Chapter 34: A New Lead

Reid's POV:
JJ and I sit in the waiting room of the hospital, neither of us saying a word. JJ looks over at me as if she's about to say something, but she drops it and goes back to staring at her hands. "Grant Andersen" a doctor calls, walking into the waiting room, "That's us" I say, standing, "Follow me" the doctor says and leads us down the corridor. "How is he?" JJ asks, "He lost a lot of blood, so he'll be quite tired for the next few days, but he's going to be fine, just no walking or using his hands too much in the near future" the doctor answers and opens a door to reveal Andersen lying pale faced in a hospital bed. We walk into the small room and the doctor leaves us to be alone with him. His eyes slowly open and he looks at us, "Hey Andersen" JJ smiles, "How are you feeling?" she asks, "I've had better days" he replies, smiling slightly. "Are you up for some questions?" I ask, immediately feeling guilty for having to pressure him straight away, "Yeah" he says, turning his head so he can look at me easier. "Do you remember what he looked like?" I ask, "I don't know" he replies, "He had a hood on and a bandana around the bottom half of his face" he says. "What about his body type?" I ask, "Average hight, not exactly skinny, but not overweight either" he replies, "Okay thank you" I say.
We're silent for a minute and then Andersen speaks again, "I screwed up, I'm really sorry" he says, "What are you talking about?" JJ asks, "If I had of been ready, I might have been able to shoot him and Emily wouldn't have been taken" he says, "This isn't your fault Andersen, this unsub is way more sophisticated than we thought, we're the ones who should be sorry for putting you through this" I say, "Thank you" he says and stand we to leave, "We have to get back to the rest of the team" I explain and he nods, "Get well" JJ says and we leave the room.

Prentiss' POV:
I open my eyes but I can't see anything. I don't move for a few minutes, giving my eyes time to adjust.
My surroundings come into focus and I look around, trying to see where I am. I put my hand on the brick wall, steadying myself to stand up. I'm in a small brick cell, with a wire-fenced front. I walk over to the wire, looking through and feeling like I'm in a cage. I can't see much beyond the cage wire except a brick wall on the other side. I sit back down on the floor, putting my arms around my belly, "It's alright bub, they'll find us" I whisper, trying to convince myself.

Morgan's POV:
Reid and JJ return from the hospital and immediately get to work. "So have you got anything new" JJ asks, "Yeah" Hotch says, handing her the notes of our developing profile. "Okay good, so has anyone gotten anymore notes?" she asks, "No" "Well we need to get to work and find this guy" she says, "JJ, we're doing the best we can" I say, "Yeah well this asshole kidnapped my best friend so we need to find her!" she snaps and storms off, "Jage!" Reid calls, running after her. We all look at each other and get to work. JJ's right: we need to find Emily.

"So he thinks he's in love with the girls, does that mean he won't try to harm Prentiss?" I ask, "Not necessarily, he might force her to do things to make her show that she loves him" Rossi says. Hotch shifts uncomfortably in his chair and an apologetic look forms across Rossi's face. I sigh and lean back in my chair, closing my eyes for a minute to try to clear my head and focus. "How is it that this guy just so happens to "fall in love" with three FBI agents?" I ask, "Yeah, that's the part I can't figure out" Rossi says, "Wait a minute" I say, sitting up in my chair, "What? What is it?" Hotch asks, "What if he's a victim that the girls saved? He was thankful for the girls and ended up falling for them" I say, "Yes, of course!" Rossi says, "We need to look through old case files, see who made the arrests and narrow it down to ones where one or more of the girls have either arrested or shot the unsub" Hotch says and we all get up, heading to the room where most of the cases are stored.