10: Dreams and Walks

Btw the events in this chapter happen at the same Time. While Tris is walking Tobias is sleeping. thought I'd avoid confusion.

Tris POV:

I decide to get out of the house for a while. Maybe take a run somewhere. yeah that sounds good but I ought to leave fo- Tobias, that's gonna take some getting used to, a note.

Tobias,

Hey, I went for a walk be back soon. Call if you need anything my numbers here:
My number: 394-4646
:)tris

I put this on the coffee table next to Tobias and walk out the door. I'm probably just going to walk around the park. So I go there and start walking.

Man if I would have known Marcus had done that to Tobias I probably would have killed him then and there. I mean I knew the guy was a butt, but I mean really!? What kind of sorry human being would do that to their son. I go on thinking like this for a while and am snapped out of my thoughts by the one and only Uriah tapping on my shoulder.

"Oh, hey Uri" I say

"Hi Trissy" he says smirking. normally I would slap him but I don't feel like it

"What's up" I ask

"Not much but what were you thinking about, I followed you for like five minutes?"

"Oh you know... Uri can I ask you something" I say

"Course tris, I'm like your brother" he exclaims

" Okay so Four and I may...possibly have kind of...kissed" I say whispering the last part. Uri starts squealing like...like Christina. I slap him and continue " I just feel like I made an idiot of myself, ya know? What if he doesn't like me like that" I ask him

"Tris, he does I know it. He looks at you the same way Zeke looks at Shauana. the same way Will looks at Chrissy. he does" I smile and hug Uriah and walk off.

The more I walk the more I worry. why would he like me? I'm not pretty I'm nothing special. I shake these thoughts put of my head and keep walking .

FOUR POV:

I see a boy. Laying down in a large empty room, He looks to be about right or nine. A man walks in with a sowl on his face and hatred in his eyes. I now see a girl, long brown hair and striking features, leaning on a wall I front of the boy. In her eyes shines regret. Then the boy, his eyes sparkle with fear and sadness. The man walks to the boy and removes his belt.

"This I for your own good" he says as he begins hitting the boy. This boy is me, the girl in the corner is my sister and the devil man is Marcus. Slowly my view changes, from watching, to laying on the ground as the little boy, whose back screams In pain with each strike of the belt. writhing in agony he-we, attempt to escape the man who was once our father. Screams erupt from the child's mouth as the belt strikes overs and over.

" KAYLA PLEASE" the boy shrieks to his apparently indifferent sister "KAY HELP" the boys cries fill the air, accompanied by the snap of a belt. blood drops on the floor as the boy is bitten once again by the sharp sting of the belt.

" KAY YOU PROMISED" the boy shouts. I know what he means by that, the girl,Kayla, promised me, when I was three and she was four, that she would protect me, never let me get hurt.
"KAYLA PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE" the boy sobs again, his shirt soaked in blood. Kayla stands against the wall doing nothing still. The belt is raised one more time to deal a blow to the boys head. His, and my, world fade to black

I snap awake in the soft couch in the living room. My face is wet, with sweat or tears or both. I shakily stand and walk to the kitchen and get a glass of water. Then, sitting on the couch I place my head in my hands, my back stinging from blows long ago delt.

My sister, Kayla, would be seventeen this year. If I saw her again I wouldn't know how to react. happy, because my sister is back. betrayed, because she left me alone with that monster. angry, because in all the time she was there she never did anything. most likely all three.