Chapter 40: Battered And Bruised

Garcia's POV:
"Oh my gosh, Emily are you okay?! JJ what do we do?! What if they don't find us?! Em you might have to have your baby here!" the words come spilling out of my mouth like vomit, "Penelope! Calm down! Your panicking isn't helping!" JJ says harshly, taking me by surprise, "Oh I-I'm sorry" she quickly apologises, "I didn't mean to--" "Jage it's fine" I say and take a deep breath. "Emily, how close are your contractions?" I ask calmly, "About every 15 minutes" she answers, "Okay, JJ, what does that mean?" I ask, "I don't know, I've never had a baby!" she says, "JJ, you need to calm down" I say, making her laugh awkwardly, "You both need to calm down, I'm the one in labor here" Emily says and we all laugh.
"Ahh!" "Em?" "Contraction" she answers through her teeth, "How bad?" JJ asks, "I don't know" "Okay, on a scale of one to ten?" JJ asks, "Um, five or six" Emily answers and then breathes out, telling us it's over.

******************

"Emily, what's wrong?" I ask, referring to the crying I can hear coming from her cell, "I don't want to do this alone, I don't want to give birth to this baby in a cell and I need Aaron" she cries harder at that last comment, "Oh, Em, it'll be okay, Hotch will find us, I'm sure they're already on their way" JJ soothes, "What's taking them so long then?" Emily cries, "I don't know" JJ mutters.

A loud bang sounds from the end of the corridor. We all go silent. Shoes scuff along the concrete, slowly coming towards us. They stop at Emily's cell and he talks, "How's our baby going?" he asks, "Great" Emily answers, clearly too tired to argue that it's not his baby, "Good" he says and keeps walking. He stops at my cell door and pulls out his keys. I take a deep breath, trying to look strong as he enters the cell. He picks me up off the ground by my arm and starts dragging me out of the cell. As we pass the door I grab onto it, holding on like a child throwing a tantrum. He pulls my arm harder. Afraid he might pull it out of the socket, I turn around and knee him in the balls. He cries out in pain and in one quick movement, he removes his belt from his pants and hits me with it. I scream and grip the door tighter, refusing to let go. He whips me with the belt again and I scream louder, this time crumpling on the floor. "That's what you get for disobeying me!" he shouts and whips me one more time before kicking me in the ribs, causing me to move inside the cell door, before slamming it shut and locking it. Storming down the corridor and out of sight. I stay on the floor, unable to move through the pain. "Penelope, are you okay?" JJ asks, tearing up, "I'm-I'm fine" I cry as the tears spill freely from my eyes, collecting in a patch on the ground.

Reid's POV:
We arrive back at the BAU and head straight to Kevin's office. "Kevin, we need you to track the numberplate 'may14' as quickly as you can" Hotch orders. "Yes sir" Kevin replies and starts typing frantically. "It's registered to a Cameron Jacobs, it's a small, silver American made car" Kevin says and shows us a picture, "That's it, can you track the GPS?" Hotch asks, "Sure, but it might take a while to gain access" Kevin says and Hotch nods, "Whatever you can do" he says and leaves the office.

I walk out of the room and sit at my desk, taking a deep breath and sighing. "Reid, you okay?" I look up to see Morgan standing over me, "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just worried" I say, "Me too kid, me too" he says and claps me on the shoulder before turning to leave, "Morgan?" I say before be walks off, "Yeah?" He turns back around to face me. I take a deep breath, collecting my thoughts before I speak, "Samuel Flint" is all I can manage to say, "What about him Reid?" Morgan asks in confusion, "I keep thinking about what he did to me, the agony he put me through, and then I think about what JJ must be going through" I say, looking down at my hands, "This isn't Flint, and JJ's strong, she'll get through this" Morgan says, "Yeah, but sometimes that's what gets you killed" I say as my eyes well up, "You can't think like that, we'll find her" Morgan comforts me, I give him a thankful look and stand up, heading back to Kevin's office.

*************

After 2 hours of waiting around, Kevin finally gains access to Cameron Jacobs' GPS. He shows us a map and sends us the coordinates. The car is parked outside a big old building that hasn't been in use for over 20 years. "Okay let's go!" Hotch orders and we head out to the SUV's. I get in a car with Hotch and Morgan gets in the other car with Rossi.

We speed down the road, sirens blaring, lights flashing. Hotch is fixated on the road and I can't help but think this is going to be another trick to buy Jacobs more time. I keep quiet about my worries and watch the road ahead, focusing on the traffic to distract myself, but the thought of JJ bruised and beaten still gnaws at the back of my mind.

A/N: THANKS EVERYONE SO SO MUCH FOR GETTING ME TO 10K YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME THANK YOU!!! As a thank you, mMayeangrills came up with the idea to write a oneshot, and so I did. It's a Demily fic called "Heartbreak" and it's really short so plz read it! it's only 1 chapter so it's really quick to read! Once again thanks everyone! ily xx