night and all of our windows were open," I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

"I knew this would happen. Why couldn't you just follow the agreement of not telling your family?" Andrew asked, his voice getting louder with every word.

"Andrew, do not take this out on Adalyn, she couldn't have known and it is most certainly not her fault," Luke backed me up.

"Luke, she broke the agreement we set up!" Andrew reminded him.

"An agreement we set up before Adalyn and I actually fell in love with each other," Luke growled back.

"Look, I know everybody wants to place blame on everyone else, but right now it is in all of our best interests to figure out how to fix this problem!" I told both of them.

They both stopped talking and looked at me. "I'll call the other boys and get them over here and all of us will formulate a plan together, okay?"

Both of them nodded.

"Now coffee?" I asked.

-----

Gahhh, sorry to leave you like this! I promise there will be a new update soon!

xx - Sidney