31: Finding

"Calm down"

" No"

"Calm down"

"Shut up"

"Calm down"

"Kiss my ass"

" Sit for a second"

I turn and glare harshly at Zeke, who has been telling me to 'calm down' for the past five minutes. I plop onto a cold metal bench, pausing my pacing for a moment. Just as I open my mouth to say something, the whirring of sirens peirces the air. A patrol car pulls up beside us, where we sit in the school parking lot.

" What are you kids doing?" He asks, his voice deep and gruff.

" Thank god" I mutter "someone kidnaped our friend." The officer perks up, suddenly alert.

" Any idea who?" He asks

" A kid who goes to school here, Peter Hays. It's his cousin" I explain

" What's your friends name?"

" Four" I say

" Last name" he prompts.

" Ummm" I mumble something unintelligible.

"What?" The man asks, perplexed

" I... don't know his last name. He's awfully secretive" I lie quickly.

" Hmmm... alright then" he muses " I'll call it out, you kids get home"

He pulls off, lights blazing in the lowering light of the afternoon.

" What do we do?" I query

" Dammed if I know" Uriah blurts. I glare slightly at him.

" Let's get home" Zeke suggests " we won't find him by just sitting here"

I hesitantly agree, following Zeke and Uri to our cars, which happen to be the last ones in the lot. We walk to our separate cars, agreeing to head to my house.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎Time Laps♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Zeke and Uriah sit comfortably on my couch, ignoring the scrutinizing glares of my parents.

" So... Did you find a job dear?" My mother asks, trying to break the silence.

" Really?...Really? I tell you that my boyfriend was abducted and you ask me if I've found a job yet?" I snarl, losing my temper.

" OHHH Trissy needs to get her stuff together" Zeke jokes. Everyone, including Uriah, glares at him " just trying to relieve the tension"

" Did you...did you just make a Harry Potter reference?" I ask incredulously

" Of course I'm like the biggest Harry Potter fan" he scoffs " I've seen all the movies atlast twice."

" Oh... who is peeves?" I ask. He stays silent " what's S.P.E.W.?"

"Spew" everyone echoes

" Society for the Protection of Elfish Well fair? ring a bell?" Nothing. No surprise.
Suddenly, the phone rings, startling everyone. I bolt for the receiver, smashing it into my ear.

"Hello?" I greet

" Did you report the Kidnaping earlier?" The man on the other end asks

" Yes" I reply eagerly

" Can you give us the adress of the suspect?"

" Yes" I spout it off, slightly upset about the fact that they weren't calling to say they had found Tobias.

" Thank you" the man says curtly, hanging up. Well that worked well. I'm taking matters into my own hands.