Chapter 6: Samuel Flint

*3 months later*

Hotch's POV:
"Hey crime fighters, what can I do you for?" "Okay Garcia, we think the unsub if injecting himself into the investigation, so can you get the list of names from the search party?" "Okay there are 107 names, what now?" "We think he's a cop, or at least ex-military, so how many of those people have been involved in law enforcement?" "34" "Alright, he's tracking their alarm systems, how many of those people now work for security companies?" "7" "Okay, cross check those 7 with the list of victims, how many of them installed the victims' alarms?" "Just one, his name is Samuel Flint" "He was in Reid's section for the search party" "Okay, he's 37, works for the local security company, he was a military officer until he was dishonourably discharged in 2003, he installed all of the victims' security systems" "That's great, thanks Garcia" "No problem. Oh..." "What?" "His wife died in a car accident two months ago, one week before the killings started" "That's his stresser, Garcia I need an address" "Yep, sending it to your phones now" she says and hangs up.

JJ's POV:
We run outside and jump into the SUV's, Spencer, Morgan and I in one, Emily, Hotch and Rossi in the other. Morgan gets in the driver's seat and we pull out. Hotch calls and Morgan puts him on speaker, "What is it Hotch?" He says as we drive, "Samuel still has Becky, so we'll go around the front and try to stall him, you, JJ and Reid go around the back and try find Becky. If you find her, approach carefully, it could be a trap." "Okay got it Hotch" Morgan says before hanging up. We arrive at Flint's house just on 9pm. The three of us go around the back while the others go around front. We hear Hotch shout "FBI!" And kick down the front door, so we sneak in through be back door. Morgan checks the laundry, while Spence and I check the bathroom. Once we're sure it's clear we move onto the guest room, it's clear too. Morgan meets back with us and confirms that the laundry and master bedroom were clear. Rossi finds us and has the same story, so do Hotch and Prentiss. "His car is here" Emily points out, "So he's gotta be here somewhere, he can't leave with Becky on foot, it's too far." "I think I saw a shed out back" Spencer says, turning to look out the window. "Yeah, there's also a tornado bunker over there" Rossi says, pointing out the side window. "Okay, you guys take the shed, we'll take the bunker" Hotch says and starts towards the front door. We run out the back door, guns at the ready, our minds on full alert. When we reach the shed, we decide to split up, Reid and I take the back door from opposite sides and Morgan takes the front door. I run around the side of the shed, creeping up to the back door, Reid approaches from the other side, I can faintly hear his footsteps. There's a loud bang and the footsteps stop. "SPENCER!!!" I scream, sprinting around to where Spence was approaching. He isn't there, only a pool of blood. Morgan runs around the corner yelling "JJ! Reid!". "Morgan!" I say, crying as he comes up to me, "What happened?" He asks, noticing to blood, "I don't know" I say and collapse hysterically. Rossi, Hotch and Emily come running over, panic in their faces, "What--" "They got Reid" Morgan says before Hotch can even finish. Emily walks over and pulls me up, hugging me tightly. I cry into her shoulder, unable to stop myself. "Prentiss, take her back to the car" Hotch says, his voice barely audible. Emily and I start slowly walking back to the car, she sits me down on the back seat and climbs in next to me. I bury my face into her shoulder and continue to cry, "It's okay Jage, we'll find him" she says, wrapping her arms around me. I hear someone walking over and look up to see Hotch. "I'm driving you back to the hotel" he says and gets in, starting the engine.
Hotch walks me and Emily up to my hotel room, waiting as I fumble with the key. I finally get it unlocked and walk in, curling up in a ball on the couch. I look over at Hotch and Emily, hoping Em will stay with me. "We'll call in we find anything" Hotch says before giving Emily a kiss and leaving, she shuts the door and walks straight to the freezer. I hear her moving a few things, then she walks back in with a tub of ice cream and a spoon. "It'll make you feel better" she says, handing them to me, "Trust me". I take them from her and open the tub, taking a mouthful. I close my eyes and a tear rolls down my cheek, stopping at my nose, where Emily wipes it off. "We'll find him" she reassures as I take another mouthful, hoping to numb the pain.