9: Explanations

I sit down cross-legged on the couch facing him. He does the same and sighs,sipping his tea.

"So I guess it started when I was about five,my dad came home drunk one night and told me to face the wall. I did, he started beating me with a belt.
My mother walked in on it, begged him to stop. He didn't, he got mad, lashes out at her, and h-he k-killed her." he starts, chocking on the last bit. though he didn't look at me I could see the tears glistening in his eyes, threatening to spill over. I reach out and take the hand that sat limply in his lap, hoping to offer some comfort.

"I had a sister, she was six at the time. She heard my mother and I scream and came in to see what had happened. my dad always loved her, would never have layed a finger on her. For years her would beat me and she would sit there, watching. One day, when I was ten, I guess she just couldn't take it. Pathetic really, I guess she got tiered of sitting there watching me get beat to a pulp. But anyway, she left. Took some cash and just up and left."
He talks so casually that, if it weren't for the tears rolling down his checks, I would believe he wasn't panicking.

" It's not like she cared about me though, I mean she'd help me when it was bad, but she only did that once or twice. But she left, my father claimed I drove her away, that no one could stand my worthlessness. From there it only got worse, he'd punch me and kick me and sometimes I couldn't even sleep it has been so bad." My heart ached for him. I yearned to hold him and comfort him. damn that sounds weird. but I don't I just squeeze his hand and scoot closer.

" This went on for about six more years. It just got worse, he'd lock me in the closet for hours without food at anything. Then, about two months ago he came home drunk, again. He beat me for two hours and then passed out, I decided I'd had enough, I ran away and lived on the streets, then I met you and the rest..." At this point he is sobbing and gasping for breath. I scoot
Next to him and wrap my arms around him, he burrows his face in my waist length blond hair. Sniffling and sobbing, we sit there for a while until he gets himself together. He pulls away from me and wipes his eyes, red and puffy and meets mine. He looks like he expects pity but I'm really just pissed.

" What kind of sick bastard does that?" I almost yell. he looks at me surprised.

" I mean really! What the hell! What could a sweet person like you deserve to get that shit" I say. glancing at Four I see the corners of his mouth turned up.

"What are you smirking at" I scold playfully he laughs and puts his hands up.

"It's sweet how you pretend to care" he says. This makes all humor drain out of my face.

" Who said I was pretending?" I ask quietly

"Please, you don't care, no one does, I'm worthless" I shake my head and scoot impossibly closer to him

"Has that really been drilled so hard into your head that you beleive it?" He nods " That's not true at all. I care, I really truly care." I say sincerely

"Yeah okay" he says

" If I ever meet the asshole who did this to you I'm gonna shove my foot so far up his ass that he'll have toes for teeth" this causes him to laugh.

" That would cause more trouble than I'm worth" he says and I frown

" Nonsense" I state

"Yeah well, you see..." he starts nervously " my father is um... Marcus Eaton" he mutters

I take a deep breath so I don't punch a wall. That... there are no words.

"I'm sorry" I say calmly " if I would have known I would have poised his cake" He laughs at this

"Like I said, its sweet how you pretend to care." he says again

"I'm not pretending" I say

"Sure, alright" he mutters

"If I was would I do this?" SHIT WHAT
Oh well to late now. I lean in and press my lips to his. They are soft and lush and move with mine. Then it hits me.

I'm kissing four

IM kissing four

I'm KISSING four

I'm kissing FOUR

IM KISSING FOUR

Once I realize this I pull back, so we were only kissing for a second or two, and stare into his eyes, hoping I don't look like an idiot.

"No I guess you wouldn't" he says and you can hear the smirk in his voice.

" Is that why you couldn't sleep?" I ask changing the subject

" Yeah, I just.... If he knows I'm here, if he finds me here, you will be in deep crap" he sighs " it would be better if I left"

" No, your stuck with me" I smile and he smirks.

"What was her name?" I ask remembering what he said about a sister. " Your sister I mean"

"Kayla" he says. I grab his hand and he leans his head on mine. we stay like this for a while and soon he starts falling asleep. I stand and he lays down an the couch. I throw a blanket over him because it's freezing in here for some reason.

"Get some sleep Four" I say

" Don't call me that" he mutters groggily

"What should I call you then" I ask

"Tobias" he mutters as he drifts off to sleep