Fourteen

"Hey, are you doing alright?" I asked, peeking my head into Luke's office. He had just found out earlier in the day, that the band had lost over ten thousand sales on the Billboard charts because their records were shipped early, which meant they went on the charts a week earlier than they were supposed to.

"As good as I can be. Like why can't people just learn to send things out on time?" He groaned, running his fingers through his hair.

I held out a cup of coffee made with some alcohol, "I brought you something. I figured you wouldn't want a glass of tequila while still working, so I added some good stuff to the coffee instead."

"Thank you," Luke sighed, accepting the coffee and taking a sip of it.

I nodded and went to head out of the room when Luke called my name.

"Adalyn?" I looked back at him and he was now standing behind his desk.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Thank you for being here for me," Luke thanked me.

"Anytime Luke, that's what friends are for right?" I told him, giving him a small smile.

"Before you go, can look at this for me?" He asked, pointing to his laptop. I nodded and headed over to him. It was a statement he made about the record mistake. I read it over and everything seemed good.

"Everything looks good," I informed him. I looked up at him and he was staring at me. "You okay?" I asked him.

"Fück it," He mumbled before cupping my cheeks and kissing me. His lips were warm and soft and molded perfectly to mine. It was as if our lips were made for each other. We pulled away after a minute, both out of breath.

"Holy shit," I whispered, looking up at Luke.

"I'm sorry, that's not how I really expected things to go down," Luke apologized, immediately looking down as his face dropped.

I placed my hands on his cheeks, forcing him to look at me, "No, no, no, that was great. That was a good holy shit."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes really," I confirmed. Luke gave me a toothy grin before connecting his lips to mine again. When we pulled away he gave me a smile.

"Adalyn?" He whispered, still slightly out of breath.

"Yes Luke?" I mumbled, pushing his long hair back out of his face.

"Do you think we could possibly try being more than friends?"

A smile broke out on my face and I nodded, "I'd like that."

He let go of my hips and rubbed the back of his neck, "I know that we can't exactly go out on a date right now because of the current circumstances, but would you like to have a dinner date at the house? Like tonight?"

"I think that sounds like a great idea," I smiled.

"Great! You aren't allowed downstairs after five and I'll pick you up from your room at six thirty," He grinned.

"What should I wear?" I asked him.

"Something that you wouldn't mind getting photographed in," He informed me.

"Okay, I can do that," I giggled.

"I'm very much looking forward to this," Luke smiled.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek, "So am I."

"I'll see you at six thirty," Luke whispered before kissing me again.

"Six thirty," I confirmed before heading out of his office. I didn't even have to look in a mirror to know that I had a big, goofy grin plastered on my face. When I made it back to my office, I put my phone on its desk tripod and FaceTimed Crystal.

"Hey babe, what's up?" She asked. She was laying in her bed, with Moose Moose and Southy snuggled up next to her.

"Is Michael with you?" I asked her.

"No, he's streaming on Twitch in the other room," She informed me.

"Okay, well I have some exciting news!" I squealed.

"OMG what??" She asked, clearly getting excited.

"So Luke was you know both bummed and stressed about the whole record thing, so I decided to bring him some coffee. Then when I went in there he thanked me for always being there for him and then he asked me to proofread the statement he had written. And then once I was done he kissed me!" I squealed.

"No way!! You're not pranking me right?" She asked.

"Nope, it all legitimately happened, and then to make things even better he asked me on a house dinner date tonight!" I gushed, so excited I was able to tell somebody about what was happening in my life.

"You get it girl!" Crystal yelled through the phone. "What kind of outfit do you need to wear?" she asked.

"Luke told to wear something I could be photographed in and then I said I could do that. I was thinking I could either go chill date or all out super fancy," I told her.

"Super fancy sounds kinda fun, but we need to see your dress options first. You better let me help you pick out your outfit!" She squealed.

"Of course love! How about we go do that now?" I suggested.

"Yes yes yes!!! I can't wait another second!" She laughed. I looked at my desk and the work I still had to do. I could finish it later, after all it was just plugging numbers into the database.

"Alright, so I was thinking either navy blue or dark green because those colors look nice on me. Luke has already seen me in dark red, so I don't really want to wear that again," I informed her as I entered my bedroom.

"I can already tell that dark blue would look amazing on you! You could basically wear any color you wanted and be able to pull it off," Crystal informed me.

"Thanks Crys!" I thanked her.

"Alright, let's see your dress options!" She called, clapping her hands, telling me to hurry up.

"If you insist!" I laughed before heading into my closet and pulling out basically every dress I owned.

-----

Hey everyone!! So, yeah they finally realized that they have actual feelings for each other!! I'm so excited for this story and cannot wait for you to read what I have in store!! Thank you all so much for reading!! I hope you are still enjoying this story, if you are don't forget to vote!!

xx - Sidney