Chapter 25: Pregnancy Problems

Reid's POV:
I finish making the hot chocolate and walk into the lounge room, handing a cup to JJ and then sitting down. She leans up against me and I wrap my arms around her, "Jeez Jage, you're freezing!" I say and get up, "Where are you going?" she asks, "I'll be back in a sec" I say and head upstairs. I grab the doona off our bed and carry it back down stairs. I surprise Jage by throwing it over her head, she laughs and pulls it down, making room for me to sit. She snuggles into me and we sit here drinking hot chocolate for a few minutes.
JJ randomly starts laughing, "What's so funny?" I ask, "Our snowman is still there" she laughs, pointing out the window at our snowman covered in way too much clothing for one snowman. I laugh and kiss her on the lips, "Lets hope it stays there" I say, smiling. She yawns and lies down, resting her head on my lap. I stroke her hair and she closes her eyes, "I love you" she whispers before falling asleep.

Hotch's POV:
"Thank you" Emily smiles and kisses me, "For what?" I ask, confused, "For the perfect day" she says and sits up, "It wouldn't have been perfect without you" I say and kiss her back. "You wanna watch a movie?" I ask, "Yep" she says and smiles, I get up and walk over to the drawer full of movies. "What do you want to watch?" I ask, "Hmmm... Surprise me" she says, I rummage through the movies and grab out 'The Lion King". I hold it up to her, she laughs, "I should've known you would pick Disney" she says and gets up, holding her belly. "Em, where are you going?" I ask, walking over to her, "To get popcorn" she replies, "Sit down, I'll get it" I tell her and walk into the kitchen. I look through the cupboard but can't find any, "Em?" I call, "Yeah?" she calls back, "I think we ran out of popcorn" I tell her, "No, I think there's some microwave stuff in the back of the cupboard on the top shelf" she calls, "Thanks" I say and check the top shelf; sure enough, I find some. I put the popcorn in the microwave and walk back to the lounge room. Just as I sit down the microwave stops, I sigh and get up, grabbing the popcorn then joining Em on the couch.
"So, Em, thought of any baby names?" I ask as the movie starts, "Not really, what about you?" she asks, "If it's a girl, I was thinking Prudence" I say, Emily turns around and looks at me in horror, "I'm kidding!" I laugh, glad I got the reaction I was hoping for. Emily leans her back against my chest and we watch the movie.
We get up to the part where Simba meets Pumba and Timone when I start getting drowsy. I realise that Em is already asleep so I close my eyes and drift off.

*************

I open my eyes as light floods through the curtains, Emily is still asleep so I carefully lift my arm up to check my watch: it's 7:03. "Em" I say, trying to wake her: she doesn't even stir, "Emily" I say again and give her a little shake. Her eyes slowly open and she rubs them. "Morning" she says drowsily, "Morning" I say and kiss her forehead. "It's 7:00, I have to go to work, but you can take the day off if you want" I offer, "No, I'm coming" she says and gets up. I get up off the couch and follow her upstairs to get ready.

Emily emerges from the bathroom in frustration, "What's wrong Em?" I ask, "Stupid top won't fit!" she says, pulling her top off and finding a new one. She grabs another shirt and pulls it over her head; it doesn't fit either. She takes it off and turns around, wearing only pants and a bra. "Have you seen my blue shirt? The one with the buttons at the top?" she asks, "You mean this one?" I ask, picking up a dark blue shirt off the bed and holding it up, "Yeah, thanks" she says and takes it, putting it on. She looks down to make sure it covers her belly, then looks back up when she's satisfied. "All good now?" I ask, wrapping my arms around her and giving her a kiss, she nods and pulls away, heading back into the bathroom to apply her makeup.

We're heading down the stairs when Emily stops and holds her stomach, "Em? You alright?" I ask, "I think it's just a braxton hicks" she says, "You sure?" I ask, "Yep" she says and continues walking, "Are you sure you don't want to take the day off?" I ask, taking her hand, "Yeah, I'm sure" she says and heads out the front door.

We arrive at work and head straight to the round table room. "Sorry we're late" I announce as we take our seats, "What happened?" Rossi asks, "Long story" I answer, "So what've we got?" I ask JJ, "Well sir, 3 days ago, a gas station owner in Fredericksburg was shot in the chest, a packet of cigarettes and $40 was stolen. 6 days ago a small supermarket was broken into after hours and $60 was stolen, the cleaner, who was there at the time, was shot in the chest. And 3 days before that, the owner of a liquor store was shot in the chest and a bottle of vodka was taken" she explains. "Fredericksburg is only 30 minutes away from here, we'll drive" I say and we all get up to leave. Emily stops walking and winces, "Em?" I take her hand, "I'm fine, it's nothing" she says, "I think you should stay here with Garcia" I say, "No, I want to come" she persists, "Emily" I warn, "Alright" she gives in. I walk her to Garcia's office, "Garcia, Emily needs to stay here with you" I notify her, "Okay, is everything alright?" she asks concerned, "Yeah, everything's fine" Em says and takes a seat. She lets out a small sigh and leans back. "I'll see you soon" I say and kiss her, "Bye, love you" she calls as I leave.