Chapter 11: Emily

Reid's POV:
"Dr. Reid" the doctor says, stepping into my room, "Mmm?" "How are you feeling?" I feel alright, it still hurts when I move" "Yeah, you'll feel that pain until after your stitches are out, do you mind if I take a look? Just to see how they're coming along" "Oh yeah sure" I say, lifting up my shirt to show him the stitches holding my cuts together. I flinch as he moves his hand closer to my stomach, "Don't worry, I'm not going to touch them, just having a look" he reassures me, "They seem to be healing nicely" he says and steps back. I pull my shirt down, "So, dinner is just a vegetable soup, would you like dessert with that?" He asks, "Yes please" "What would you like? We have ice cream, pudding or jello" "Jello please" "Okay, it'll be here in about 15 minutes" he says and walks out. I lift up my shirt again and examine my cuts, they cover my stomach, all about 4 inches long. The image of him slashing me is still there, every time I close me eyes, the dreams continue as soon as I fall asleep; how he would drag the blade across my skin, then punch me if I flinched or whimpered, calling me weak. How he would make me watch as he did the same to Becky, slashing me again if I told him to stop. I pull down my shirt and look away, biting my lip to try hold back the tears. I look up just as Morgan walks in, closely followed by Garcia, Rossi and JJ. "Hey guys" I say, smiling in effort to mask the tears, "Hey Reid, how are you?" Morgan asks, "I'm fine, where's Hotch?" "He's with Emily, she's still sick" "Oh, I hope she's better soon" I say and turn to JJ "Hey, Jage" "Hey Spence" she says, taking her usual spot on the edge of my bed. I reach my hand out and entwine my fingers with hers, she leans over so I can give her a kiss then sits back, still holding my hand. The doctor walks back in with my soup and jello, "Thanks" I say as he puts it on the table and walks out. I start on my soup, but realise that I can't reach my bowl properly from this angle. I try to sit myself up, but the pain is too much, so I sit back down "Spence, here" JJ says, passing me the remote to move the bed, I sit it up a bit further, but it doesn't go far enough for me to reach without propping myself up. "I'll just have to baby you then" JJ smiles and starts hand feeding me my soup. When I finish the soup, she starts on the jello, giving me a spoonful before taking a spoonful for herself. "Hey!" I laugh, "Jello's my favourite, you can't just eat it" "I just did" she giggles, giving me another mouthful. Rossi's phone rings, so he leaves the room to take it. "Hey Aaron" I hear him say from the hall, "Yeah sure" he says and walks back in, handing me the phone, "It's Hotch" he says as I put the phone to my ear. "Hello" "Hey Reid it's me, I'm so sorry I couldn't come today" "Don't worry about it, how's Emily?" I ask, "A bit better" "That's good, can I talk to her?" "Yeah I'll just hand you over" he says and passes the phone, "Hey Reid" Emily says, "Hey Emily, how are you doing?" I ask, "I'm alright" "Well when it gets to 48 hours since the last time you threw up, it should be gone" "Thanks Reid" she says, "So how are you?" Emily asks, "I'm doing okay, still hurts but it's only been 2 days" "Yeah well hopefully I can see you soon, get well" "You too, bye" I say and hang up. "How's she doing?" Garcia asks, "She's okay" I say and give her a small smile, she smiles back but it's obvious that she's worried.

Emily's POV:
"I'm so sorry" I say as Aaron walks into the room, "Don't be sorry Em, it's not your fault you're sick" he says, lifting my feet up and sitting on the couch, putting them back down on his lap. He smiles and rubs my leg as I put my head back against the armrest. My eyes start to get heavy and I fall asleep.

I jolt awake as Hotch sits down on the couch, "Sorry" he says, "It's okay, what's the time?" I ask, "7:30" "It's morning?" "Mmhmm" he smiles at me, "Feeling any better?" "Yeah a little" I say, "Are you up for breakfast?" "Yes please, I'm starving" he gets up and walks to the kitchen. I yawn and sit up, stretching my back; sleeping on the couch isn't really that comfortable. Aaron walks back in with a plate of Nutella toast, "Mmm, thanks" I say, taking the plate from him as he kisses my forehead. I eat it slowly, partly because I'm still half asleep and partly because I really love Nutella toast and didn't want to eat it all to quickly. Once I finish I get up and go to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror; my hair looks like it hasn't been brushed in weeks and I have dark rings under my eyes. I grab my hairbrush out of the cupboard and drag it through my tangled hair, struggling to get it past all the knots. I finally get all the knots out and open the cupboard to put the brush away. I look in the cupboard and pause for a moment, just thinking. I turn around and lock the door, then turn back, I grab it out of the cupboard and take a deep breath; am I really about to do this? I breathe out. I guess so.