8: Dinner and Lost sleep

"Marcus, welcome!" I exclaim and step aside to let him in. He walks in and goest straight to the dinning room. what a bastard. We sit and eat for a while. Turns out he wanted to know if I thought my father would be interested in a government job.

We finish soon and I clear our plates and grab some dauntless cake from the kitchen and place it in front of him. he grabs the fork and finishes it quickly. then, without a thank you or anything he gets up and walks to the door.

As he passes the stairs a flash of movement catches both our eyes, Fours face peers down from upstairs and disappeared quickly.Marcus continues to the door and leaves.

"Your welcome asshole" I mutter after he leaves.

Sighing I walk back upstairs to get ready for bed. I'm so tiered i don't know why. I walk down the hall, passing Fours room in the way. I pause at his door to see if he's asleep. pressing my ear to the door I hear a pillow being punched and labored breaths. Now normally I would check on him but I'm too damn tiered. I go into my room and change into pjs. I look at my phone and see that it's 7:00 early for me but, hell why not? I clim into bed and fall asleep.

Three hours later I'm awoken by someone's breath on my ear, hot and moist. I peel my eyes open and blink so that I can see right. Four stands by my bed, his eyes bloodshot and his knuckles bloody. My eyes widen and I take in his full appearance, he has a cut on his chest and cuts on his arms, the blood soaked gashes glimmering with specs of glass. I sit up and sigh, running a hand through my tangeld hair. Flicking my eyes up to Fours face I see the dark bags under his eyes that could only mean he hasn't slept.

"What happened?" I ask him softly

"I couldn't sleep, got a little out of control." he says everting his eyes, staring at the ground. I slip out from under the covers and push his chin up, forcing him to look at me. He reluctantly meets my gaze and we stand like that for a while. I stand and place my hand on his shoulder, leading him to the bathroom.

"So what exactly did you do?" I ask him as I clean his hands,arms,and chest.

"I punched the wall" he says shyly and then mutters " and the mirror"

I sigh and mutter 'idiot' under my breath. Once I get his cuts cleaned I lead him back toy room where I motion for him to crawl In bed with me.
I look at him and he looks at me, I am the first to break our gaze.
"Why couldn't you sleep?" I ask, my voice laced with concern

"Too much to think about I guess" he sighs

"Do you want to get it off your chest?"

He shakes his head no and I shrug. We snuggle into each other and I drift off to sleep.

Another five hours later I wake up to Four shaking me. I spin and look him in his deep blue eyes that yo- stop that
" What's up?" I ask
" I still couldn't sleep and I thought about what you said about getting it off my chest and I think that might help" he whispers I nod and sit up pushing hair out of my eyes.
"Okay let's go downstairs though" I say
He nods and follows me. I make us both tea and pour it into mugs. I take them into the living room where Four sits staring at the floor. I tap his shoulder and hand him his warm mug and he smiles sadly up at me.