16: The date

The sun shines in through my window, waking me up from a peaceful sleep. I drag myself to the bathroom, towel in hand, and take a shower. I throw on some sweats and a t-shirt because I'll have to change for he date later. I walk downstairs to see breakfast out on the table. The aroma of bacon and pancakes fills the air. There are candles burning on the table and rose peddles dot the floor. I whip my head around to see Tobias standing there smiling.

"What's this?" I ask smiling back at him
" In some circles they call it breakfast" He says. I playfully glare and stick my young out at him. He gestures for me to sit. I do and he does the same. We eat for a while and, when both our plates are clear, he takes them to the sink to be washed.
While he washes the dishes I wrap my arms around his stomach and lean my head on his back. Just my luck, Caleb comes into the kitchen and glares at us. He walks over and grabs a bowl and some cereal.

"Hey little sis. Hey number boy." he says with a smirk which causes me to laugh.

After a bit Tobias is done with the dishes and we go into the living room to watch a movie. He, being the very mature person that he is, chooses finding Nemo. While he is snickering about Nemo 'touching the butt' I tilt my head up to look at him. He looks down at me and smiles. We just sit like that for awhile until Tobias leans down and whispers into my ear.

"P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way." he says quietly. I laughed so hard I fell off the couch. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. We sat back down and watched movies for a while I looked at the clock and it read four fifteen. Tobias seems to notice this to because he tells to go get ready. I run up to my room and look through my closet until I find something suitable.

I dress a deep blue dress that goes to mid- thigh, a leather-y whit jacket and a pair of light blue flats. I curl my hair and put it in a waterfall braid. I only use eyeshadow because I don't really like makeup, and put on some a golden bangles. By this time it's four forty-five, I run down stairs and Tobias stands by the door. He runs to the kitchen and comes out holding a picnic basket. He takes my hand and leads me out the door. I keep walking but he grabs my wrist. I look at him and he motions for me to turn around, I comply and he blindfolds me.

"Tobias." I complain "I'll trip"
"I got you" he assures me he places a hand around my waist and leads me god knows where.

Eventually he stops and takes the blindfold off. I'm in the spot in the park, the pale sunset, made of hues of purple and orange, casts a tint on the water, a reflection of they sky shining in the pond. Fire flys flit around the trees, illuminating the leaves of the tall oaks. As I gazed around the pond I saw Tobias spread out a blanket and put out some simple sandwiches. We sit and eat in silence, not an uncomfortable silence but a comforting silence, one that is easy to get lost in. We move closer to the lip of the ground, overhanging the pond. Our feet dangle over the edge and we clasp our hands together. Our of the corner of my eye I see Tobias turn to me. I twist to face him also.

"Can I tell you somthing?" He asks I nod " I might be in love with you, I'm waiting until I'm sure until I'm sure to tell you, though"

"That's sensible of you" I say smiling " we should find you some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something"

"Maybe I'm already sure but I just don't want to frighten you" He mutters

"Then you should know better" I say

" Fine, then I love you" He says

" I love you, too" I say looking into his deep blue eyes. " I wasn't sure before but I am now. Before I met you I wasn't sure that I even knew what love was. But you have shown me that love isn't just mutual affection, love is respecting each other and wanting to be near each other, Love is needing each other to survive. You are my map, without you I would be lost. I can say with infinite certainty that I love you, with all my heart" (A/N yeah that sucked I know I'm probably the least romantic person you'll ever meet)
He looked at me with tears swimming in his blue eyes, distorting the vibrant color of his irises, and leaned down slowly. His lips met mine and it felt like a thousand little fireworks wherever our skin came in contact with mine. His soft lips moved with mine and I swear we were the only two people in the world. He pulled back and looked at me with love in his eyes.

Then he did something surprising, he bent down on one knee. Oh god please don't propose I'm too young. He pulls a long box out of his pocket. Way to big for a ring, and looked into my eyes.

"Tris, I knew when I met you that you weren't like anyone else I'd ever met. You were better in every way, you were kinder, smarter, braver, and more selfless than anyone in the world. You were kind to me when no one else was willing to be. You accepted me when I told you my secrets. You never saw anything but the good in me. I could say more but these are some of the things that made me fall in love with you. This isn't a proposal, but, Tris, Beatrice Prior, will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" He says. I stand there with tears streaming down my face, his smile falls and I know I need to answer.

"Yes" I whisper " Yes, yes, yes, yes, a million times yes." I shout. He launches himself at me and kisses me. His hands find my waist and mine wrap around his neck. He pulls back with the biggest grin on his face. Smiling, he revels what lies in the box. A long necklace, chain sparkling in the light from the fireflies, holds a thick infinity sign, blue gems set in the sparkly metal. Engraved on the back, tracing the outside of the shape, is a small message; You are my everything TE + T behind the last T is a space large enough for one more letter. Just like on the tree. I smile so widely it hurts. He takes the necklace out of the box and clasps it behind my neck. I hug him tightly, never wanting to let go.
"Thank you" I whisper in his ear

"No don't thank me, you being mine is the best thanks I could ever revive" he says back. I wipe the tears that stream continuously down my cheeks.

"I love you so much" I say
" I love you more" he replies
"Impossible, because I love you most"

Eventually we gather up what we had and walked back home, hands clasped and shoulders touching. He is all I need to fight the chill that creeps in past my clothes. I knew before but it's so much more evident now, I've found the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love Tobias Eaton.

༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽༼༽

WANT SOME WINE WITH THAT CHEESE? The cheese is real rn. I don't know if that was good I've never been in a relationship before, or talked to a guy much. Probs never will bc I'm forever alone. 🙍 oh well. Anyways ITS SO FLUFFY IM GONNA DIEEEEE. SO MUXH FOURTRIS FLUFF ITS BEAUTIFUL!.

STAY FLUFFY 🐼