Chapter 37: That's Where He's Keeping Them

Hotch's POV:
After contacting Kevin Lynch, we finally had up the section of security footage from the car park that we needed. "See, right there" Morgan points out and Kevin rewinds, "You see that?" Morgan asks and I nod. "He's careful about keeping his face hidden from the camera, his back is always turned" I state. We watch the footage again and I notice something right before he approaches the two girls. "Look at that" I say, pointing to the screen. Kevin rewinds again and I point to the unsub; he pulls out a gun right before he approaches the girls. "He must've held the gun to their backs" Rossi says, "Yeah but there's two of them and only one gun" Morgan says, "No there's not" Reid says and we all look at him, "JJ,s gun" he says and turns to Kevin, "Can you rewind it just a little bit?" Reid asks and Kevin does at he's told, "Look there, he pulls the gun on Garcia and then reaches down to JJ's belt" Reid says, "He must've taken her gun" I state the obvious. "Can we zoom in on his number plate?" I ask, Kevin zooms in and I quickly write it down. "Who's that plate registered to?" I ask. "Umm" Kevin says as he types, "It's a rental" he states and we sigh. "Can you find out who rented the car?" I ask, "They paid in cash, I'm sorry" Kevin says and Reid leaves the room.

"Reid" I say as I follow him, he ignores me and keeps walking. "Reid!" I say and grab his arm, turning him around. "I don't know if I can handle this" he says, "It's okay, I understand" I say and I do, we're both in the same situation. "If you need a few minutes to clear your head that's fine. Just come back when you're ready, we could really use your help" I say and he nods. I walk back into Garcia's office where the rest of the team is working with Kevin. "How's Reid?" Rossi asks, "He'll be alright" I say and we get back to work.

JJ's POV:
I'm awoken by the sound of someone sobbing. "Em, is that you?" I ask through the wall as I come to my senses, "No" she responds, "Penelope?" I ask through the brick wall on my other side, "Yeah" she says between sobs, "Oh my gosh, Penelope" is all I can say. "Are you alright?" Emily asks, "Yes... No... I don't know" she sobs harder. "What did he do?" I manage to say, but it comes out as more of a whisper. "He... Oh god" she cries, "Penelope, did he rape you?" Emily asks, shocked, "Not quite" she responds quietly. "What did he do?" I ask again, "He tried to feel me up" she cries, "But I wouldn't let him, so he hit me, and then..." She cries harder, "He said he would kill Derek if I didn't do what he wanted" she says, "What was that?" Emily asks, concerned, "He touched me" she sobs and I feel tears running down my cheeks too.

Reid's POV:
I walk out of the BAU and stand in the entrance of the FBI. I pull my phone out and dial a number as tears threaten to spill over. I blink and they run down my cheeks. "Hello?" "Hey Mum" I say and sniff, wiping away my tears. "Spencer, what are you calling me for? I was in the middle of eating my lunch" She says, making me laugh a little, "I'm sorry, it's just JJ--" I stop myself, "I just miss you" I say, "I miss you too" she says and I smile. "So how's that girlfriend of yours going?" she asks, I feel a lump form in my throat, "She's good" I force myself to say, "Mum I really have to go now, I love you" "I love you too" she says and I hang up. I put my phone away and head back into the BAU.

"Any news?" I ask when I enter Garcia's office, "No, we've put out an APB on the vehicle but there's still no sign of it" Hotch says. I sigh and sit in a spare chair in the corner of the office. "Woah, hang on" Kevin says and I get up. "We have gained access to the vehicle's GPS" he says and opens up a map with a red dot showing where the car is. "Are there any buildings near the car?" Morgan asks. Kevin zooms in and buildings start to come into focus, "That looks like a shed" he says, pointing to a small, rusty looking building, "What's that?" Rossi asks, pointing to a larger building near the shed. Kevin taps some keys and some information comes up on the screen, "It's an old abandoned hospital, it's been out of use for about 7 years" he says. "It's secluded, no one is likely to bother him, it's the perfect place to keep the girls" Rossi says and Morgan gets out if his chair. "It's about 2 hours from here so let's go" Hotch says and we run out the door.