Chapter 14: Going Home

Hey guys, I don't normally do authors notes but I would just like to dedicate this chapter to mayjeangrills (you should all read her story 'For a Reason' it's awesome) She's pretty amazing. So yeah, please read her story!

*******

Reid's POV:
I slowly slide out of bed and walk over to my bag, I go to pick it up but the pain startles my and I drop it. "Spence, sit down, I can do this" JJ says, grabbing my bag, "Thanks Jage" I say and sit back down on the bed. She starts grabbing all my belongings and stuffing them into my bag, I watch her as she does this, wondering what I would do without her. When she's put all my things in my bag she sits down next to me on my bed. "So where'd all the others go?" I ask, "Oh, a case came up so they had to leave" "What about you?" "Right now, you need me more than they do" she says and takes my hand. "So are you ready to go?" She asks, getting up off the bed and grabbing my bag, "Yep" I smile and walk over, kissing her as she smiles back. We walk out of the room and head down the hall, we reach the elevator and press the button, waiting for the doors to open. When they do we walk in and press the button for the first floor. "Remember the time that you and Morgan got stuck in that elevator?" JJ says, "Now's probably not a good time to bring that up, but considering the fact that I have an eidetic memory; yes, I do remember, it's pretty hard to forget" I reply, making her laugh. The doors open and we walk over to the reception. "Can I help you?" The receptionist asks, "Yeah, I'm here to sign Spence out" JJ says, pointing at me, "I'm gonna need his full name ma'am" "Oh right, sorry, it's Spencer Reid" "Okay I just need you to sign this, then you can go" she says, handing JJ a form. JJ signs it, then hands it to me to sign, once we're done we walk out and get in the car. JJ hops in the drivers seat and chucks my bag over the seat behind her. I get in and put my seatbelt on before we drive off.
We arrive on our street and I notice that there are two black SUV's parked at the other end, we pull up at the apartment building and head inside. JJ pulls out her phone and starts texting someone, "Who're you talking to?" I ask, curious, "Oh it's just Garcia, she's lonely" she answers, I laugh. We enter the elevator and wait as the doors close. We arrive on our floor and walk over to our apartment, I grab the handle and open the door. The first thing I see when I walk it are the backs of three people's heads above the couch. They get up and turn around; it's Morgan, Hotch and Rossi. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask, "Is that Reid?" Someone calls out from the kitchen, then Emily and Garcia come over and stand in front of me. "What's going on?" I ask, that's when I realise the 'Welcome Home' banner tapped up across the back wall. "You seriously thought we would just leave you and JJ to go home by yourselves?" Garcia says, "Well, yeah" I reply, "But I made cupcakes" she says, "Mmm, Garcia's cupcakes are the best" I think to myself as JJ takes my bag and puts it in our room, then walks back out and sits on the couch. We all follow her to the lounge area and sit down, I go to take a seat but they're all taken, "Oh, sorry, here" Emily says, getting up, "No, Em, sit down, it's fine" I say, "Reid" Emily says harshly, "Okay, okay" I say, taking her seat, she laughs and sits on the floor. "So why did you guys park at the end of the street?" I ask, remembering the SUV's I saw, "Oh, well this was supposed to be a surprise party, but we decided to not risk putting you back in the hospital if we scared you too much" Garcia says, "Oh, thanks guys" I say and get up. "What are you doing?" JJ asks, "I just need to lie down for a minute, I'm kinda tired" I say and walk into the bedroom. "Is he alright?" I hear Morgan ask, "Yeah, he'll be fine" JJ answers. I shut the door, not wanting to hear anymore of their conversation, and walk over to the bed, taking my shoes off before lying down. Images start flashing through my mind: the dark room, the sharp knife, the belts he used to tie me up, the pain that came after he would slash me with the knife, or punch me in the face. I reach down and pull up my shirt, carefully running my hand over the stitches holding my skin together. I pull my shirt back down and look up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath. Someone opens the door and walks in, I don't even bother to look up. "Spence? You okay?" JJ asks, sitting down on the bed. I turn to look at her, "Yeah, I guess" I say, she lies down on her side and looks at me, "Spence, what's wrong?" "I don't know, I just need to be alone for a while, I know they mean well, but I just wanna stay here, with you, for a bit" "Okay, I'll tell them to leave" "Thanks Jage" I say, she kisses me and walks out, shutting the door behind her. I hear mumbling through the door, then she comes back in, "They're gone, but Garcia insisted on leaving the cupcakes here" I laugh, "Thank you" I say. Jage lies back down and reaches her hand out, entwining her fingers with mine.