Chapter 5: Saturday Mornings

Reid's POV:
*Beep, beep, beep*
I reach out for my alarm clock and search for the right button with my eyes still closed, I find it a hit it; a thud shortly follows. I sit up to see what hit the floor: 3 books. I get up to grab them when the phone rings. "The books can wait" I think to myself as I answer the phone. "Hello, this is Dr. Spencer Reid" "Hello Dr. Spencer Reid" the voice on the other end says, "I'm sorry, who's this?" I ask, confused, "This is your worst nightmare" the voice says, then I realise; "JJ? Is that you?" "How did you know?!" She laughs, "Because you have a very distinctive voice, it only took me a minute because I'm half asleep. Why are you calling me at 6:30 in the morning?" "Because I thought I'd bring you breakfast" I frown, confused. Someone knocks at the door, I put down the phone and walk over, opening the door to see JJ standing there with a container of pancakes. "Want some breakfast?" She says, holding up the container, "Wow JJ, thanks!" I say, letting her into my apartment. She puts the container on the kitchen bench and walks over to me, I kiss her and take her hand, she wraps her arms around me and puts something in my hand behind my back. I pull away to see what it is: a block of chocolate. "Thanks Jage" I smile, kissing her forehead. "Did you know that chocolate is full of dopamines and phenylathylamines, which are two of the main chemicals of love?" "I had a feeling you'd say something like that" she says, before walking off to the kitchen. "Where are your plates Spence?" JJ calls out, I hear a crash and then: "I found them, don't worry, I didn't break anything!" I start laughing and walk in, "Here, let me help you" I say, taking the plate from her hands. I put all the pancakes on the plate while JJ searches the cupboard for maple syrup and other toppings. "Spence?" "Yeah?" I turn around to see Jage holding an empty bottle of maple syrup, "Oh" I say as I put the plate down on the table. "Do you have any other toppings?" She asks, putting the empty bottle in the bin, "I have butter, and strawberry jam" I say, grabbing them from the cupboard. She laughs and sits down at the table, "Okay, I guess that will do" she smiles, taking a mouthful of pancake. "Thank you JJ" I say, leaning down to kiss her forehead. I sit down a start eating, what a perfect start to the weekend.

Garcia's POV:
"Babygirl, Babygirl, wake up" "What?" I moan, opening my eyes, Derek is leaning over me, waking me up. He leans down and kisses me before standing up and smiling. "Mornin' beautiful girl" he says, walking into the kitchen, the smell of eggs wafts in and I sit up. Morgan is standing by the stove, cooking eggs. I get up and walk in, smiling at how wonderful my husband is, I give him a kiss and start helping, getting out plates and cutlery. "Thanks Babygirl" he says, he loads the eggs onto the plates and puts them on the table before turning around to face me. I kisses me, slowly at first, but then he speeds up and we continue for a while. "Derek" I say, pulling back and smiling, "The eggs are gonna get cold" I laughing, sitting down at the table. We start eating and he smiles at me, "What?" I ask, "Do I ever tell you how much I love you?" He says, "Everyday" I answer, smiling back.

Rossi's POV:
The smell of hot food from the cafe is wafting over to my table, I breathe it in and my stomach growls. A lady walks past and I look up to see if it's her; it's not, I look back down and the paper. I continue reading until someone sits down at the table, making me jump, I look up and smile, "Hey Roseanne" I say, putting the paper down, "Hey Dave, I'm so sorry in late, have you ordered?" "No not yet, I was waiting 'til you got here". A waiter walks over to us and asks for our orders, "I'll get the bacon and eggs thanks" I say, looking up at him, "And I'll get the fruit salad" Roseanne says, smiling at me as the waiter turns to leave.