Chapter 39: Bad Circumstances

Morgan's POV:
Hotch asks George to try and remember the number plate, but he can't. "Okay George, I am going to give you a cognitive interview" I say, "Is that like hypnotism or something?" he asks, "No, not quite, it's just a memory exercise to help you remember a certain event" I explain and he nods. "Okay, close your eyes and take yourself back to the day when he showed up in the car with the girls" I say and he does as he's told. "What's the weather like?" I ask and he opens his eyes, frowning at me, "Just go with it, it helps to jog your memory" I say and he closes his again, "It was sunny and warm, but not overly hot" he says, "Good, what did it smell like?" "Dirt and dust, it was really dry" "Okay, now the car drives in, what do you do?" I ask, "I stay in my shed, watching out the window" "Okay, what is he doing?" "He's going around to the back door and pulling one of the girls out of the car" "What does he do next?" "He takes the other girl out of the car and then slaps one of them. He holds a gun to my head" he says, slightly panicking now, "Why did he hold a gun to your head?" I ask, "I yelled at him for slapping the girl" he says, "Okay, what do you do next?" "I turn around and walk back to the shed. He shoves the girls in the other car and drives off" "Okay, good. Now go back to where he shoves the girls in the car" I say, he nods and I continue, "What is the numberplate of the car?" I ask. He concentrates for a minute before answering, "It's personalised; May14" he says and opens his eyes. I look at the others and frown, "May 2014 is when Emily and JJ rescued him from the unsub" Reid reminds us. "Thank you George, you've been a great help tonight" I say honestly and he smiles, "I'm glad I could help, I hope you find this guy" he says, "George, there's a homeless shelter not far from our work, why don't we take you there instead of being out here all by yourself?" Rossi offers, "Oh my gosh thank you so much!" George says as a smile forms across his face. Rossi gives him a small smile and we all get in the cars, ready to head back to the BAU.

JJ's POV:
I open my eyes as the sound of scraping fills my ears. I look across to see a plate of food being slid across the concrete floor into my cell. I wait for him to leave before getting up and walking over to the plate. I examine the contents that look less like food and more like slop. Having suddenly lost my appetite, I go back over and lean up against the wall again. "Is everyone still here?" I ask, having not heard from the others for a while, "Yeah" they both reply and I relax a little bit. "Is everyone okay?" I ask, "Yeah, I guess" Penelope answers, "Em?" I ask, "Yeah, I'm fine" she says but her voice sounds strained, "Emily, what's wrong?" I ask, "It's nothing, just a kick" she says and I nod, even thought she can't see me. I yawn and my stomach growls, I realise I haven't eaten for at least two days and look back over at the slop-like substance on the plate. "Has anyone tried the food?" Garcia asks, "No" Emily and I both answer and Garcia chuckles a little bit, "Yeah, didn't think so" she says and we all laugh a little bit. "I don't even know what it is" Garcia laughs again, "Yeah, neither" I say and Emily doesn't respond. "Emily?" I ask, "Yeah" she responds quietly, "Em are you in pain?" I ask, going by the strain in her voice, "Yeah, a little" she replies and I sit up straighter, "What kind of pain? Pregnancy pain or something else?" I ask, starting to freak out a little bit. "Pregnancy, but it's just a kick" she assures me, "Are you sure?" I ask, "Yes" she answers, "Okay" I say but it stays on my mind. "Are they gonna find us soon?" Garcia asks, sounding scared, "I hope so, Penelope" I say, "Me too" she says and a tear rolls down my cheek. What if we never get out if hear? I think, but I don't say it out loud.

We don't say anything for a few minutes, but Emily's voice is the one to break the silence. "Guys?" she says, "Yeah?" Garcia and I both answer, "I think--" she stops and I hear her moan slightly, "Em?" I say in panic, she takes a deep breath before finishing,
"I think I'm in labor".