34:Unbeleivable

" Beatrice?" A voice behind me asks. I turn, startled.

"Mom" I greet, shopping back around only to find Tobias asleep on the couch with his hands tucked under his head.

" Sweetie..." she sighs " never mind"

"What?" I ask suspiciously

" Your father will be home soon. We can talk then" she says, depositing her purse on the hook beside the door

"Talk?" I echo " what about?"

" We have some... concerns about your relationship with this boy" she explains

" I don't want to hear a word you have to say on the subject." I say firmly

" Well that's to bad. You live in our hose and will obey our wishes" she snaps

" We discussed this. If I get a job, which I have several interviews lined up for by the way, he could stay. That was your wish" I snarl

" We said that he could stay, not that you two could stay a couple. Living in the same house as your boyfriend could ruin the relationship." She says

" Bull-crap. Why don't you want us together?"

" I'm aware that I haven't been the most attentive parent but when I am here we usually do fun stuff. Now that you have a boyfriend who you have such easy access to you are completely ignoring me and your father." She explains. Before I can snap at her, I bite my tongue and take a deep breath.

" I'm not doing this here and I'm not doing this now." I say, deadly calm.

" We have to talk about this sooner or later" she sighs

"I choose later." I state, picking up catching fire and ignoring her. Sighing, she makes her way into the kitchen, leaving me wondering why she didn't ask me why I was home from school so early.

Fifteen minutes later the front door opens, making a slight squeaking noise as the hinges pull the door open. I expect it to be my dad, with his lame hat and overlong coat, but it's not, its Zeke and Uriah.

" What are you two doing here?" I wonder, knowing that school hasn't let out yet.

" You didn't come back after escorting him home so we thought we should make sure you hadn't killed him." Uriah explains.

" Oh" I mutter "well he might not be dead but my parents might be later"

At their quizzical looks, I told them what my mom told me about not wanting Tobias and I to be together, which included having to explain that Tobias was living here 'temporarily'. By the time I finished explaining, my dad was home, walking through the door just as I finished talking to a very agitated Zeke and Uriah. They said that they would keep an eye on Tobias as my parents shouted for me from the kitchen.

" Wish me luck" I sighed as I stalked to the kitchen, plopping down on the sleek wooden chairs.

" No" I began

" Before you yell at us hear us out" My dad playacted

" Sweetie, I'm not sure he's the best person for you to be with"

" If that's your argument I'm leaving now" I say, pushing my chair back

" Sit young lady" My dad demanded "This is a non-negotiable subject. Break up with that boy or he no longer lives here"

" Thats not fair!" I exclaim " You haven't given me a single good reason to do that"

" Hmm... He's not good for you. He takes up your time to much. He mysteryously appears from nowhere and you decide to let him stay here. Shall I continue?" My dad lists

" Please do. I haven't heard a good reason yet" I motion to continue " I wont do it without a good reason and how is he not good for me?"

" Dear, please" Mom begs " We weren't going to tell you yet but if it changes your mine...Your dad got job here. We'll be home more often. I think you could do much better, find someone who is well off. "

" A job doing what?" I ask cautiously, ignoring her criticism towards my dating choices.

" I'm the Mayors personal assistant" He says proudly. A string of profanities slip from my lips quietly if course he's working with Marcus " The mayor will be over often for dinner."

" Dad-" I plea, I'm not sure what I'd say after so I'm grateful that he interrupts.

" Dont 'Dad' me missy. We aren't talking about this anymore. Break up or he leaves" He commands

" THATS NOT FAIR" I shriek

" DONT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME" he yells back

" I WILL RAISE MY VOICE AT YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING IRRATIONAL"

" IF HE IS NOT OFFICIALLY BROKEN UP WITH I WILL EITHER CONTACT HIS PARENTS OR THE ORPHANAGE" He yells with finality, making me gasp.

" How soon do I have to do this?" I ask, my voice shaking. I can't let that happen, no matter how much it hurts.

" You have until the end of today. Do it the moment he wakes up"

That moment arived much to soon for my liking. I sat on the couch near Tobias' head, silent tears racing down my face. I hate having to do this, I really do. But, he doesn't have anywhere else to go and I want the best thing for him, even if that thing is not with me. I kicked Zeke and Uriah out, the tears on my cheeks getting them to leave quickly. They were upstairs right now. Zeke waiting in Tobias's room and Uriah in mine, on the grounds that they wanted both of us to have a shoulder to cry on if need be.

Tobias eyes flicker open, putting his beautiful dark blue iris on display. He glanced around groggily before his eyes landed on my tear streaked face. He scooted up into a sitting position, wincing as he tweaked his back.I offered a weak smile as he looked at me, concern etched on his features.

" Whats wrong?" he asked

" I'm so sorry" I whispered " So,so sorry"

" Why are you sorry?" He asks gently

" I..." I choke on a sob " I love you, I'm sorry"

" Tris, you're scaring me. What happened?" He asks

" I... I have to break up with you" I cry, unable to meet his eyes

" What?" his voice cracks

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry" I sob repeatedly into my hand

" Why?" he whispers

" My... my parents" I choke out "They'll kick you out if I don't"

He doesn't seem to hear me.

" Tris no" He wails " Why?"

" I have to. I'm sorry" I cry

" No you don't" he begs

" My parents" I sob, unable to finish

" Your parents? Thats your excuse" He sobs

" I'm doing this for you. I swear"

" HOW IS THIS FOR ME" He chokes, his voice rising.

" They would've made you leave. They said they would send you to an orphanage" I cry, but it's so muffled I'm not sure he understood.

" You're just going to let them do this?" He asks

" I'm so sorry" I cry again

" Stop saying that. You aren't sorry. I should've known this was to good to be true" He says, his voice going quiet towards the end

I don't look up as he stalks away. I dont flinch as the door upstairs shuts with bang. I dont react as Uriah enters the room. I dont move as he wraps me in his arms. I only cry. Because, with the intent of helping, I fear I've only hurt him more.

-------

HAPPY EASTER Y'ALL! Or should I say...hoppy Easter. Oh that was egg-streamly funny. Okay I'm done.

I'd like to thank you guys again for 22K reads, it mans so much to me.

Happy Easter!🐰🐣🎉🎊

Stay fluffy🐼