Chapter 8: Search and Rescue

Rossi's POV:
We drive back to the station, none of us say a word. The trip is unbearably quiet, we're all too depressed to say anything. The phone rings, breaking the silence. I answer it, "Rossi" I say, "Hey it's Prentiss" "Hang on I'll put you on speaker" I say, pressing the 'speaker' button so everyone can hear, "Okay, go" "Alright, so I was thinking; we found that shed awfully easy, and Flint was in the military, so he's trained to know these kinds of things, there was no way he would've just left a phone lying around for Reid to get access to" "What are you saying Emily?" "I'm saying, what if Flint let Reid get that phone, knowing we would track it and go to the shed, stalling us and buying him more time" "Okay, we're on our way back, we'll stop by the hotel and pick you too up so we can take you back to the station. We could really use your help" "Alright, see you soon" she says and I hang up. I give Hotch a worried look and he mirrors it: Flint baited us, and we took it.
Hotch pulls up at the hotel and I get out, quickly going up to JJ's room to pick up the girls. I knock on the door and Emily answers it. "Hey, that was quick" she says, "Yeah, we were already on our way back, how is she?" I ask, Emily looks back at JJ, who's curled up on the couch hugging a photo frame that I'm presuming holds a photo of her and Reid. "Not too good" she says and opens the door wider, letting me in. JJ sees me and sits up, wiping her eyes, "Jage, you ready?" Emily asks, "Yep" she sniffs and gets up, grabbing her badge and gun.

Garcia's POV:
I sit at my desk, waiting for a phone call, or something to tell me that Reid's okay. That he's not dead. Puppies... I need pictures of puppies. I start searching for cute pictures of puppies, I scroll through the endless photos of dogs playing and sleeping. I start to relax a little. The phone rings and I quickly answer it. "Yes, what do you need?" I say, exiting the puppy website. "Babygirl, I need you to work me some magic" "Yes, whatever you need" I say, not even bothering with the snappy comebacks, we need to find Reid. "Can you find out if there's any other properties registered under Samuel Flint's name?" "Uh... There's only his home address" "What about his parents names?" "No, sorry" "Okay... What about his wife? She died 3 weeks ago, there's gotta be somewhere he would go to feel close to her" "Just wait... Yes! There's a holiday cabin 15 miles from you guys near a small lake. I didn't see it earlier because it was actually registered under her parents names, I'm sending you the address now" "Thanks Babygirl you're the best, I love you" "I love you too Morgan, stay safe" I say and hang up.

Prentiss' POV:
We grab our things and start heading out when JJ pipes up, "I'm coming with you" she says, "Jage, I really think you should wait, you don't want to see him like that" I try to convince her, "No, I'm coming" she says and grabs her gun, putting it in her belt. We get in two separate cars; Morgan and Rossi in one, Hotch, JJ an I in the other. Hotch puts the sirens on and we speed off, I look into back seat; JJ is quietly crying. She wipes her tears away when she notices I'm looking at her and tries to act strong. I start feeling sick, so I turn back around, looking out the front window. "Are you okay?" Hotch asks, putting his hand on my leg, "Yeah I'm fine, why do ask?" I say, looking at him, "You look really pale" he says, then takes his hand away, putting it back on the steering wheel.
We pull up at the cabin and wait for SWAT to get in position. Hotch walks up to the door and calls out "Samuel Flint, FBI!" He kicks down the door and we run in. Someone runs out the back door, so Morgan and I chase after him. It doesn't take long for Flint to tire and trip over, Morgan pins him before he has a chance to get back up. "Get off me!" He yells as Morgan tightens the cuffs around his wrists, "I don't think so" Morgan says as he pulls Flint up off the ground. When we get back to the cabin, the team haven't found anything. We load Flint into one of the SUV's and Rossi waits with him, making sure he doesn't try to run off. I walk into the cabin and have a look around. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Hotch comes over and puts his arm around my shoulder, "Still nothing?" I ask, "No" he says and takes his arm away. "It'll be somewhere secluded, where he can control his victims, it'll also be somewhere where he doesn't have to gag them to keep them quiet" I say, just running over the profile in my head. JJ walks over and looks at me, I hold out my arms and she hugs me. "Are we ever gonna find him?" She asks, "Yes, we will" I say and take her arms away. "What?" She asks as I walk towards the bedroom. I lean down and pull back the rug; there's a handle on the floor. I pull the rug off and call Hotch and Morgan over. Hotch takes out his gun and gives me a countdown on his fingers, 3... 2... 1. I pull back the door and he aims his gun, there's nothing. We hear whimpering coming from down stairs. Hotch descends into the basement, Morgan right behind him. "Emily" Hotch says and I take the stairs, two at a time, JJ follows. The first thing I see is Becky Johnson; Flint's most recent female victim, tied to a chair. JJ walks in behind me, "Oh Spence!" She cries out, I turn around to see Spencer, unconcious, tied to a chair behind me; his face is cut, bruised and covered in blood. I feel sick. I turn around and run up the stairs, only just making it to the grass before throwing up. I hear footsteps on the gravel behind me and someone grabs my hair, holding it out of the way as I throw up again. I turn around, Hotch is standing behind me, he lets my hair go as I wipe my mouth. "Sorry" I say, looking at him, "Em, you don't have to be sorry" he says, hugging me, "How could someone do that to him?" I cry, "I don't know" he says quietly, I pull back and he kisses my forehead. The ambulance arrives and we walk over, "Is he gonna be okay?" I whisper, "Yes" Aaron whispers back as they start bringing Becky out in a hospital bed. The second ambulance arrives and the medics run into the house, returning with Reid strapped into another bed. They start loading him into the ambulance when JJ runs out. "Can I please some with you?" She begs, "Yes, but hurry, we're leaving now" one of the doctors say, JJ jumps in and they drive out.