Chapter 24: The Perfect Snow Day

JJ's POV:
I toss and turn all night, unable to sleep, I just can't kick the thought of that stalker from my head; first me, now Em.
"Jage, you alright?" Spence asks, "What? Yeah, I'm fine" I say, realising I had been crying, "No you're not, come here" he says, pulling me into a warm hug. I snuggle in as close as I can get, his body heat keeping me warm, "What's wrong Jage?" he asks quietly, "I-Hotch told me not to tell anyone but I can't-that letter--" I sob, "--Em got one too, what if it doesn't stop? What if it gets worse?" I bury my face in his chest. Spence turns on a lamp next to the bed and looks me in the eye, "I won't let anything happen to you, and that guy won't get within 100 feet of Emily without Hotch taking him down, this will all be over soon and nothing will happen to you or Emily, I promise" I wrap my arms around him and give him a kiss, "Thank you" I say and close my eyes, it doesn't take long before I drift off in his embrace.

I wake up to a cold, empty bed. I sit up and look around; Spence is nowhere to be seen. I shiver and pull the blanket up, "Spence?" I call: no answer, "Spence!" I call again: still nothing. I get out of bed and chuck my dressing gown on before running downstairs. I look around but can't see him anywhere. I hear the back door fly open and a cold breeze flows in, making me shiver. I turn around to see Spencer standing in front of me covered head to toe in snow. "Spence, what the...?" He takes my hand and leads me over to the window, I gasp at the beautiful sight of snowflakes drifting down from the sky and settling down on the white ground, "I'm sorry Jage, the snow blocked the signal on the TV ariel outside so I went to fix it, it's been snowing all night" he explains, I smile, "You know what that means?" I ask, "No, what?" he asks, but I'm already halfway up the stairs. I sprint into our bedroom and over to the closet, chucking on some warm clothes and snow gear before racing back downstairs and out the door. Spence follows me in confusion but I already have my ambush ready, as soon as he is out the door I attack him with snowballs, throwing them at him at high speed. One is fortunate enough to hit him right on the nose, "Okay that's it!" he says and runs at me, throwing me over his shoulder and running over to a cloud of soft snow before dropping me, making me land on my back in knee deep snow. I laugh and jump up, tackling him and pinning him to the ground. "I'll get you for this!" he warns, "No you won't" I say and rub snow in his face, laughing as I get up and run off before he has time to react.
I hear the phone ring inside the house, so I run inside and lock all the doors, then casually walk over and answer the phone. "Hello?" "Hey Jage it's Em" "Oh hey Em" I say and laugh as I hear Spencer banging at the door, trying to get in, "How are the roads for you?" she asks, I look out the window, "Um, I don't think we'll be able to get to work today, they're blocked off because of all the snow" I say, "Yeah same here, Hotch said don't bother, it's better to be snowed in than trying to get to work in dangerous conditions" "Yeah, hey I gotta go cause I locked Spence outside, I'll call you later, tell Hotch I said thanks" I say, "Haha, will do" Em says and hangs up. I scream as someone grabs me by the waist and throws me over their shoulder, "Spence! How did you get in here?!" I squeal, "Lounge room window" he says proudly and carries me outside. He dumps me in the snow again but this time I'm prepared; I grab his scarf as he drops me, making him fall in the snow as well, then I quickly get up and sit on him. "That's cheating!" he laughs and pulls me closer by my scarf. I lean forward and kiss him on the lips, I pull back but he pulls me in again and kisses me passionately. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment, but he shoves snow in my face and pushes me off, laughing as he runs. I chase him and jump on his back, making his knees collapse in the deep snow. We laugh until tears are streaming down our faces, then he stands up and grabs my hand to help me up, "Breakfast?" he asks, "Breakfast" I agree and we go inside.

Garcia's POV:
I shove the last bit of my breakfast in my mouth and jump up, running to put my bowl in the kitchen. I head upstairs and shove some warm clothes on before going outside. As soon as I am outside the back door, a hand comes over my eyes, I smile as I try to pull them away, "No babygirl, I have a surprise for you" Derek says and leads me through the thick snow with his hands still over my eyes.
"Okay, here we are" he says, I smile as I wait to see my surprise. He takes his hands away and I erupt into laughter at the sight before me: two snowmen holding hands, one with thick arms to show Derek's muscles, and the other with glasses and a bright scarf. "Oh my gosh Derek!" I say, "It's amazing!" I laughing, "I thought you'd appreciate it" he chuckles and takes my hand. He kisses me and then pulls something under my feet, making me fall. I land on a wooden sled, "Oh my gosh baby, you still have this?" I ask, "Never getting rid of it" he confirms and starts pulling the sled, dragging me through the snow to the top of a hill. "No, no, no, no, no!" I scream as he positions the sled at the top of the hill. I scream at the top of my lungs as he launches the sled and I plummet to the bottom of the hill. I get up off the ground and turn around just in time to see Derek trip and roll down the hill. I collapse on the ground in a fit of hysterics, Morgan lies in the snow and laughs at himself. Once tears are flowing freely down my face I manage to finally control myself and stop, but as soon as I look at Morgan I loose it again. He comes over and wraps his arms around my waist, "Okay baby, it wasn't that funny" he says, "Yes it was!" I laugh. He kisses me on the lips and I stop laughing, enjoying the moment while it lasts. Enjoying the perfect snow day.