15: Oh Shoot

I wake up the next morning on the couch in Christina's room, it's blue and fuzzy but surprisingly uncomfortable. Groaning, I sat up from my strange position on the couch and stretched my arms and legs. My vision blurry from sleep, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a coffee cup and put it in the space below the nozzle of the Kurig and popped a k-cup in. Pressing the handle, I waited for the warm liquid to fill the cup, finally it did and I added cream and sugar and sipped the warm drink, my head resting in my hand.

Christina runs down the stairs, happy and energetic, yep she's a *whispers* morning person *shudders*. It's so annoying, no one should be that happy this early. I pull out my phone and scroll through my news feed. One thing catches my eye, it's Saturday, yessssss. I love Saturdays!

Sipping slowly,steam stinging my eyes, I finished my coffee. My phone showed it was eight O'clock so I figured I would go home.

I turned my phone off and put it back in my pocket. Walking into the living room, I called out to Christina and told her that I was heading out. We said our goodbyes and I started walking home, which took all of five minutes. I fumbled for the keys and jammed them in the hole, opening the door. I braced myself for a mess when I walked in but instead everything was spotless. Caleb had been at a friends and there is NO way the boys left the house like this. I walked into the living room to see Tobias asleep on the couch, his mouth slightly open. His quiet snores filled the room, smiling, I walked over and placed a blanket over him. I ran up to my room and got on my laptop, for a while I watched gaming videos and live streams. After I got bored of that I decided to jump in the shower ( figuratively not literally). I did so and, when I was done, dressed myself in a ruffle-y top with a flower design and dark skinny jeans. I did some light make up and walked back downstairs. Tobias was still crashed on the couch with a light stream if drool streaming from the corner of his mouth.

Chuckling, I walked into the kitchen to fix some waffles. I mixed the batter and poured it in the iron waiting for it to finish. Once it did I warmed up some syrup and placed the two waffles on plates. Once they were on the counter I walked into the living room to wake Tobias up. Gently shaking his shoulder I watched his eyes flutter open. His crystal blue eyes stared groggily at me as I smiled. He rolled off the couch landing on his feet and stretching his arms above his head. His hair ruffled from sleep he smiled at me.

"Good morning" I said
"Morning" he replied
"How'd the house get so clean?" I wonder
"That was my doing" he said "I didn't think you'd be to happy if it was screwed up"
" You thought right" I laugh " thank you" I say wrapping my arms around his waist. He presses his face into my hair and takes a few deep berths. Smiling, I walk with him into the kitchen where the warm waffles still sit on plates.

Once we eat I clear the dishes and wash them. The clock reads nine-fifteen. I turn back to the table where Toby sits sipping coffee.

" Wanna do something with me today?" I ask he nods his head and I usher him upstairs to get dressed. Once he's back downstairs, wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans, I walk out back and hold the screen door open for Tobias. The green grass is flecked with dew, light creating rainbows in the tiny drops of water. Birds sing, wings flitting, in the cold of the morning.

With my hand clasped around Tobias's I practically drag him through my yard and over the white fence that separates the houses from the woody maze that is the forest. We-I-sprint, he stumbles along behind me, tripping over rocks and branches I long ago learned to avoid, into the woods For his sake I slow my pace.
A little farther into the woods a hidden path wraps around trees and rocks. I hear laughter as I pull Tobias by the hand along the path.
"Is this the part where you kill me and hide my body in the woods?" Tobias laughs. I stop abruptly and turn to him, struggling to keep a straight face.
"Yes" I say, trying to sound serious. we stare at each other blankly for about a minute before we burst into hysterical laughter. after we calm down I continue to lead him onward.

After a while we reach a small mound of rocks, with a large stone resting on the entrance. I push the stone aside and gesture for Toby to enter.

"Umm... Tris is this safe" he asks hesitantly. I nod my head
"Of course I'm here every Saturday" I say. he raises his eyebrows and I just push him inside. On this side of the opening a large room, about the size of a football field, occupies the area. When I first found it it was almost empty save for a few cobwebs and rats. Now, after I fixed it up, it has overhead lights, plumbing, a small fridge and a TV. I'm especially proud of the archery range along with the rest of the training supplies. That consists of a gun range, some targets for knife throwing and some punching bags.

Tobias stands with his mouth agape as he stares around the massive room. I laugh as I walk over to a closet, camouflaged as a slab of stone, where I keep my equipment. I rummage around and find my bow. With silver limbs and blue cams, my Mathews Monster Chill R sparkled in the lamplight. I yanked out my arrows to, warrior shafts with blue and silver zebra striped fletchings.

I also found my slightly older Mathews Mission Riot, white and black zebra striped along with purple and black fletched arrows. I handed the Mission to Tobias who looked at it quizzically. I shook my head and took him up to the range.
"Watch me" I said as I nocked the arrow and locked the trigger around the D-Loop. I took a deep breath, drew back the bow and placed the string on my nose and aimed at the target. Shoop the arrow sticks in the center of the target. I smirk at Tobias and he try's to copy me. Key word 'try's', he nocks the arrow, pulls back, shoots and... hits the ceiling. My laughter echoes around the room as he scowled at me. I shook my head and readied my bow. Inhale,Aim,Exhale,Fire. Just missed the center. I smile and Tobias try's it again and just hits the edge of the target. I laugh and walk over to him. I. position his hands and feet correctly and show him how to aim. he pulls it back and when he releases it's on the paper.

We went on like that for a while when we moved on to knife throwing and guns. Most of the guns were pistols,
.9mm mostly. Some rifles, some .22s. around four O'clock we decided to head home. climbing back over the fence, we land on the soft grass as the sun glistens off the water from the fountain. Inside we eat an early dinner and head off to bed. halfway up the stairs, Tobias stops and grabs my hand. I look up at his mesmerizing blue eyes when I stop with him.

"I was w...wondering if you wanted to go on a date...with me... or if-" he stutters.

"I'd love that" I said, effectively shouting him up.He picked me up and spun me around laughing. We headed to our separate rooms and drifted off to a dreamless sleep.