24: Listen

Warm air brushes past my face as I walk to Zeke's front door. My heart pounds in my chest while I knock on the smooth wooden surface. It is flung open by an angry looking Uriah, who I'm sure wasn't told what happened.

" Tris" he growls. I actually think it's really sweet how they care about Tobias.

"Oh don't get your man panties in a twist I can explain." I mutter

After I explained what happened, Uriah showed me to the guest room where Tobias had locked himself in.

The dark wood door that seperates Tobias and I shakes slightly as I wrap my knuckels across the hard surface.
" Go away Zeke" Tobias says from within, his voice hoarse, from screaming or crying I cant tell.

" Toby please open the door." I whisper

" Go away I dont want to talk to you" He yells, uncertinty replaced by anger

" Toby please lis-" I plea

" Theres nothing to listen to. You kissed Peter"

" I did not" I exclaim

" You did and you cant use the ' he kissed me' thing because you enjoyed it"

" How could you possibly know how I felt about it?"

" maybe the way you were all over him" He shouts. For a moment I wonder what he means, then I realize what he saw. My hands wrapped in Peters hair as I tryed to pull him away, my hand on his face as I pushed him back

" Oh Toby p-"
" No you obviously love Peter, so go
find him"

" Toby I don't love anyone but you, you know that"

" Then why dont I beleive you?" Time to pull out the big guns

" I love you like Katniss loves Petta,
I love you like Ginny loves Harry,
I love you like Hazel loves Gus,
I love you like Hermione loves Ron,
I love you like Annie loves Finnick."
"You are my always."
"You are my own personal infinity."
"You are my world."
I love you and only you" I say ( A/N If a boy ever said this to me I would marry him on the spot, literally)

" Damn it Tris. You dont know how hard it is to be mad when you use book refrances" He says and sniffles, signiling that he was crying.

"Can I explain now?" I ask. From my right I hear sniffeling and someone shushing another. I yank open the hall closet and Zeke and Uriah tumbel out. I glare at them and they sprint away.

" Tris I cant forgive you just because of a few book refrences" He sighs " You still kissed him"
" I didnt and if yo-"

" Tris, I dont know why your still here. You never really did love me, no one has" He says. Sometimes I forget about this part of him. The part that still beleives the things Marcus told him. The part that is hardest to sway.

" Toby. I love you so much more than you know. I cant fathom why you dont beleive me, but I do"

" Tris please just stop. You dont love me. You love Peter, end of story"

" Okay you asked for it.
I love you from the moon and back
I love you because your smile is a flash in the dark
I love you because youre strong even when everyone else is weak
I love you because your rational when others panic
I love you because you choose me
You choose me and I choose you and we keep choosing each other over and over again"

" Damn it Tris" He sobs.
" My love for you can not be expressed in words
nor actions nor thoughts
My love for you is eternal and strong
when everything else ends, when everyone is weak
My love for you is my reason to live
when I cant find hope alone
My love for you is interstellar
and it shines brighter than all the stars
My love for you is unexspressable"

" Okay stop" He chokes " We can talk" The door knob rattles and creaking hinges asist the opening of the door. Behind the door stands Tobias, eyes red and puffy and hair desheveld. I smile sadly at him and walk inside. We plop down on the bed together and stare at one another together.
"I want you to explain but first, did you mean that, what you said out there?"
" Of course I did. Just like every other time I say I love you. I dont say it jus to say it, I say it because you need to know that you have my heart, that you mean everything to me" His blue eyes swim with tears though none spill over.
" Okay now why would you kiss Peter" He spits out the name like poison
" I really didnt kiss him. He kissed me, the only reason my hand was in his hair was because I was trying to pull him off. Same with me touching his face, I was pushing him away." I say sincirly. Tobias closes his eyes as if replaying the scene in his head. Eventually, he opens his eyes to show saphire blue irises.
" I beleive you. Im so sorry I should have trusted you. I should have let you explain" He says as a stray tear runs down his cheek. I reach over and brush it away, the moisture lingering on my finger tips.
" Its alright, I would have done the same thing."
" I love you" he sobs
"I love you too" I reply
+++
As we walk into the living room, hand in hand, Zeke and Uriah spring up from the couch, tears fresh on their faces.
" Uh... are you guys okay"
" It-its-just so sweet" Zeke shreaks ( im a poet and I didnt know it.)
" Were you evesdroping?" I ask incredulesly
" Only on the part with the poem things" Uriah squeakes
" Whatever" I say as Toby drags me outside.
As the sweet aromas of roses fill my nose and Tobys hand warms mine I look back on the day. Im so lucky to have Tobias. Though neither of us knows right from wrong all the time, everyting will sort itself out eventually.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I almost cried while writing these poem things. IDK why probs because im forever alone and fourtris. Im a sad sad person. I did actually come up with those. Legit fluff. So copyright to me. LOL but if you use them Ill kill you with a butterkife.
stay fluffy🐼