Chapter 23: The Ultrasound

Hey guys! Just a quick authors note: you should all go and read mayjeangrills' story 'for a reason' she's so so close to 100 reads and she would love it if you could get her to 100. Also I'm sorry if the Italian isn't 100% accurate in this chapter, I tried my best but it might not be perfect. Love ya all xx

**********

Prentiss' POV:
The baby kicks, forcing me to wake up, I check the time: 5:48. I groan and roll over, facing Aaron. The baby kicks again, I smile as I realise what's happening today: my 20 week ultrasound. Hotch's eyes flutter open, "Morning Aaron" I say and plant a kiss on his lips, "Morning Em, morning bubbie" he says and kisses my belly, "Big day today" he smiles, I smile back. He gets up and walks over to my side of the bed, "C'mon, time to get up" he says and holds my hands, I groan and he pulls be out of bed and into a hug. "Are you going to make it?" I ask him, "I wouldn't miss it for the world" he says and kisses my forehead, "I just have to quickly stop by the BAU to drop off a report on our way there" he tells me, "Sounds good" I say and head downstairs to make breakfast.

**********

We pull up at Quantico and head inside. We walk into the bull pen hand in hand, "Hey, don't you have your ultrasound today?" JJ asks me, "Yeah, Hotch just has to drop off a report" I say. I let go of Aaron's hand so he can hand in the report and sit down on JJ's chair, "So Em, you excited?" she asks, "Yes" I grin. Rossi enters the bull pen with a cup of coffee in his hand, "Hey Em" he says and trips over, spilling his coffee all down his shirt, "Oh merda! Cazzo!" he yells, I turn away as I stifle a laugh, "Woah, easy there Rossi, we might not know what you're saying, but I'm sure this one does" Morgan says, pointing at Reid. "Actually, you are all forgetting that Emily lived in Italy for part of her childhood, she probably knows what it means as well" Reid says in a very matter-of-fact tone, "Do you Em?" Jage asks, "Yeah" I say and laugh a little, "Okay then, prove it, what did he say?" Morgan asks sceptically, I laugh and shake my head, "C'mon Em, this is your one chance to prove that you know something better than Reid" Morgan pleads, "Hey!" Reid says, "Okay fine" I give in, "He said 'Oh shit! Fucking hell' you happy now?" I laugh, "Was she right?" Morgan asks Rossi, he gives the nod of approval and leaves the bull pen to get a new shirt. We erupt into a chorus of laughter, "What did I miss?" Aaron asks, walking out of his office, "Oh, just Emily knowing something better than Reid and proving that just because Rossi is Italian, it doesn't mean he can get away with it" Morgan explains, "Oh, sorry I missed it" Hotch says and chuckles, "You ready Em?" he asks me, "Yep" I say, standing up and taking his hand, "I'll see you guys later" I say, "You better show me the photo!" JJ warns, "Don't worry, I will!" I call as we walk through the glass doors to leave the BAU.

My hands start sweating as we enter the hospital, I let go of Hotch's hand so I can wipe my hands on my pants. "You okay?" he asks, "Yeah I'm fine" I tell him, "Nervous?" he asks, "A little" I admit, "Don't worry, it'll be fine" he reassures me as we take a seat in the waiting room. He checks his watch, "We're 5 minutes early" he notifies me, I nod and he kisses my forehead. The baby kicks and I flinch, I smile and rub my belly, "You awake in there little one?" Hotch says, placing his hands on my belly, the baby kicks again and I laugh, "I'll take that as a yes" Aaron says, smiling.
We sit in the waiting room for 10 minutes before the doctor finally walks in, "Emily Prentiss?" she asks, Hotch and I stand and follow her down the corridor into a room. "I'm Dr. Drake. I'm sorry Dr. O'brian couldn't be here today, she has personal matters" she says, "Oh that's fine" I smile and sit down on the hospital seat, "Is this your first?" Dr. Drake asks, "Yep" I say, "Well congratulations!" she says, Aaron grabs my hand and smiles. "Could you lift your shirt?" she asks, I do as she asks and she applies cream to my stomach. She takes the transducer and starts moving it around my belly. An image comes up on the screen, I start to tear up as I look at my baby, Hotch squeezes my hand and smiles. The doctor moves the transducer around my stomach a little bit more and then puts it down, looking satisfied, "So everything seems to be fine, do you want to know the gender?" Dr. Drake asks, Aaron and I look at each other, "No, we want it to be a surprise" he says and smiles at me, "Okay well you just need to wipe this off and you're set to go, I'll go print of a photo for you, I'll be back in a minute" she says and hands me a wipe before leaving the room. "Oh Aaron, it's beautiful!" I cry, "I know baby" he says and kisses me. I wipe the cream off my stomach and sit up. Dr. Drake returns and hands me a photo of the ultrasound, I smile as I look at what will soon be our first child. Hotch takes my hands and helps me up off the chair. "Ready to go?" he asks as I pull my shirt down, "Mmhmm" I say, unable to wipe the smile off my face.

We go home before we go to the BAU, I get out of the car and walk over to the front door, I notice a note on the front doorstep and try to reach it, but end up laughing when I can't reach it because of my belly. "Em? What's so funny?" Aaron asks, "I can't reach the note" I laugh, pointing to the envelope on the doorstep, he laughs and bends down to pick it up for me. I tare it open and pull out a note, it reads: Can't wait to see you and the baby!
I laugh, "Who's it from?" Hotch asks, "Probably JJ" I say and walk inside. I pull out my phone and text her: "Can't wait to see you either haha"
I sit down on the couch and wait for a reply, Aaron joins me and I lean up against him, snuggling into his chest. My phone vibrates and I look down to see a text from JJ: "What r u talking about?"
"The note" I reply,
"What note???" She texts back,
"We'll be there soon, I'll talk to u about it then" I message and put my phone away, "Ready to show the team?" Hotch asks, sitting up, "Yep" I reply with a smile and get up off the couch.

"Aw! Do you know the gender?" Garcia asks, tearing up, "No, we want it to be a surprise" I tell her and hand the photo to Jage so she can have a better look. Morgan comes over and JJ hands the photo to him. "So Em, what were you saying about the note?" JJ asks, "There was a note on the doorstep when we got home" I explain, "What did I say?" she asks, walking away from the rest of the group so we can talk in private, "It said 'Can't wait to see you and the baby!' I just presumed it was from you" "No, do you have it with you?" she asks, "Yeah, just a sec" I say, reaching into my pocket to find the note. I hand it to her and she examines it, she turns around and hurries off to her desk, "Jage?" I ask as I follow her, she turns around and holds up another note next to mine, I take them both from her and look at them; the other note is the one she received 3 weeks ago. "Look at the handwriting" she says, I do and it only takes me a second to realise that the writing is almost identical. I turn around and walk over to the team, "Aaron, can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask, "Sure" he says, taking my hand and leading me to his office, JJ follows. "What's going on?" he asks once he has shut the door, I hand him both the notes, he stares at them for a minute and then looks at us, "Is this the one you received a couple of weeks ago?" he asks JJ, she nods, "Okay, I'll see if I can figure anything out, but for the time being, this stays between the three of us, agreed?" we both nod and he opens the door for us. Jage leaves and he gives me a quick kiss, we turn and walk back to the bull pen, "I'm gonna take Em home so she can get some rest" Hotch says, "If anything comes up, call me, if not, I'll see you tomorrow" he says and we leave.